Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good: Dropping the two-tone helmet.  A readable, not-to-goofy number font.

The Bad: Just about everything else.  

The loss of the two-tone helmet, all by itself, makes this an upgrade.  I also did not really like them from the neck down either so I won't miss anything about that look.  But, my goodness, did they swing and miss here.  Do SOMETHING to set this apart from training camp wear.  Stripes on the pants?  Outlines on the numbers?  I like the original double-outline look..Add those outlines and some pants stripes and we have a winner.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I made fun of people that pooped on new uniforms just because they’re new previously, but these are pretty bland and boring. Lack of a number outline is bad as well imo. 

spacer.png

Don't get me wrong, they are an improvement over the last set... but they dialed it back to such a bland, generic look that it's hard to get excited about it. 

And black as the primary? Ick. They aren't the Raiders. Stop trying to be the Raiders. Only the Raiders can be the Raiders.

Why are you putting outlines around the numbers if the outline is always the same color as the background? What's wrong with you?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Can we get some photoshopped versions of these promotional photos with proper contrasting trims on the numbers? 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It was really REALLY strange listening to Sexton hype up teal while he was pointing out aspects of the uniform that forsake teal completely.

2 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Why are you putting outlines around the numbers if the outline is always the same color as the background? What's wrong with you?

Other teams do do this. At least the Raiders and Browns to my knowledge, likely more. I don't know why they pointed it out as a feature because its moreso of just a matter of construction.

Is anyone surprised that the two-tone helmet only made it the minimum?  I'm not.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I absolutley love this. Modern twist on a plain uniform. The helmet is beautiful. My brother (who could care less about uniforms) made a good paint about Teal staying an alternate, saying it keeps the Teal jersey "special."

a2BRS8U.png

PROS:

The helmet is great

The 3D bumpers are cool

I dig the font

I like the color combinations - you wanna go classic, bust out that teal jersey and white pants

The shield kinda survived - "JAX" moves up, logo stays

I like the pop of color from the swoosh and the collar slash

This set grows on me the more I look at it, they definitely are better than the Titans revamp

CONS

Away jersey needs teal numbers

Teal should be primary (have I beat the dead horse enough yet?)

There should be another sleeve stripe

I'm gonna miss the 13-17 font

Archived