NFL to NBA (#25 Chiefs updated on 1/8)

slikye1

On 4/27/2018 at 1:15 PM, slikye1 said:

Got busy these days and decided to finish Raiders first... Tried to make it clean, just want to see what will happen if they ditch the block font lol

05-Raiders-Home_zpsp3ex6huc.jpg

05-Raiders-Away_zpsyrvdbv6e.jpg

id definitely line up to buy these

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another version of the Vikings! Got some feedback on the previous Vikings concept and I appreciate it! But I just did't satisfied after trying some changes such as ditching the pinstripes... So had a try based on the current set.

08-Vikings-Home-V2_zpsegno6tpv.jpg

08-Vikings-Away-V2_zps6aqkvacb.jpg

The front stripes are inspired by the original Vikings design in 1961, tried to used the V-shaped stripe as the V in their wordmark, also tried to make it match the current font better.

Not too much work on the shorts, just adjusted the width of their current stripes. Looking for C&Cs!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 12th team --- Lions!! I kept their current clean look. For the home jersey, use the two-tone stripe from their logo, and it's also inspired by the Detroit Pistons home jersey.

12-Lions-Away_zpszmglqdqu.jpg

12-Lions-Home_zpsjsi6y4s7.jpg

12-Lions-Alt_zpsszzmq0iw.jpg

Thanks for reading!!

I can't pick a favorite anymore. I love the gradient on the Ravens one, don't ever take it away!!! And the Raiders with the bold grey outline, it just works perfectly. I'd like to see the actual lion primary logo on the Detroit ones, maybe....I don't know, they look so good without it, but I feel like it's such a nice logo that maybe it could work? They grey set is incredible. I'm all over the place here because these are so cool, keep it up!

On 7/10/2018 at 9:08 AM, builtbymachines said:

I can't pick a favorite anymore. I love the gradient on the Ravens one, don't ever take it away!!! And the Raiders with the bold grey outline, it just works perfectly. I'd like to see the actual lion primary logo on the Detroit ones, maybe....I don't know, they look so good without it, but I feel like it's such a nice logo that maybe it could work? They grey set is incredible. I'm all over the place here because these are so cool, keep it up!

Thank you for C&C!! I will keep working!!

On 7/10/2018 at 11:50 AM, San Diego said:

Looking forward to seeing the Chargers. Could see a Warriors inspiration from the late 90's-2000s.

Yes that's what I have considered about the Chargers ?

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a throwback version of the colts! Since the Colts set is based on their unused logo I wanted to have a version which is base on their current horseshoe logo.

According to the C&C, tried to have the number inside the horseshoe logo and I thought it's good. Also added some dots(because of their logo) on the collar, cuff and also on the stripes on the shorts.

03-Colts-Home-TV2_zpsczis2o9x.jpg

03-Colts-Away-TV2_zpsv0bgxkak.jpg

Thanks for reading!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the Jets!! It may be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer the 1978-1997 logo than their current one, also love their kelly green helmet, so I finished a concept based on this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Have removed the jets sketch from the wordmark logo, just flipped it and put it beside the number, hoped it created some feeling of speedy. Used some gradient to make it more retro too. Also put the same design on the shorts.

And the 14th team is the Falcons! To be honest I think it's a bit difficult to translate the Falcons set to basketball uniforms... IMO the current set is outdated (not as bad as Cardinals though lol), though I do love their red helmet sets (which is in a good color balance IMO), but you know I don't want to use many block fonts in this series. And I also wondered how to put their primary logo on the uniform, it just not work IMO?

So according to their previous wordmark and logos, 

293.gif303.gif

I finished this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm not a fan of their current wordmark logo (and also the blocky font), so I choose something more serif , like their previous wordmark. Compared with some work like Jags or Seahawks I have finished, I would say I tried to finish this base on the color balance rather than the logos. Looking for C&Cs! And I may finish something base on the Atlanta Hawks set... Will consider about how to do it. Thanks for watching!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, slikye1 said:

And the 14th team is the Falcons! To be honest I think it's a bit difficult to translate the Falcons set to basketball uniforms... IMO the current set is outdated (not as bad as Cardinals though lol), though I do love their red helmet sets (which is in a good color balance IMO), but you know I don't want to use many block fonts in this series. And I also wondered how to put their primary logo on the uniform, it just not work IMO?

So according to their previous wordmark and logos, 

You seem to have a very wild imagination lol

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Archived