Recommended Posts

As a Jazz fan who's not a huge fan of the current design (minus the City Edition jersey), I figured I would try my hand at redesigning the team. Changing the colors to dark purple, teal, and copper, the team resurrects a snowflake logo. The Association uniform is off-white, the Icon uniform purple, the Statement uniform teal, and the new City Edition uniform a gradient going from pewter blue to dark blue.

yezrdJN.pngzzetr6D.png9tsI5VS.pngvySEsBF.png

C&C welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a huge fan of giving the Jazz a fresh look, but the colors you used kind of remind me of the New Orleans Hornets in the CP3 era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this. The font is very Western and to me, tour dark purple looks more like navy blue, which I think works better anyway. I do think I would use the note logo on the shorts instead of the snowflake and I think the front number needs to match the back. If you do that, you can make the wordmark the opposite color if that makes sense? You have a good start, but I think there are some tweaks that need to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided that I would make this a bit of a series (not sure how long, though). Next team up is the 76ers.  I didn't want to change their jerseys too much, as I think they really nailed their last designs, so what I mostly did was brighten the red and darken the blue so they now match the colors of the US flag. The stars remain on the sides of the Icon, Association, and Statement uniforms, but the striping is now narrower. The striping on the sleeves and neck have also been simplified. I reversed the colors of the name and number from front to back just to add a little bit of personality and flair. For the City Edition, I drew inspiration from the '65-'66 uniforms with the front number above "Phila", and the number is surrounded by 13 stars.

7vs49kl.pngz0Jf91p.pngoyZ00vi.pngQr7E5fw.png

As always, C&C welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

I decided that I would make this a bit of a series (not sure how long, though). Next team up is the 76ers.  I didn't want to change their jerseys too much, as I think they really nailed their last designs, so what I mostly did was brighten the red and darken the blue so they now match the colors of the US flag. The stars remain on the sides of the Icon, Association, and Statement uniforms, but the striping is now narrower. The striping on the sleeves and neck have also been simplified. I reversed the colors of the name and number from front to back just to add a little bit of personality and flair. For the City Edition, I drew inspiration from the '65-'66 uniforms with the front number above "Phila", and the number is surrounded by 13 stars.

RxGZqja.pngoGWzvXn.pngcJFoZwr.pngQqRnKZ9.png\

As always, C&C welcome.

City edition should be cream. I'd also try to incorporate the Phila script wordmark somewher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, Jake3.roo said:

City edition should be cream. I'd also try to incorporate the Phila script wordmark somewher.

I've gone ahead and made the City Edition parchment-colored (Milwaukee has cream already) while putting the "Phila" script on the Statement jersey. I didn't want to put it on the City Edition because the stars would be imbalanced.


EDIT: Images replaced above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to work on playoff teams first, so with the Blazers eliminated, I figured I'd get them finished first. The team's Icon jerseys are gray, the striping is inspired by the last red alternate Adidas gave them, and the City Edition uniform features the "Rip City" nickname in red and black plaid with plaid numbers and the pinwheel blades stretched out on the sides as piping.

6tkbmDU.pngs0a86AJ.pngO9uF9dg.pngOeZGgmR.png

As always, C&C welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some thoughts

Utah: I really like the color change and the city jersey. Other than that, it all seems kind of lateral from what they have already.

Philly: I love the updated city jersey. However, I would like to see a return to the thicker side striping, along with the current (or somewhat varied) arm striping.

Portland: I really like that you ditched white. For some reason Portland seems like the team to do that with. My one critique would be to maybe lower the striping so that you can enlarge the team name on the front of each. Also the numbers on back seem very thin but that might just be their font

General: The NOBs seem very small

Overall these are all very well done and make great use of the template

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

Some thoughts

Utah: I really like the color change and the city jersey. Other than that, it all seems kind of lateral from what they have already.

Philly: I love the updated city jersey. However, I would like to see a return to the thicker side striping, along with the current (or somewhat varied) arm striping.

Portland: I really like that you ditched white. For some reason Portland seems like the team to do that with. My one critique would be to maybe lower the striping so that you can enlarge the team name on the front of each. Also the numbers on back seem very thin but that might just be their font

General: The NOBs seem very small

Overall these are all very well done and make great use of the template

Thanks for the feedback. I've gone ahead and thickened the side striping for the Sixers, as well as modified the piping around the arm. For Portland, the diagonal striping was lowered and the name on the chestmark enlarged on each (you were correct about the thinness of the numbers being their font, and I decided not to mess with that). I also made the NOB larger on every jersey, I hadn't noticed how tiny they looked until you mentioned it!

Also, I noticed an oversight I had made on each jersey; the NBA logo underneath the collar. So I've gone back and replaced every final version (thus far) with the correct version fixing this mistake.

 

Now for a rush of designs.  I have not one, two, or three teams ready, but FOUR all at once. Bear with me.

First up are the Bucks. I kept the main concept of the uniforms intact with only slight changes. These include taking the bottom of the side striping of the shirt and matching the base color. I then took the stripe on the shirt and flipped it upside down onto the shorts for a balanced feel. The names on the back are now below the number simply because "Antetokounmpo" is a NIGHTMARE to fit between the shoulder blades. Then on the Statement uniform, I decided to replace the deer head on the chest with "MKE", as I felt it made the front number too small. The main change is to the City Edition jersey, which features "Cream City" around the front number on a cream base with the team's many shades of green from the late '80s.

JoGCqKd.pngBwW9SCS.pngCfdaWFq.pngoRjcrUv.png

 

The next team I've got ready are Canada's own Toronto Raptors. The team returns purple to the rotation and uses the chevrons on the sides to cap a contrasting side panel. The City Edition uniform is more of a Country Edition, as it goes with the player numbers enclosed in dark red maple leaves on a red base.

0YY5dLO.png3fV2Qg2.pnglSdnPWC.pngakDWNgG.png

 

After the Raptors come the San Antonio Spurs in all their black-and-silver glory. Contrary to every other Spurs concept I come across, the old fiesta colors are nowhere to be seen with this concept. The only real change to the primary uniforms comes in simplified piping and the side striping being capped by the shape of the top of the Alamo. The City Edition now limits the digital camo to the side striping and neck/arm piping, while featuring "Alamo City" around the front number.

HLwoN3D.pngrgpUkRj.pngQdGV2UD.png6ry2zM1.png

 

The last team I have ready for now are the Houston Rockets. This is where the biggest changes take place. The team removes silver from their colors and reinstates gold. The hoop piping is now a thing of the past, as the side striping is now the trail of a rocket blasting off. The City Edition of the Rockets is where I really came unhinged, giving the shirt a gradient from black to red. Within that gradient are stars and the Houston skyline around the upper torso of the body. The rocket trail is then placed starting on the player's right thigh and works its way up to the chest, where the rocket "R" logo is blasting off to begin the "Rockets" wordmark.

vQwrtFM.pngZFECUqj.pngwWWIvuL.pngFtxy0Em.png

C&C welcome, especially if you're looking to help restore sanity over the Rockets' City Edition uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the rockets shorts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great edits on the previous four. That new Blazers set is near-perfect. Some thoughts on the next 4:

Milwaukee: Very clean update. I was skeptical about the city edition in reading your description but the execution was great. I like the way you cleaned up the shorts side panels but fear the dear (lol) gets lost on the statement and icon.

Raptors: Great shades of each color that you use. They really work well together. I love the statement look. On the icon I think a white wordmark would pop better than black. That city jersey is definitely like nothing else I've seen on here. Very creative

Spurs: Great idea with the Alamo as the topper on the side panels. One of the things I've loved about this season's Spurs icon jersey is the simple white wordmark. I think the grey makes it get lost.

Rockets: Again very creative side panels and I think they work. Love the reintroduction of yellow instead of grey. I don't know how I feel about that city jersey. I guess I'd have to see it in action but I don't see why it couldn't work

 

Also, and this is very nitpicky, but you've got the icon and association tags mixed up from what the league does. It's your concept so if you want it that way that's cool too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of nitpicks I’m not a fan gradient on the name on the back of the bucks city. The spurs city as well seems really awkward from font to striping, camo isn’t working for me, id think if you also alluded to the really sweet San Antonio jerseys, and try yellow collars on Houston’s Association.

 

Otherwise I love the creativity here, fantastic job on raps and Houston especially 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Couple of nitpicks I’m not a fan gradient on the name on the back of the bucks city. The spurs city as well seems really awkward from font to striping, camo isn’t working for me, id think if you also alluded to the really sweet San Antonio jerseys, and try yellow collars on Houston’s Association.

 

Otherwise I love the creativity here, fantastic job on raps and Houston especially 

I've gone ahead and made the NOB on the Bucks' City Edition solid rather than gradient and gave the Rockets yellow collars, along with some other minor changes to that uniform. As for the Spurs' City Edition, I decided to keep the camo, as that's what makes it "City". However, I did go with the old George Gervin-era black-on-black "San Antonio" with black-on-black numbers.

kwMfAwR.pngGjfsbNr.pngYarC3bj.png

 

8 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

Great edits on the previous four. That new Blazers set is near-perfect. Some thoughts on the next 4:

Milwaukee: Very clean update. I was skeptical about the city edition in reading your description but the execution was great. I like the way you cleaned up the shorts side panels but fear the dear (lol) gets lost on the statement and icon.

Raptors: Great shades of each color that you use. They really work well together. I love the statement look. On the icon I think a white wordmark would pop better than black. That city jersey is definitely like nothing else I've seen on here. Very creative

Spurs: Great idea with the Alamo as the topper on the side panels. One of the things I've loved about this season's Spurs icon jersey is the simple white wordmark. I think the grey makes it get lost.

Rockets: Again very creative side panels and I think they work. Love the reintroduction of yellow instead of grey. I don't know how I feel about that city jersey. I guess I'd have to see it in action but I don't see why it couldn't work

 

Also, and this is very nitpicky, but you've got the icon and association tags mixed up from what the league does. It's your concept so if you want it that way that's cool too.

The reason I have the Icon and Association tags the way they are is because of how Nike worded it when they originally announced those ridiculous names. I felt like the colored jerseys present more of an homage to the league and its rich, colorful history. Meanwhile what's typically the white uniform pays better tribute to the individual franchise, as that's what fans have seen at their home court throughout the league's past.

As for the uniforms, I think the deer head should be much easier to see now, as I've added a thicker cream outline and changed the head to black on the green Association jersey. The Raptors' Association now features a white wordmark and NOB with a black outline. The Spurs now have a white wordmark instead of gray. As for the Rockets’ City Edition, I was inspired by THIS concept and thought that with a few tweaks here and there I could make my own version.

1ssVoQy.png8zsS0Ap.pngHhxgcDq.pngjO2X6ca.png

Any other thoughts or comments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Toronto side panels look awfully similar to my original concept. i understand the arrows are used on their actual set, but they way you used them is almost entirely the same as they way i did. 

 

regarding the concepts, i think the trim on the collars needs to be more uniform. I think the shoulder/arm trim should be just a little bigger because it seems overpowered by the collar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BigBryArab said:

Those Toronto side panels look awfully similar to my original concept. i understand the arrows are used on their actual set, but they way you used them is almost entirely the same as they way i did. 

 

regarding the concepts, i think the trim on the collars needs to be more uniform. I think the shoulder/arm trim should be just a little bigger because it seems overpowered by the collar

I had not seen your concepts but you're right, they are extremely similar. I apologize, but I really just thought it using the chevrons to cap the side panels at top and bottom would be more creative than just stopping at the bottom like the team actually does.

 

As for the collar, I do agree it's very disproportional. I have it so much thicker because that's how it originally looked on the template and it kind of reminded me of how Nike made every NFL teams' collars balloon while completely ignoring the sleeves. For me, it was a sort of "this is what Nike WOULD do" joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last name on the Bucks statement uniform is kinda hard to see, maybe make it gold with a green outline? Everything else has been really cool so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the contrail boom on the rockets uni. I can't unsee the word MIKE on the bucks alt though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I like the contrail boom on the rockets uni. I can't unsee the word MIKE on the bucks alt though

 

I keep reading it as "Mickey"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now