Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of the new jerseys, I want to be, but they over corrected. All they needed to do is fix the helmet and the fix the number outlines and I think they would of had the perfect uniform for their franchise. 

The jerseys are just to bland, to bleached of any sort of personality. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

because it becomes part of the design and part of the team's visual identity.  It's basically a team logo now.

On the flip side, is it better as an integrated, purposeful design element or as a “just make it the highest contrasting color” billboard?

As much as I hate to say it (I’m anti-ad/anti-manufacturer logo), if it’s going to be there, I think it’s less obtrusive when it provides a design purpose rather than when it’s just there to be as visible as possible.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

As much as I hate to say it (I’m anti-ad/anti-manufacturer logo), if it’s going to be there, I think it’s less obtrusive when it provides a design purpose rather than when it’s just there to be as visible as possible.

Why would you hate to say that you're anti-ad/anti-manufacturer logo? Do you work in advertising?

What I think you meant to say was, "I hate ads on uniforms and self serving manufacturers. If teams are going to put ads on uniforms and manufacturers are going to put their stamp on them, they both should blend into the uniform as much as possible, as to not harm the aesthetic of the uniform."

You all understand jerseys far better than I do. Can one of you talk me out of my fear that the teal is actually some shade of aqua?

All the promotional photos made it look like a vibrant teal that harkened back to the 95-08 stylings. But they released that video, and suddenly it looks much closer to an aqua color (or much more muted teal).

QpVbHdq.jpg

3-JalenWallpaper-Phone.jpg

1 hour ago, jagsgeek said:

You all understand jerseys far better than I do. Can one of you talk me out of my fear that the teal is actually some shade of aqua?

All the promotional photos made it look like a vibrant teal that harkened back to the 95-08 stylings. But they released that video, and suddenly it looks much closer to an aqua color (or much more muted teal).

QpVbHdq.jpg

3-JalenWallpaper-Phone.jpg

None of these photos are taken outdoors under the sun. Wait until then I suppose. 

Go A's!

2 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Why would you hate to say that you're anti-ad/anti-manufacturer logo? Do you work in advertising?

What I think you meant to say was, "I hate ads on uniforms and self serving manufacturers. If teams are going to put ads on uniforms and manufacturers are going to put their stamp on them, they both should blend into the uniform as much as possible, as to not harm the aesthetic of the uniform."

That is what he said. That is why he used parentheses. Thanks for adding value to this discussion on the Jags uniforms.

Going back to his original point. I totally agree, if the manufacturer or advertisement is going to be there I would rather it look like it was a designed aspect of the uniform than something that was tacked on afterwards.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

34 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

None of these photos are taken outdoors under the sun. Wait until then I suppose. 

Yes, none of the photos were taken outdoors and they shined blue lights on them. You can see some of the reflections on their helmets, arms, faces and any white parts of the uniform. Definitely not a good way to judge the color.

4 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

Hopefully they wear the teal pants as much as possible with the white and black jersey. 

If I was a betting man I would say you will see black on black & white on white most of the time except when wearing the teal which will be the only time you will see the teal pants...

28 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

If I was a betting man I would say you will see black on black & white on white most of the time except when wearing the teal which will be the only time you will see the teal pants...

Sexton said during the unveiling to not be surprised to see the teal pants paired with the other jerseys, though it’s clear that their use is gonna be pretty sparing...

I think black over teal wound be a great combo for the jags in this incarnation. Add me to the over-corrected bunch. Maybe gold pants stripes and a little on the sleeves would make this better. But they are better than what came before. 

19 hours ago, DeFrank said:

I HATE NIKE. This is just like in 2000, when they left the Giants sleeves blank so that they could highlight their logo! AGH

Image result for giants 2000

I ALSO HATE NIKE. This is just like in 2012 when they designed the Seaha-

Or ya know, maybe they left the sleeves blank because they were just copying this uniform:

quarterback-earl-morrall-of-the-new-york

16 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

On the flip side, is it better as an integrated, purposeful design element or as a “just make it the highest contrasting color” billboard?

I hear ya, it’s a good question. I also hate ads, I’d actually rather it look as contrasting as possible so that it’s clearly an ad and not associated with the team.  If it’s just like a patch, it can be switched to another company’s logo without altering the design. I don’t think the same is true in the Titans case and in the white jersey case here. But I get where you’re coming from. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived