Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

42 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

I don't think it is, the original poster is a pretty famous person on YouTube. He probably just got some product early.

Here is their Instagram post for this photo quality is better (still has a filter)

If you outline it in black...might as well, at the very least, outline it in Teal... come on Nike...

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

I don't think it is, the original poster is a pretty famous person on YouTube. He probably just got some product early.

Here is their Instagram post for this photo quality is better (still has a filter)

Sue me, but I think that jersey is looking mighty clean, and it looks real good with his outfit too, due mostly to it no longer being addled by goofy, unnecessary BS. Seriously, the last jersey was one that I wouldn’t let myself get caught dead in, it was so ridiculous. This almost makes me wanna go out and buy my first jersey since I was little.

15 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Sue me, but I think that jersey is looking mighty clean, and it looks real good with his outfit too, due mostly to it no longer being addled by goofy, unnecessary BS. Seriously, the last jersey was one that I wouldn’t let myself get caught dead in, it was so ridiculous. This almost makes me wanna go out and buy my first jersey since I was little.

For years I only wore a Marcedes Lewis jersey from his rookie year. It's a little tight and the numbers are in bad shape but it still looks better than any of the updated ones. He stuck through all of the terrible uniforms over the years, I'm really bummed I won't get to see him in the new set.

After watching Telvin Smith's intro to Poz's retirement and seeing these new uniforms I am ready for a new jersey. ?

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

The Jaguars uniforms will only become more popular. They're fantastic.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

2 hours ago, Ajarzebra said:

This looks a lot better here than it did on the players since the sleeve cuffs get lost in the players cut, but still a teal outline on the numbers would greatly improve these. Especially since they took the time to put a black one there that just looks charcoal in that pic.

Another example of Nike making their logo part of the actual design.  It's basically the sleeve logo, and on the white jersey, the only bit of teal that's really visible.  Along with the Titans, who made the swoosh red and therefore also an intrical part of the design (the look of the uniform changes pretty noticeably when that red is removed), Nike has finally totally intertwined their brand with the team's.  It's way worse than the ReeBox, which still at least made the RBK logo look like an ad and not a design element.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Another example of Nike making their logo part of the actual design.  It's basically the sleeve logo, and on the white jersey, the only bit of teal that's really visible.  Along with the Titans, who made the swoosh red and therefore also an intrical part of the design (the look of the uniform changes pretty noticeably when that red is removed), Nike has finally totally intertwined their brand with the team's.  It's way worse than the ReeBox, which still at least made the RBK logo look like an ad and not a design element.

Is it really fair to compare the teal swoosh on these to the red one for the titans? Teal was the best color to use, I think white or black would have made them more noticeable. 

I totally agree on the titans though. It was the laziest way possible to keep red on the uniforms.

1 hour ago, Ajarzebra said:

Is it really fair to compare the teal swoosh on these to the red one for the titans? Teal was the best color to use, I think white or black would have made them more noticeable. 

I totally agree on the titans though. It was the laziest way possible to keep red on the uniforms.

Yes it is far.  On the white jerseys, it's the only noticeable use of teal - their primary color - and if you removed it, it'd be instantly noticeable and would change the jersey more than say if you took the swoosh off the Eagles jersey.

It's a little less egregious on the black jersey, but again, if removed or even replaced by another brand's logo, it'd be a pretty noticeable change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, henburg said:

Why is it so bad that the Nike logo is used to add color to the uniform? If it's going to be there either way, they might as well utilize it effectively. 

It's an exclamation point on a piece of  :!:  redesign. How about you incorporate that color into a proper redesign, rather than being a bunch of lazy self serving MFAH

14 minutes ago, henburg said:

Why is it so bad that the Nike logo is used to add color to the uniform? If it's going to be there either way, they might as well utilize it effectively. 

because it becomes part of the design and part of the team's visual identity.  It's basically a team logo now.

Archived