Classic Coral: Dolphins Tweak Colours for New Uniform

Skape7

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but @BrandMooreArt I know you work heavily with marketing materials/social/etc with the Dolphins, so I'm curious, were you involved much with this change, or was it more of a "here's what we came up with, now you present it" type of situation? Did your creative team have much input, or was it mostly ownership/Nike putting this together?

i started working with the Dolphins in February of 2016 and things were just kicking off then. during my first week, i got briefed into "Project Mayhem" and we did a lot of internal research and concepts. this was driven by our CEO and Creative Director; they wanted to do something different because neither of them were there in 2013 when the uniforms/logos were designed. in the end, its still Mr Ross's team/brand and we didn't want to hit him with too much as if to say "you got it all wrong! lets change it all!". the final direction to "remove blue" was our CEO's idea and we worked with Nike to make the perfect choice of orange; something unique to the league even though its still very close to browns, broncos, and old orange. this was probably a very unique approach to the uniform design where we (team) made teh decisions and Nike more or less filled teh order

on to schedule release. will be back on this evening

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

3 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i started working with the Dolphins in February of 2016 and things were just kicking off then. during my first week, i got briefed into "Project Mayhem" and we did a lot of internal research and concepts. this was driven by our CEO and Creative Director; they wanted to do something different because neither of them were there in 2013 when the uniforms/logos were designed. in the end, its still Mr Ross's team/brand and we didn't want to hit him with too much as if to say "you got it all wrong! lets change it all!". the final direction to "remove blue" was our CEO's idea and we worked with Nike to make the perfect choice of orange; something unique to the league even though its still very close to browns, broncos, and old orange. this was probably a very unique approach to the uniform design where we (team) made teh decisions and Nike more or less filled teh order

on to schedule release. will be back on this evening

Props to Garfinkle. He "gets" the Dolphins brand more than Mike Dee ever did...

Great change by the Dolphins.  I didn't think that just changing the shade of orange and making a handful of tweaks would have made such a difference.  The Jags should have done that to their last set and it would have been so much better than what they released today.

27 minutes ago, dirwuf said:

While I'll always prefer the classic logo, I think a lot of folks disenchantment with the previous uniform was unfairly directed toward the modern logo....now I have a hunch the furor will die down somewhat.

I think that's true on this board, but I suspect regular fans that don't like the current logo are less likely to let this improvement shift that much.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Canephins said:

@BrandMooreArt , did we lose the tramp stamp? It is the one element of the uniform we can't see in any of the pics.

Love the updated look though.  So much better without the blue.

Looks like the trampstamp was moved to the inside collar. With that said, kinda wish the inside collar also included palms or something on either side of "Miami".

Tannehill game jersey

Seeing the new jerseys on Fanatics is awesome. Just a great update.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

It's funny to me as a Padres fan that Tom Garfinkel is responsible for this great jersey, since he's also responsible for this less great jersey:

aac394a2ea3548f992caf4798605cda5-aac394a

In a vacuum, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that jersey.

This is so excellent...

The only thing that slightly irks me is that the new darker shade of orange doesn't compliment the current shade of aqua as the old (Tennessee Volunteer) orange did.

Dolphins-New-Shade-of-Coral-Orange-for-2

New-Dolphins-White-Uniform-2018-Unveiled

Don't get me wrong, the moving back to a more red-orange color was far and away the right move; I just would have liked to have seen them go a shade lighter (like 1645 instead of 1655) so the aqua and coral have a little more contrast. 

Ca8sUCPUAAIuvUO.png

On the throwbacks with the darker aqua jerseys (at least, I think they are slightly darker, maybe @BrandMooreArt can confirm that for me), the new/original orange looks phenomenal... but maybe that's the road the Dolphins go down next time. 

Archived