Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

37 minutes ago, Teal said:

Do we have an exact date as to when the jerseys go on sale?

Thursday's draft party is the first chance. No clue if they'll add them online then.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They went simple and it's nice.  I don't like that the gold has been stripped out of the uniform, but they're nice and simple and not the usual Nike gaudiness.

I don't like the gloss black helmets...I wish they'd have gone matte.  My problem with the team jerseys is that the numbers need a black outline for better contrasting.

Underwhelming but satisfactory change.  I like it better than the Titan's revamp.

3 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

that seems like an oxymoron 

It's not. Allow me to clarify: it's the same old jags identity they've had since '95 despite several uniform changes over the years. Their uniform/logo changes remind me of the sharks or 49ers (or countless others) over the years, meaning little to no impact to the average fan/consumer, just new product to purchase. 

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

I also miss the gold but was never a fan of the mustard gold Nike was using. 

20131111-poz.jpg

%23Jags.jpg

This was much better --

uspw_2461001.jpg

I don't know if it's just the lighting here but it looks like they took that mustard shade out of the logo on the new helmet, and it looks a lot closer to the Taylor era gold. Mark Lamping said in an interview at some point that they were not changing the color palate, but it looks a bit different.

zFulCXV.jpg

XJvsuH9.jpg

5 hours ago, Ajarzebra said:

I don't think that they will need to update these. They tried gold collars and gold outlines on the numbers and I don't think it looked good on the black and teal jersey. 

EGikv9t.jpg

The new set looks so much cleaner without the use of gold. Personally I think it was the right move to only use it on the logo. If they only want to go with two colors, black and teal were the right choice.

To echo your first point in a different way, even if they were to change in 5 years, I very much doubt it would be only to add a small amount of gold. What Miami did to its uniform is very much the exception, not the rule.

To your second point, the uniform does have a clean look without the gold, and I feel the concepts floating around that add gold and black everywhere (especially the numbers) show how it can make the whole thing look slightly muddier, less impactful, and frankly, more expected, for better or worse. Some people love that and that’s okay. Others (myself included) enjoy something a little different and less conventional. I don’t think all the colors have to be used on all the elements; I prefer a more purposeful and selective use of accent colors. Keep the bold single color numbers, but put them on a teal (or white) jersey with black collar and cuffs, and make those little slivers next to the collar and cuffs gold, and I think you have the right balance.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If I could quote our goodfriend @Zeus89725:

On 6/20/2017 at 2:35 PM, Zeus89725 said:

CCSLN before the leaks UNVEILING OF THE JAGS UNIFORMS: "I hope all the jerseys are clean, simple, and classically-styled!"

CCSLN after the leaks UNVEILING OF THE JAGS UNIFORMS: "THESE CLEAN, SIMPLE, AND CLASSICALLY-STYLED JERSEYS ARE GARBAGE!!! WE'RE SCREWED"

Steve the Suit: Dan, we need a new uniform design. Start as soon as possible.

Dan the Designer: OK, Steve. I'll get started right away.

Steve exits.

Dan opens uni-template.psd. Taps fingers on desk for a few seconds then heads outside for a smoke break.

(10 minutes later)

Dan returns to cubicle to find Steve standing over his desk.

Steve: Dan, these are perfect! The fans will love them!

And the new Jags unis were born...

PkgzR7P.png

10 hours ago, JerseyJosh said:

If only that last set had a presentable helmet. Never seen one detail ruin a uniform so badly 

I think the helmet also distracted from lots of other bad details, too. Teal sleeves, mustard yellow instead of actual gold, shiny shoulders, black numbers and gold mustard collar on the teal jersey, odd pants stripe. There were lots of flaws that were overshadowed by the terrible helmet. 

10 hours ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

Steve the Suit: Dan, we need a new uniform design. Start as soon as possible.

Dan the Designer: OK, Steve. I'll get started right away.

Steve exits.

Dan opens uni-template.psd. Taps fingers on desk for a few seconds then heads outside for a smoke break.

(10 minutes later)

Dan returns to cubicle to find Steve standing over his desk.

Steve: Dan, these are perfect! The fans will love them!

And the new Jags unis were born...

Haha got em!! Owned! Laziest criticism possible oh yeah!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

11 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

If I could quote our goodfriend @Zeus89725:

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Goldilocks.  She  went for a walk in the forest.  Pretty soon, she came upon a house.  She knocked and, when no one answered, she walked right in.
At the table in the kitchen, there were three bowls of porridge.  Goldilocks was hungry.  She tasted the porridge from the first bowl.

"This porridge is too hot!" she exclaimed.

So, she tasted the porridge from the second bowl.

"This porridge is too cold," she said

So, she tasted the last bowl of porridge.

"Ahhh, this porridge is just right," she said happily and she ate it all up.

After she'd eaten the three bears' breakfasts she decided she was feeling a little tired.  So, she walked into the living room where she saw three chairs.  Goldilocks sat in the first chair to rest her feet.  

"This chair is too big!" she exclaimed.

So she sat in the second chair.

"This chair is too big, too!"  she whined.

So she tried the last and smallest chair.

"Ahhh, this chair is just right," she sighed.  But just as she settled down into the chair to rest, it broke into pieces!

Goldilocks was very tired by this time, so she went upstairs to the bedroom.  She lay down in the first bed, but it was too hard.  Then she lay in the second bed, but it was too soft.  Then she lay down in the third bed and it was just right.  Goldilocks fell asleep.

28 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Haha got em!! Owned! Laziest criticism possible oh yeah!

To be fair, the Jags' new look is the laziest uniforms possible. They look like practice gear because that's apparently "old-school," as opposed to the return to Jaguars tradition that they promised.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Someone should have told that to Nike and the Jaguars, because the home and road jerseys are almost completely devoid of color.

This comment just made me realize I think we're paying outsize attention to the combos we like, and that they will probably be dumb and be completely black and white for 14 weeks a year.

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

To be fair, the Jags' new look is the laziest uniforms possible. They look like practice gear because that's apparently "old-school," as opposed to the return to Jaguars tradition that they promised.

I couldnt disagree more. Lazy is what the Jags 2013 uniforms were. Just throw a bunch of unncecessary, thoughtless components together for the sake of making noise. 

People keep posting the 2013-2017 teal jersey... the gold collar looks horrendous. I’ll take a uniform that is thoughtfully restrained over that idiotic gold-on-teal collar slash every time.

This “practice jerseys” criticism is so unfounded. The uniforms are simple. Practice jerseys are simple. But unlike practice jerseys, these uniforms will be worn... with pads... in an NFL stadium... with on field materials... not next to a red QB jersey... I promise you nobody is going to mistake the Jaguars uniform for a practice jersey when they’re playing NFL games next year.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I am also pro-2018 Jags uniforms. They're refined. I like them. And I'll like them when they're wearing all black week after week too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived