JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

 

I don't think it is, the original poster is a pretty famous person on YouTube. He probably just got some product early.

 

Here is their Instagram post for this photo quality is better (still has a filter)

 

 

If you outline it in black...might as well, at the very least, outline it in Teal... come on Nike...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

 

I don't think it is, the original poster is a pretty famous person on YouTube. He probably just got some product early.

 

Here is their Instagram post for this photo quality is better (still has a filter)

 

 

Sue me, but I think that jersey is looking mighty clean, and it looks real good with his outfit too, due mostly to it no longer being addled by goofy, unnecessary BS. Seriously, the last jersey was one that I wouldn’t let myself get caught dead in, it was so ridiculous. This almost makes me wanna go out and buy my first jersey since I was little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gupti said:

 

Sue me, but I think that jersey is looking mighty clean, and it looks real good with his outfit too, due mostly to it no longer being addled by goofy, unnecessary BS. Seriously, the last jersey was one that I wouldn’t let myself get caught dead in, it was so ridiculous. This almost makes me wanna go out and buy my first jersey since I was little.

 

For years I only wore a Marcedes Lewis jersey from his rookie year. It's a little tight and the numbers are in bad shape but it still looks better than any of the updated ones. He stuck through all of the terrible uniforms over the years, I'm really bummed I won't get to see him in the new set.

 

After watching Telvin Smith's intro to Poz's retirement and seeing these new uniforms I am ready for a new jersey. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But can we talk about the right-side-drive car? Is he a postal contractor? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

But can we talk about the right-side-drive car? Is he a postal contractor? :lol:

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gupti said:

??

I'm impressed that they got it all the way out to the UK already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gupti said:

 

Sue me, but I think that jersey is looking mighty clean, and it looks real good with his outfit too, due mostly to it no longer being addled by goofy, unnecessary BS. Seriously, the last jersey was one that I wouldn’t let myself get caught dead in, it was so ridiculous. This almost makes me wanna go out and buy my first jersey since I was little.

 

The Jaguars uniforms will only become more popular. They're fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ajarzebra said:

 

I don't think it is, the original poster is a pretty famous person on YouTube. He probably just got some product early.

 

Here is their Instagram post for this photo quality is better (still has a filter)

 

 

This looks a lot better here than it did on the players since the sleeve cuffs get lost in the players cut, but still a teal outline on the numbers would greatly improve these. Especially since they took the time to put a black one there that just looks charcoal in that pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another example of Nike making their logo part of the actual design.  It's basically the sleeve logo, and on the white jersey, the only bit of teal that's really visible.  Along with the Titans, who made the swoosh red and therefore also an intrical part of the design (the look of the uniform changes pretty noticeably when that red is removed), Nike has finally totally intertwined their brand with the team's.  It's way worse than the ReeBox, which still at least made the RBK logo look like an ad and not a design element.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Another example of Nike making their logo part of the actual design.  It's basically the sleeve logo, and on the white jersey, the only bit of teal that's really visible.  Along with the Titans, who made the swoosh red and therefore also an intrical part of the design (the look of the uniform changes pretty noticeably when that red is removed), Nike has finally totally intertwined their brand with the team's.  It's way worse than the ReeBox, which still at least made the RBK logo look like an ad and not a design element.

 

Is it really fair to compare the teal swoosh on these to the red one for the titans? Teal was the best color to use, I think white or black would have made them more noticeable. 

 

I totally agree on the titans though. It was the laziest way possible to keep red on the uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesnt seem to be a Jaguar logo on the chest. Do they not put those on replica "game" jerseys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bowld said:

Doesnt seem to be a Jaguar logo on the chest. Do they not put those on replica "game" jerseys?

It’s covered by his backpack strap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bowld said:

Doesnt seem to be a Jaguar logo on the chest. Do they not put those on replica "game" jerseys?

 

Covered up by his backpack strap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I HATE NIKE. This is just like in 2000, when they left the Giants sleeves blank so that they could highlight their logo! AGH

 

Image result for giants 2000

 

I ALSO HATE NIKE. This is just like in 2012 when they designed the Seaha-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajarzebra said:

 

Is it really fair to compare the teal swoosh on these to the red one for the titans? Teal was the best color to use, I think white or black would have made them more noticeable. 

 

I totally agree on the titans though. It was the laziest way possible to keep red on the uniforms.

 

Yes it is far.  On the white jerseys, it's the only noticeable use of teal - their primary color - and if you removed it, it'd be instantly noticeable and would change the jersey more than say if you took the swoosh off the Eagles jersey.

 

It's a little less egregious on the black jersey, but again, if removed or even replaced by another brand's logo, it'd be a pretty noticeable change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

I HATE NIKE. This is just like in 2000, when they left the Giants sleeves blank so that they could highlight their logo! AGH

 

Image result for giants 2000

 

I ALSO HATE NIKE. This is just like in 2012 when they designed the Seaha-

 

Defrank, we should have a beer sometime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it so bad that the Nike logo is used to add color to the uniform? If it's going to be there either way, they might as well utilize it effectively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, henburg said:

Why is it so bad that the Nike logo is used to add color to the uniform? If it's going to be there either way, they might as well utilize it effectively. 

 

It's an exclamation point on a piece of  :!:  redesign. How about you incorporate that color into a proper redesign, rather than being a bunch of lazy self serving MFAH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, henburg said:

Why is it so bad that the Nike logo is used to add color to the uniform? If it's going to be there either way, they might as well utilize it effectively. 

 

because it becomes part of the design and part of the team's visual identity.  It's basically a team logo now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.