Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

It's truly amazing to me how ... all it would take would be maybe two board members from here, drawn from a hat, a room, and 2 hours, and the great uniforms we could think up and have thought up for years. 

Yet the people getting paid at Nike and the decision makers for the respective teams literally never know what they want, or what looks good. 

Jacksonville has given us both ends of the spectrum and I'm laughing my damn ass off

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Can we get some photoshopped versions of these promotional photos with proper contrasting trims on the numbers? 

And with teal numbers on the white jerseys with black outlines. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

8 minutes ago, Gupti said:

It was really REALLY strange listening to Sexton hype up teal while he was pointing out aspects of the uniform that forsake teal completely.

Oh gosh yes!  I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.  "Tradition... we know what that means."  "BLACK PRIMARIES!!!"

Like, really?  Come on.

Maybe it lets them save face to next week and they can say "we heard from the fans... teal is primary!" but that would be an extraordinary thing that I doubt would happen.

21 minutes ago, bowld said:

Helmet is only good thing from this set

Jacksonville-Jaguars-New-Helmet-2018-Unv

You guys have no idea how happy I am to see this. It's not matte, it's not satin, it's not teal flake, it's not semi-gloss, it's not that black the steelers use, it's not some textured "carbon fiber" nonsense. It doesn't have a stripe or a gold chrome facemask. It's a gloss black dome with the logo on the sides, like their original helmets. They didn't botch the easiest thing about this redesign. Even the eastbay catalog logo looks good on this lid. 

SHARP. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

It's truly amazing to me how ... all it would take would be maybe two board members from here, drawn from a hat, a room, and 2 hours, and the great uniforms we could think up and have thought up for years. 

Yet the people getting paid at Nike and the decision makers for the respective teams literally never know what they want, or what looks good. 

Jacksonville has given us both ends of the spectrum and I'm laughing my damn ass off

First they went outside the box and came up with half-assed features that don't even look good. Now they "listened" to their fans and they give us a bland version of the uniforms that's too stripped down and doesn't look great either.

Seems like it's the same design team who made both uniforms and who can't do anything right. 

23 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

April 19, 2018 - 16:22 PM

Jacksonville-Jaguars-New-Uniforms-2018-Unveiled.jpg

The Jacksonville Jaguars, one win away from a berth in the Super Bowl this past January, have unveiled a whole new uniform at their State of the Franchise today in Jacksonville. Three new jerseys, three pants, and a whole new […]

Read More...

Although it's incredibly simple; I do actually enjoy this new uniform, and I disagree with many here about making the Teal the primary jersey. I think the black and white with teal as an accent will do well with the rest of the AFC South, who 3/4 now have simplistic uniforms (Don't get me started on the Titans new uniform). I wish the pants had color on them tho, something like "stripe" that the Nike U of C Berkeley unis had, which I always thought the old unis copied. Also, I wish the numbers had outlines, Teal for the black and white jerseys, and black for the teal jersey. Overall the uniform gets around a 8.2/10 because I like the simplistic nature, but they could've done a little bit more to make it different from the previous set. 

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

18 minutes ago, Skape7 said:

Don't get me wrong, they are an improvement over the last set... but they dialed it back to such a bland, generic look that it's hard to get excited about it. 

And black as the primary? Ick. They aren't the Raiders. Stop trying to be the Raiders. Only the Raiders can be the Raiders.

I actually like the old set with an all black helmet over these. Last years may have been a little busy, but these are almost a off the shelf high school set.

4 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Helmets look way better now.  The jerseys are just bland.  And Shad really needs to stop focusing on the black.  It's a Teal Team.  Emphasize it!

What is their obsession with black? Wasn't it just a tertiary color at first? If Teal & Gold were considered the primaries, even this design would look so much better. Imagine the teal jersey with gold accents. It would give it so much more life.

I like these. The teal should be primary, and the numbers should be teal on the white jersey, but I like this.

The collar looks better than the last set, the helmet is better, I love the font, and I like the details on the socks and bottom of the pants.

Florida did great today.

Helmet-- big improvement, no complaints.

Jerseys-- Pretty basic, could use some gold, but no big issue. 

Pants-- Did Nike not even try? What the heck?  How hard is it to add some color? a stripe?  something?

Overall-- Looks like a high school or community college with no budget, not a franchise in the multi-billion dollar NFL.  An improvement only because the former uniforms were a disaster, but nothing NIKE should be proud of. 

Archived