NFL to NBA (#25 Chiefs updated on 1/8)

slikye1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/20/2018 at 6:30 AM, slikye1 said:

Hi! Not new here but it has been long since I finished my last concept... And now back with a NFL to NBA concept.

First I want to thank  @R3G for his amazing nike NBA template! Very user-friendly.

The 1990s NBA jerseys seem to be controversial because of it's colors and details, and I would like to see how the NFL teams can fit into it. 

Since the Eagles unveiled their current set in 1990s so I decided to start with it.

eagles_zps3p4fkddm.jpg

Inspired by the 1992-95 Hawks set and 1997-2011 Wizards set, which both have single-sided stripe and similar curved jersey logos.

May back with the white/alt or I will start another new team. C&C is always appreciated!! Thanks for reading!!

Dude, I can't believe I'm just seeing this now. super cool!

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

Thanks for all the kind words and C&Cs! Here's the Browns!

I used to think that the Browns current set is not that bad, but when compared with the beauties they have worn...

usp_nfl__preseason-washington_redskins_a

joe_haden_2013_11_17.jpg

Ugh, the current set is bad. Just wonder why they use that much orange lol.

So I finished the Browns in a traditional way, just use the traditional stripe. However I ditched the tranditional block font, tried to make it a bit more modern.

sJAir0q.jpg

eU1PJca.jpg

For the alternate, the logoless orange helmet is iconic for the Browns, so inspired by something like the Wizards/Floridians throwback, I finished this:

B3SOh5W.jpg

At last here's the throwback, sorry the logo is still holding a football lol.

KIDewRl.jpg

Thanks for reading!!

Can’t believe that I have finished half of the NFL teams!! Thank you for all the love for this concept. Here’s the Chargers!

sdut-the-52-lt-sets-nfl-touchdown-record

Jacob+Hester+San+Diego+Chargers+v+Kansas

Idk if it’s an unpopular opinion but my favorite Chargers uniform is the 1988-2006 one and the part I love most is the navy helmet. Really solid and I think it may be something forgotten classic.I also like the AFC era powder blue/yellow uniform so I finished a standard set and a throwback set, both w/o an alt. Though I like the double blue color scheme (like the Royals alt) but I don’t like it’s presentation on the Chargers current set, so I decided to finish something based on the navy/gold and powder blue/yellow color scheme, and try to make them more 90s or retro.

For the standard set, it’s inspired by the 90s Warriors because they have the same lightning identity. Made the lightning asymmetrical and add a gradient on the lighting and number to make it more 90s.

TTUSDtg.jpg

USzoQVO.jpg

And for the AFC throwback, I thought the enlarged Chargers bolt logo will look good on the front, also put a throwback wordmark inside. Rather than creating some traditional pant stripe I put two lightnings on the side of the shorts, just like what Chargers actually does.

bNxKxt8.jpg

BhvjxdS.jpg

Thx for reading and looking forward to C&Cs!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I’m going to have an important exam in December so may be a little busy in these 3 months, but I will manage to update my concept. And… Here’s the Rams!

Everyone loves the classic 1973-99 royal and gold uniform, it’s also my favorite look for the Rams so the concept is based on it. However I think transferring this classic to basketball uniform is not that easy, because you know, the most iconic part of the set are the horns which are placed on the helmet and the sleeves. And well, I can’t really find a proper place to put them on at first… but here’s my solution.

jZGdgC5.jpg

43MgmTi.jpg

zSYqsaf.jpg

Hm55chB.jpg

Here I put the horn beside the cuff, thinking it’s the most proper place on the jersey to put the horn on. Also put the horn on the shorts.

For the color scheme, in my imagination (regardless of the team history lol), gold is their home jersey color, royal/navy is the road, and the white one is the alt, just like the Lakers which is from the same city. For the home & alt I chose navy as the second color because I think navy fits gold and white better. But since I’m not sure which is better (navy or royal) for the road uniform, I put both version here.

And for the white alt, I do love the original yellow sleeve away set, but for the time being I haven’t found how to keep this perfect color balance on a basketball uniform, so here I finished a 60s white/navy one, simple but works IMO.

Eric_Dickerson.jpg

09000d5d82bbca45_gallery_600.jpg

Thanks for reading!!

On 8/11/2018 at 12:14 PM, slikye1 said:

And the 14th team is the Falcons! To be honest I think it's a bit difficult to translate the Falcons set to basketball uniforms... IMO the current set is outdated (not as bad as Cardinals though lol), though I do love their red helmet sets (which is in a good color balance IMO), but you know I don't want to use many block fonts in this series. And I also wondered how to put their primary logo on the uniform, it just not work IMO?

So according to their previous wordmark and logos, 

293.gif303.gif

I finished this:

14-Falcons-Home_zpssurxgmfz.jpg

14-Falcons-Away_zpsxcsiwhqz.jpg

I'm not a fan of their current wordmark logo (and also the blocky font), so I choose something more serif , like their previous wordmark. Compared with some work like Jags or Seahawks I have finished, I would say I tried to finish this base on the color balance rather than the logos. Looking for C&Cs! And I may finish something base on the Atlanta Hawks set... Will consider about how to do it. Thanks for watching!

I’d try the piping/striping on the current Jersey, I think it would match well with the word mark!

The LA script looks good! This series has been fantastic 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Pengin. said:

So much creativity in all of these concepts. Fantastic work. I really like the second colts update. Seahawks unis look amazing. 

Thank you!!

On Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 10:59 AM, BellaSpurs said:

I’d try the piping/striping on the current Jersey, I think it would match well with the word mark!

The LA script looks good! This series has been fantastic 

Yes, since I'm always trying to keep some identities of the teams, looking back the Falcons one is not that good IMO because I think I have created too much, and just kept little... I think I will try a new one base on their current identity, thanks for the support!!

You did a great job with the Rams; the sleeve horns work really well here. As for the shorts, I might put them around the legs, or just use a recolored ram head logo. I think the navy works a bit better than the royal, but both look amazing. Good call on that cursive LA script on the white!

Atlanta's great, no changes necessary! I also like that Browns fauxback striping and script!

Really good series here!

On 9/25/2018 at 12:04 PM, vtgco said:

You did a great job with the Rams; the sleeve horns work really well here. As for the shorts, I might put them around the legs, or just use a recolored ram head logo. I think the navy works a bit better than the royal, but both look amazing. Good call on that cursive LA script on the white!

Atlanta's great, no changes necessary! I also like that Browns fauxback striping and script!

Really good series here!

Thank you for the feedback!!

And here's the Bengals! Sorry that I don't know much about Bengals' uniform history, but my favorite set is this, it is in use since 1981 I think? The stripes pop up quite well imo.

357329.0.jpg

So for the standard home & away uniform, I use a Bengals' pattern stripe beside. Gradient on the short, to match what a bengal tiger looks in real life.  Not a fan of their current font, so chose a modern block font instead.

QSzotcc.jpg

2PAJxBN.jpg

For the orange alternate, I felt that I could add the gradient pattern on the jersey. Also felt it's good to put the Bengals' logo on it.

n84ELua.jpg

Thanks for reading, C&C is welcomed!!

And here's the Bears! Not too crazy with one of the most classic uniforms in the NFL here, just keeping it clean.

For the home and away, chose a curve block wordmark to make it more classic, also kept the iconic number font. Move the shoulder stripes on the bottom of the shorts.

QtjyZ3r.jpg

pbQBW67.jpg

Also created a navy & orange throwback, used an old Chicago script here.

AnfiLu5.jpg

Thanks for reading!!

The last three have been amazing, I love the classic feel of the bears and the way you incorporated the bengal stripes and ram horns, they’re biggest parts of their uniforms and translated em so well. The font work has been very admirable and fantastic as well! The only complaint is that some uniforms look very similar, ie jags and bengals alt, bears alt and browns alt, but for what they are they work very very well and I wouldn’t change change a thing

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

The last three have been amazing, I love the classic feel of the bears and the way you incorporated the bengal stripes and ram horns, they’re biggest parts of their uniforms and translated em so well. The font work has been very admirable and fantastic as well! The only complaint is that some uniforms look very similar, ie jags and bengals alt, bears alt and browns alt, but for what they are they work very very well and I wouldn’t change change a thing

Thank you for your kind words! I think there's more teams in the NFL which keep classic looks than in the NBA so there's some similarity here, but I will manage to keep each team's identity when I meet the classic look team such as Packers/Redskins/Chiefs later. ;)

On 10/3/2018 at 9:43 PM, slikye1 said:

And here's the Bears! Not too crazy with one of the most classic uniforms in the NFL here, just keeping it clean.

For the home and away, chose a curve block wordmark to make it more classic, also kept the iconic number font. Move the shoulder stripes on the bottom of the shorts.

QtjyZ3r.jpg

pbQBW67.jpg

Also created a navy & orange throwback, used an old Chicago script here.

AnfiLu5.jpg

Thanks for reading!!

Duuuuuuude...that's fantastic!

Here's the Panthers!! I'm a big fan of their uniform, especially love the color scheme very much.

Many Panthers concept on the board simplified their look and tried to make it modern, but here I decided not to do this because I'm really like their current look lol.

Qvg1jla.jpg

cSdX5mL.jpg

Vqx6RPU.jpg

For the color, although I kinda like the silver in the current set, but feeling it's not that important in a basketball uniform I removed it. Carolina blue/white/black is enough IMO.

Keep the current stripes, use a modern block number font. Use an original wordmark from 1995 in the home and road uniform, and for the alt, I chose a font which have a wild look, to match their wordmark from 1995-2011. 

Thanks for reading!! C&C welcomed!!

On 10/14/2018 at 10:51 AM, BellaSpurs said:

Only thing with Panthers is blue should be on the collar instead of white, otherwise I love the font choices and the identity as a whole, very unique!

Thank you! The collar color is based on their stripes, Home's color fixed now.

Archived