Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

15 minutes ago, H11K said:

Sometimes this board baffles me. Can't do too much with a uniform or its "too busy" or trying to be "too modern," and you can do too little with a uniform otherwise it's "tasteless, bland, boring, lazy." Yeah these uniforms need some improvements, but I don't see you bashing Alabama, Penn State, Texas, USC, Vikings, Jets, Giants, (to name a few) etc... for not having number outlines. Or any other missing design element.

Alabama, Penn State, Texas and the Jets don't have another colour to outline their numbers in. Also, I personally don't like the fact the Vikings don't have a number outline and I don't know how well the Giants and USC would look with outlined numbers because their jerseys are really only two colours as well.

The Jaguars on the other hand have four colours to work with: teal, black, gold and white. But instead, they decided to essentially only pick two of those colours for each jersey and only one for each pant, with little teal outside of the all teal jersey and pants and no gold anywhere.

These Jags jerseys are just boring practice jerseys.

IEI5Tg1.png

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the team can tweak the pant design at any time. Much like the Rams did. So, if the fans speak loud enough, maybe a stripe on the pants could be done in the next year or 2.

2 hours ago, H11K said:

I absolutley love this. Modern twist on a plain uniform. The helmet is beautiful. My brother (who could care less about uniforms) made a good paint about Teal staying an alternate, saying it keeps the Teal jersey "special."

Teal staying an alternate does not make it special. My mom told me I was special all the time, and unless she was making fun of me instead of being nice, we all know that I’m not special. Limiting your best jersey to an alternate isn’t “special” it’s “stupid”

I've always wondered if I could disagree with the majority of this board and like something the majority does not agree with. 

It finally happened. I really like these Jaguars uniforms. Helmet is beautiful again. The newer logo will pop in the sun on the gloss black helmet. The uniforms are clean and will finally last the test of time. Yes, I wish a little gold was added, but it's still solid. The teal over black look makes them look like the Jaguars I remember growing up again. 

They'll compete for a championship in 2018 in these and will only add to the brand they're trying to build on the field and off, in Jacksonville. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Gupti said:

No bias: This helmet right here in that finish right there is easily in the top tier of NFL helmets. Matte could never do this beauty justice. I'm so stoked to finally see this come to fruition after five long, dark years.

EDIT: Not gonna lie, I'm kinda stunned that there's more gold in that warning sticker than there is in the entire uniform if you throw the logos aside.

I've always been unsure on whether or not I like the updated logo more but when applied to a glossy black helmet, it looks beautiful.

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

This board baffles me. 

This set is only a few strands of unnecessary piping away from being previous Jaguars uniforms that, unless I'm recalling it differently, were universally loathed.  

3467197010_e0e1c90554_o.png

True but this template didnt convert well to the Nike cuts which i think was the major beef with the above set.

Would have liked to have seen the accents in gold with a black collar. It would have been reminiscent of their first uniforms with the black cuff and gold stripe. Also instead of having the neck stripes end abruptly and been pointed off would have better matched the cuff stripes. I have no problems with the helmets, they are fine the way they are now. As for pants they could have done something to match the striping pattern. I think the single color numbers is fine, it kind of reminds me of way back when most team had white numbers on colorful templates. Also going back to a lighter shade of gold to me fits better. 

Here is a quick mock up of what I would have done with this set. 

new_zpsl4rtvnv8.png 

new%202_zpsaeom7sot.png

New%203_zpsmeo9a7ts.png

It's an upgrade over the previous set, but it is pretty lacking in design.  Pants should always have some sort of striping on it.  The numbers need an outline.  They hit a home run the first time out and never should have changed.  Bring that back with the updated logo.

fred_taylor_blog1024.jpg

Archived