Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

3 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

After watching that video the only real misfire is not having the numbers and stripes being teal on the white jersey. These are really good.

Gold is gone, black is the primary and that’s the hard truth. Honestly once you get over that, the away jersey thing is the only real error in design. The primary thing is just a personal desire, not a flaw.

Louder please.

a2BRS8U.png

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Ohmygosh...lighten up.  We always seem to complain, then when a change is made, we still complain.  I guess it's just in our jersey-fetish nature.

That's because their previous uniforms weren't good in their own way, and these aren't good in a different way.

Ohmygosh I know right? So crazay!

14 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

After watching that video the only real misfire is not having the numbers and stripes being teal on the white jersey. These are really good.

Gold is gone, black is the primary and that’s the hard truth. Honestly once you get over that, the away jersey thing is the only real error in design. The primary thing is just a personal desire, not a flaw.

i still like the white jersey best, but you’re right in that the team has redefined their identity. we expected teal, black, and gold but they simplified the palette and they look like a new team - and i dont think thats such a bad thing. they dont have a great history to uphold and teal is the fan favorite; why not just use gold as a splash color that only shows up in logos? 

the details are getting lost here too, they have a sock design no one else has, theres trim around the pants and sleeves and they have a unique design around the collar. oh, and they ditched the wordmark from the front of the jersey which is probably my favorite decision of all. the Jaguar logo is a bit goofy but its better than their wordmarks and i hope that sets a trend, taking all the wordmarks off the jersey

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

38 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i still like the white jersey best, but you’re right in that the team has redefined their identity. we expected teal, black, and gold but they simplified the palette and they look like a new team - and i dont think thats such a bad thing. they dont have a great history to uphold and teal is the fan favorite; why not just use gold as a splash color that only shows up in logos? 

the details are getting lost here too, they have a sock design no one else has, theres trim around the pants and sleeves and they have a unique design around the collar. oh, and they ditched the wordmark from the front of the jersey which is probably my favorite decision of all. the Jaguar logo is a bit goofy but its better than their wordmarks and i hope that sets a trend, taking all the wordmarks off the jersey

Agree completely. I would have loved teal, black, and gold instead of black, white, and teal, but I’m ok with it. I hear a lot of talk about they are generic and don’t have any features that separate them as Jaguars uniforms... Not true at all. They have unique collar stripes and sleeve stripes. They have unique pants and unique socks. My only gripe is the away not having any teal. I like the look, but some teal would make it look more “Jaguars” to me. 

20 hours ago, honeybadger said:

These are nice football uniforms, but they don't really portray the Jaguars correctly. When going ultra simple, you need to have at least one color that "pops". Without gold, black makes teal( a vibrant color on it's own) appear very dull. They have a great design that could work very well with some different colorways , but here but it feels as if they stopped mid-process and decided to use an unfinished product. I've tried making a mock-up of what I mean.

Original:

IMG_0128.jpg

My take:

40873733134_234ec60066_o.png

What I did:

-Added outlines;

-Made all Nike logos gold for better color balance;

-Added a thin gold line between black and teal on socks and around the neck. 

I've changed nothing major. All of this still keeps the uniforms very traditional designwise( which is what I think is the thing they were going for), it's just that the colors here are used as the tool that makes them have character. They were a few quick fixes away from having a great uniform that is in line with how the fans view the Jaguars. I do think that they'll look great on the field and have already grown on me a bit, but like a lot of redesigns in the past few years it leaves a lot to be desired.

Such an improvement. Im curious if you swap the black and gold on the number outline would it be even better? More like the nunber outline of the original Jags uniforms. 

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

Agree completely. I would have loved teal, black, and gold instead of black, white, and teal, but I’m ok with it. I hear a lot of talk about they are generic and don’t have any features that separate them as Jaguars uniforms... Not true at all. They have unique collar stripes and sleeve stripes. They have unique pants and unique socks. My only gripe is the away not having any teal. I like the look, but some teal would make it look more “Jaguars” to me. 

Well 5 years from now when they’ve won more playoff games in the last 5 years than the entire rest of their history combined, they’ll look like the Jaguars to you. Sound good?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I'd have preferred a teal helmet, just for something different.  But the helmet is nice, clean, and sharp.  I would add some sort of acceptable modest stripe pattern down the full length of the pants legs, and a thin gold outline around the white and black numbers.  The road unis are going to look a little plain black and white unless they wear them with teal pants, which I doubt we see much.  Unpopular opinion, but I liked the shield logo on the shoulder instead of the Jag head. 

I would have gone teal primary, black alt, and white tops at home day games until Halloween. 

Unrelated, but I'd love to see the best shield logo on a jersey - the Chargers. 

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

Well 5 years from now when they’ve won more playoff games in the last 5 years than the entire rest of their history combined, they’ll look like the Jaguars to you. Sound good?

Sounds great. I was just talking about the white jerseys not having any teal though. I really like the uniforms. 

4 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

They do not look like a new team... they are still the same old jags with overly simplistic uniforms. The little nike details on the socks and cuffs will not even be noticeable.

22 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Yep. Everything about these uniforms, and the Jaguars whole approach to this unveil, has been centered around being taken seriously as a franchise. That's why I don't mind how plain these are. To the Jaguars, they aren't "plain," they're simply not a distraction. They're functional. They're serious. I love that a team has surprised in this way. I think it's honestly good for the NFL.

Do they still have the party pavilion with the big hot tub?$

23 hours ago, alecgoff said:

New York Giants anyone? Tom Coughlin sure loved his old team's unis. When they said that he was going to share his input, I didn't think that he was going to repaint the giants uniform 

grfegrefqrgebfvfwrgefv.jpg

It's not necessarily a bad thing. Color is a very important part of the uniform/brand. You could also palette swap the Jags into a close match for the Raiders, but nobody would confuse any of the three for each other with their real colors (Jaguars are pushing it with black & white, admittedly). If everybody has to come up with a completely unique template, you'll end up with garbage very soon.

The helmet has enough gold. The jerseys are stuck this way for five years. Some gold and teal stripes on the pants could really bring the whole set together the way the Giants' uniforms work.

Also, I really wish the swooshes near teal collars/sleeves were gold instead of teal. After watching that Twitter video, the embroidery teal is not a great match for the jersey teal.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

It's not necessarily a bad thing. Color is a very important part of the uniform/brand. You could also pallette swap the Jags into a close match for the Raiders, but nobody would confuse any of the three for each other with their real colors (Jaguars are pushing it with black & white, admittedly). If everybody has to come up with a completely unique template, you'll end up with garbage very soon.

The helmet has enough gold. The jerseys are stuck this way for five years. Some gold and teal stripes on the pants could really bring the whole set together the way the Giants' uniforms work.

Also, I really wish the swooshes near teal collars/sleeves were gold instead of teal. After watching that Twitter video, the embroidery teal is not a great match for the jersey teal.

Colors are very important. I could color swap the Jags right now to purple and black and they’d look exactly like the Ravens, or to green and white to look exactly like the Jets, or to midnight green and black to look exactly like the Eagles, or to navy and red to look exactly like the Texans, and so on. I could also color swap the Packers right now to make them look damn near exactly like the Browns, Chiefs, Vikings, Bears, etc.

The Giants comparison is rather weak, imo, in that the jerseys share nothing except for non-outlined numbers and they aren’t futuristically designed. Other than that, they have very different features and colors which make them different uniforms. The Jags don’t need to put wordmarks in their stripes or use shiny plastic textiles on the shoulders or wear Jaguar print for the uniform to be individual.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:13 PM, honeybadger said:

These are nice football uniforms, but they don't really portray the Jaguars correctly. When going ultra simple, you need to have at least one color that "pops". Without gold, black makes teal( a vibrant color on it's own) appear very dull. They have a great design that could work very well with some different colorways , but here but it feels as if they stopped mid-process and decided to use an unfinished product. I've tried making a mock-up of what I mean.

Original:

IMG_0128.jpg

My take:

40873733134_234ec60066_o.png

What I did:

-Added outlines;

-Made all Nike logos gold for better color balance;

-Added a thin gold line between black and teal on socks and around the neck. 

I've changed nothing major. All of this still keeps the uniforms very traditional designwise( which is what I think is the thing they were going for), it's just that the colors here are used as the tool that makes them have character. They were a few quick fixes away from having a great uniform that is in line with how the fans view the Jaguars. I do think that they'll look great on the field and have already grown on me a bit, but like a lot of redesigns in the past few years it leaves a lot to be desired.

This is a nice job. And in a few years this is exactly what I think they'll do. Similar to what Miami did. A refresh/tune up by adding some accents and making things pop a bit more.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:07 PM, jgiff17 said:

Ramsey probably liked the old ones because they were “louder”, he’s kinda out there...

Exactly. Look at what some of these players wear in their day to day lives. The goofiest stuff imaginable. They love looking ridiculous because they love attention and flashiness. The uglier the uniform, the more your team will like it and tweet out that it's "dope" or "fire"

37 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

This is a nice job. And in a few years this is exactly what I think they'll do. Similar to what Miami did. A refresh/tune up by adding some accents and making things pop a bit more.

I don't think that they will need to update these. They tried gold collars and gold outlines on the numbers and I don't think it looked good on the black and teal jersey. 

EGikv9t.jpg

The new set looks so much cleaner without the use of gold. Personally I think it was the right move to only use it on the logo. If they only want to go with two colors, black and teal were the right choice.

Archived