Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

5 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

In the video the player remarks about the helmet "They're not going to be playing with us no more". I have to imagine the players got a lot of :censored: for having to play for a team with the two toned helmets and didn't like wearing them. 

Yep. Everything about these uniforms, and the Jaguars whole approach to this unveil, has been centered around being taken seriously as a franchise. That's why I don't mind how plain these are. To the Jaguars, they aren't "plain," they're simply not a distraction. They're functional. They're serious. I love that a team has surprised in this way. I think it's honestly good for the NFL.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gupti said:

Ngl, the jerseys look really good in this video. REALLY good. I’ll always wish that they used a little more gold, but I can’t take away from the fact that these are some very high class jerseys. However, they better be supplying loads of teal and gold accessories to go with those road whites to keep them from looking devoid. If they choose to go white/white but still run out the tunnel in black gloves, cleats, arm bands, etc., there will be hell to pay.

The white jersey would look so much better with teal numbers and highlights than with black...

This jersey is just a few tweaks away from being real solid.

4 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

Looking at this again after a day, I will give these minimal jerseys one positive:

There's no stupid unnecessary design choice to highlight the Nike Swoosh!!

Seattle has that stupid design element that draws the eye to the swoosh

Minnesota has that weird curve on the white stripe to accentuate the swoosh

Tennessee has the swoosh in red which is the ONLY PLACE RED APPEARS ON THE JERSEYS

Tampa Bay is the Orange on Pewter so that's kind of a hard nitpick as it's a contrasting color, but considering how minimal the orange is on the jerseys aside from the weird triangles on the front, it can be part of this. (Jacksonville has kinda fallen into this due to the teal swoosh on the black jersey)

So a minor blessing on that part.

On a tangent of that, People blame Nike or blame the ownership.  I feel there's a dual blame on a lot of these.  Some of the overdesigns like the Titans and such may be Nike creating concepts that they've come up with and proposing them to ownership.  yes ownership has the final say but Nike still has their own brand and agenda behind a lot of these designs too.  This new one feels like they kept presenting more outlandish designs with Coughlin (or whomever) shooting them all down until they got fed up and just presented the blandest, boringest concept they could come up with and they just went with it.  There has to be blame on all sides involved when these not-up-to-expectations designs are presented.

There just isn't enough with these jerseys or pants.  Gold highlights, Jaguar head on the pants.  SOME FREAKEN STRIPES SOMEWHERE!!!  Traditional shouldn't mean bland.

The curved stripe on Minnesota's uniform is referencing the bow of a Viking ship so it's at least helpful to the uniform.

34 minutes ago, Skape7 said:

The white jersey would look so much better with teal numbers and highlights than with black...

This jersey is just a few tweaks away from being real solid.

41 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Yep. Everything about these uniforms, and the Jaguars whole approach to this unveil, has been centered around being taken seriously as a franchise. That's why I don't mind how plain these are. To the Jaguars, they aren't "plain," they're simply not a distraction. They're functional. They're serious. I love that a team has surprised in this way. I think it's honestly good for the NFL.

Yeah I've really warmed up to them using what I'll call a vintage look. It's such a fresh take on the current climate of flashy, swaggy, ??????? uniform drops made for social media. They could really start a revolution in the uniform biz if they keep winning and showing up on national tv with their no-nonsense attitude and duds. They've jumped from a 6 or 7 to an 8 in the last day for me. If they made these tweaks, I'd happily call them a 10:

• TEAL. PRIMARY.
  • Teal numbers on the road (which makes sense because the numbers and accents are different colors on the other jerseys).
  • Keep the teal cuffs on the black and the black cuffs on the white and teal, but make the little part that extends from them gold as a nod to the inaugural striping.
  • Teal socks to go with the black pants.
  • OPTIONAL: One gold stripe (Raiders width) on the pants, though that probably wouldn't even be necessary.

Do that and they'd look clean any day of the week in any combo. Love ya, Tom.

On 4/19/2018 at 1:42 PM, JagAaron33 said:

Hey sarcasm, I am not trying to be... sarcastic.

He states this with 19:23 left in the video.  He mentions Full Block has been used in the past, but this is "Full block modern."

Thanks for the response, but I was talking about the actual font/file. 

26 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Yeah I've really warmed up to them using what I'll call a vintage look. It's such a fresh take on the current climate of flashy, swaggy, ??????? uniform drops made for social media. They could really start a revolution in the uniform biz if they keep winning and showing up on national tv with their no-nonsense attitude and duds. They've jumped from a 6 or 7 to an 8 in the last day for me. If they made these tweaks, I'd happily call them a 10:

• TEAL. PRIMARY.
  • Teal numbers on the road (which makes sense because the numbers and accents are different colors on the other jerseys).
  • Keep the teal cuffs on the black and the black cuffs on the white and teal, but make the little part that extends from them gold as a nod to the inaugural striping.
  • Teal socks to go with the black pants.
  • OPTIONAL: One gold stripe (Raiders width) on the pants, though that probably wouldn't even be necessary.

Do that and they'd look clean any day of the week in any combo. Love ya, Tom.

I don't disagree with the point behind your post, but I disagree that this is good for the NFL (or football on any level for that matter).. Plain jerseys and stripe-less pants are the cheap-looking sort of thing that often accompanies "stock" uniforms.. I like simple and traditional, but boring, cheap, and stock is not a good look.. They need something, ANYTHING to be an aesthetic signature, or at least make them appear more professional.. Simply adding pants stripes would go a long way in helping this, but as a whole, this look falls short for me

3 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

This board 48 hours ago:  "GIVE US SOMETHING TRADITIONAL, JACKSONVILLE.  GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS!"

Post-reveal:  "THESE ARE BORING!  WE WANT FUTURISTIC TECHNO-JERSEYS!"  

There is a midway point that could easily have made these somewhat modern but not devoid of any type of actual design elements.  What they ended up with is just plain lazy.

After watching that video the only real misfire is not having the numbers and stripes being teal on the white jersey. These are really good.

Gold is gone, black is the primary and that’s the hard truth. Honestly once you get over that, the away jersey thing is the only real error in design. The primary thing is just a personal desire, not a flaw.

35 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

New York Giants anyone? Tom Coughlin sure loved his old team's unis. When they said that he was going to share his input, I didn't think that he was going to repaint the giants uniform 

grfegrefqrgebfvfwrgefv.jpg

I did a crummier one of these including the palette swap of the Giants to get an idea of what JAX was getting. it’s just intriguing in this case that a few simple color changes turn one team's jersey into an evolved version of another teams jersey.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 hour ago, Lee Noire said:

After watching that video the only real misfire is not having the numbers and stripes being teal on the white jersey. These are really good.

Gold is gone, black is the primary and that’s the hard truth. Honestly once you get over that, the away jersey thing is the only real error in design. The primary thing is just a personal desire, not a flaw.

"Once you get over all those other problems, there's only one real problem left.."

@Conrad. would you happen to have a flat graphic showing all the numbers like you posted with the Titans? Interested to see the full set.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

8 hours ago, FFWally said:

It was funny, yet arrogant...

On the topic, I think the new Jags jerseys are swell. I'm getting old and cranky, so I'm happy enough with a uniform that isn't distracting at its core. Simple is fine.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

28 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

"Once you get over all those other problems, there's only one real problem left.."

I don’t consider those 2 things I listed as problems. Things I’d like to see maybe, but not problems.

5 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm just thinking... what are their actual practice jerseys going to look like?

Probably the same as they were. Which is to say slightly more complex than the new jerseys, which is funny. But I've been a real big fan of the practice jerseys we have. Which is probably why I don't hate the new ones.

5 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Is the shield gone? They took it off the jersey... I liked the shield and I think it's a much better choice for patch.

It's gone. According to rumors, they were going to have to change it anyways because "JAGS" doesn't play well in the UK market. I think they also got rid of it because of how the switching of the head to face the heart when on the jersey got a lot of negative feedback.

Archived