NFL to NBA (#25 Chiefs updated on 1/8)

slikye1

Hi! Not new here but it has been long since I finished my last concept... And now back with a NFL to NBA concept.

First I want to thank  @R3G for his amazing nike NBA template! Very user-friendly.

The 1990s NBA jerseys seem to be controversial because of it's colors and details, and I would like to see how the NFL teams can fit into it. 

Since the Eagles unveiled their current set in 1990s so I decided to start with it.

eagles_zps3p4fkddm.jpg

Inspired by the 1992-95 Hawks set and 1997-2011 Wizards set, which both have single-sided stripe and similar curved jersey logos.

May back with the white/alt or I will start another new team. C&C is always appreciated!! Thanks for reading!!

Edit:

Lists:

NFC East: #1 Eagles / #4 Giants / #21 Cowboys

NFC West: #11 Seahawks / #17 Rams

NFC South: #14 Falcons / #20 Panthers

NFC North: #8 Vikings(v2) / #12 Lions / #19 Bears

AFC East: #7 Patriots / #10 Dolphins / #13 Jets 

AFC West(finished): #5 Raiders / #16 Chargers / #24 Broncos / #25 Chiefs

AFC South(finished): #3 Colts(v2) / #6 Jaguars / #22 Texans / #23 Titans

AFC North(finished): #2 Ravens / #9 Steelers / #15 Browns #18 Bengals

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have just finished the full set. The alt is inspired by the Chris Webber era Kings set (because of similar wordmark, lol), so changed the design a little bit. C&C appreciated!

01-Eagles-Home_zpsy0edoddq.jpg

eagles_zpsc2sqrwti.jpg

01-Eagles-Alt_zpsiz5pwmy3.jpg

Edit: Add a 1970s throwback. To be honest I don't know much about the uniform history of Eagles... Since I have seen many kelly green and silver/grey concept on the board, decided to finish one. Nothing too fancy just want to keep a clean look for them.01-Eagles-Throwback_zpsyeajvru9.jpg

And here's my favourite team. Inspired by the 1995-99 Hawks and the current Bucks statement jersey.

I don't know whether you love the hawks set or not, but I know several jersey collectors who love this set very much... In my opinion this set is one of the most iconic one in 1990s NBA, along with the Raptors and Vancouver Grizzlies. 

Since Ravens' font/wordmark is similar to the hawks one, I think this will fit into the hawks set. However the logo's shape is more similar to the current bucks' one, so I try this concept, with no team's name on it. Looking forword to C&C!! Thanks for reading!!

02-Ravens-Home_zpsgheghs6y.jpg

02-Ravens-Away_zps9lhylwgp.jpg

Edited on 4/24: Add a non-gradient away jersey

02-Ravens-Away-Purple_zpsydn4xrxf.jpg

16 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I like em, just not the gradient

Thanks!! Just want to keep some iconic part of the Hawks jersey so decided to use the gradient.

15 hours ago, kerlonmoura said:

Wow, both of these are incredible!

Thank you!!

And here's the Indianapolis Colts! 

I think the Colts have a clean and classic look, but imo that means it is not that interesting as a concept because you may not change that classic set much, you may just try to keep its original look.

Since I want to try this series more freely (no specific orders and may not finish all the 32 teams), I think I won't finish the Colts one because it's not that interesting... until I came across an unused logo (glad that it is unused, lol)on CCSLC. So I finished them:

04-Colts-Home_zpssh4pcdp1.jpg

04-Colts-Away_zpss34fa7qq.jpg

Inspiration: 1989-98 Orlando Magic

As you see, use the pinstripe and similar cuff. That logo may be hilarious, but I think it's worth a try. C&C appreciated!

Edit on 4/26: added 2 different versions.

03-Colts-home-V3_zpsk0tf0adc.jpg

03-Colts-Away-V2_zps2zkndftt.jpg

03-Colts-home-V2_zpsmjqelcmq.jpg

03-Colts-Away-V3_zpsv7yzxaym.jpg

7 hours ago, slikye1 said:

And here's the Indianapolis Colts! 

I think the Colts have a clean and classic look, but imo that means it is not that interesting as a concept because you may not change that classic set much, you may just try to keep its original look.

Since I want to try this series more freely (no specific orders and may not finish all the 32 teams), I think I won't finish the Colts one because it's not that interesting... until I came across an unused logo (glad that it is unused, lol)on CCSLC. So I finished them:

04-Colts-Home_zpssh4pcdp1.jpg

04-Colts-Away_zpss34fa7qq.jpg

Inspiration: 1989-98 Orlando Magic

As you see, use the pinstripe and similar cuff. That logo may be hilarious, but I think it's worth a try. C&C appreciated!

No, please lose the logo lol. Or at least use the one without the wordmark. If I didn't already know, I would have no idea what it spells. "co  ts"?   "co(Square shape) ts"

The 'unused Colts logo' fails miserably in all aspects with that wordmark especially, but at least you tried to use it......

I really like the Eagles, Ravens (including the gradient) and everything else about the Colts one. Keep them coming!

15 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That Colts logo definitely fits a basketball team better than it would a football team. Probably the only good use of that logo ever

Yes, glad that it did't turn to something like this! Thanks for the C&C!

09000d5d804ed38f_gallery_600.jpg

12 hours ago, builtbymachines said:

No, please lose the logo lol. Or at least use the one without the wordmark. If I didn't already know, I would have no idea what it spells. "co  ts"?   "co(Square shape) ts"

The 'unused Colts logo' fails miserably in all aspects with that wordmark especially, but at least you tried to use it......

I really like the Eagles, Ravens (including the gradient) and everything else about the Colts one. Keep them coming!

Thank you! It's really hard to read, forgot this thing lol. Created another 2 versions of it, tried to make it cleaner. wondering if it works:huh:Since it's a long logo I found it hard to find out where to put it on:wacko:

Here's the 4th team the New York Giants!

04-Giants-Home_zpsvnnei76f.jpg

04-Giants-Alt1_zpswfzvt8ep.jpg

04-Giants-Away_zpsl9flsyiy.jpg

Inspiration: 1933 New York Giants

NewYorkGiants1933.jpg

Instead of trying a throwback, I want to make it as a uniform which have characteristics of different era. (1933 and 1970-1990s)

So ditched the traditional block font (try to not use block font because 12 of 32 teams is using it), hope the new font fits the wordmark logo. Thx for reading!!

Edit on 4/26: add a version without the underline of the wordmark

04-white_zpsm5irj7ur.jpg

04-blue-v2_zpsrcfozqkf.jpg

04-red-v2_zps59jupur1.jpg

14 hours ago, slikye1 said:

Yes, glad that it did't turn to something like this! Thanks for the C&C!

09000d5d804ed38f_gallery_600.jpg

Thank you! It's really hard to read, forgot this thing lol. Created another 2 versions of it, tried to make it cleaner. wondering if it works:huh:Since it's a long logo I found it hard to find out where to put it on:wacko:

Yes this is much better! I actually like the logo this way, it's definitely better suited for basketball  I love all of these.

6 hours ago, slikye1 said:

Here's the 4th team the New York Giants!

04-Giants-Home_zpsvnnei76f.jpg

04-Giants-Alt1_zpswfzvt8ep.jpg

04-Giants-Away_zpsl9flsyiy.jpg

Inspiration: 1933 New York Giants

NewYorkGiants1933.jpg

Instead of trying a throwback, I want to make it as a uniform which have characteristics of different era. (1933 and 1970-1990s)

So ditched the traditional block font (try to not use block font because 12 of 32 teams is using it), hope the new font fits the wordmark logo. Thx for reading!!

I'd like to see these without the underline of "GIANTS"

And here's the Jaguars!! In 1995 the Jags unveiled their first uniform, which is the best throughout their franchise history imo.

06-Jaguars-Home_zps3yaqd2rz.jpg

06-Jaguars-Away_zps1hpt11gv.jpg

So continued my 90s experiment... Flipped the jags logo, try to make it speedy and aggressive. Looking forward to C&C !!!

Archived