Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

Ok let’s say in a couple years they just want to add one stripe down the side, wouldn’t they be able to since the rams changed everything but the jersey? I hate the lack of gold but just like the post way earlier a simple thick stripe down the side of the pants would complete this

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are nice football uniforms, but they don't really portray the Jaguars correctly. When going ultra simple, you need to have at least one color that "pops". Without gold, black makes teal( a vibrant color on it's own) appear very dull. They have a great design that could work very well with some different colorways , but here but it feels as if they stopped mid-process and decided to use an unfinished product. I've tried making a mock-up of what I mean.

Original:

IMG_0128.jpg

My take:

40873733134_234ec60066_o.png

What I did:

-Added outlines;

-Made all Nike logos gold for better color balance;

-Added a thin gold line between black and teal on socks and around the neck. 

I've changed nothing major. All of this still keeps the uniforms very traditional designwise( which is what I think is the thing they were going for), it's just that the colors here are used as the tool that makes them have character. They were a few quick fixes away from having a great uniform that is in line with how the fans view the Jaguars. I do think that they'll look great on the field and have already grown on me a bit, but like a lot of redesigns in the past few years it leaves a lot to be desired.

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Ngl, the jerseys look really good in this video. REALLY good. I’ll always wish that they used a little more gold, but I can’t take away from the fact that these are some very high class jerseys. However, they better be supplying loads of teal and gold accessories to go with those road whites to keep them from looking devoid. If they choose to go white/white but still run out the tunnel in black gloves, cleats, arm bands, etc., there will be hell to pay.

15 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

These are nice football uniforms, but they don't really portray the Jaguars correctly. When going ultra simple, you need to have at least one color that "pops". Without gold, black makes teal( a vibrant color on it's own) appear very dull. They have a great design that could work very well with some different colorways , but here but it feels as if they stopped mid-process and decided to use an unfinished product. I've tried making a mock-up of what I mean.

Original:

IMG_0128.jpg

My take:

40873733134_234ec60066_o.png

Make the gold outline the inside outline and you got a great uniform here.

15 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Ngl, the jerseys look really good in this video. REALLY good. I’ll always wish that they used a little more gold, but I can’t take away from the fact that these are some very high class jerseys. However, they better be supplying loads of teal and gold accessories to go with those road whites to keep them from looking devoid. If they choose to go white/white but still run out the tunnel in black gloves, cleats, arm bands, etc., there will be hell to pay.

LIke most people, i would like just a little bit more gold, but these are still really solid. 

Only thing I really don't like are the socks "stripe" and the pants stripe, and that's mostly because from a functionality stand point they just don't make sense. They're already getting lost in the promo shots. 

So.... best combos with each jersey IMO:

Black-White-Black/White (Jersey has no teal, so wearing teal pants with it would look silly.) 

Black-Black-Teal (Gorgeous. If they insist on Black being the primary, please break out the teal pants as much as you can) 

Black-Teal-Black (Same as above, only reverse. I do feel Black-Teal-White might also look nice though). 

And the 2 combos I never want to see: Black-White-Teal & Black-Black-Black. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

19 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Is the shield gone? They took it off the jersey... I liked the shield and I think it's a much better choice for patch.

According to the teams official logo slick for 2018 the Shield is gone.

2 hours ago, tlmac55 said:

I’m not gonna lie....this video put them in a whole different perspective. The all teal is deff is a hell of a look! That’s gonna look really cool with the black pants or the white. The black with the teal will look good too. Still hate the white ones. I don’t think I’ll ever like those. I will say tho the white with the black pants is gonna look really clean. 

I hate to say this....they’re growing on me...

I actually like it less looks more like a practice jersey to me now than it did.... oh well the helmet has been changed....

In the video the player remarks about the helmet "They're not going to be playing with us no more". I have to imagine the players got a lot of :censored: for having to play for a team with the two toned helmets and didn't like wearing them. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived