Re: Photobucket

We've had a few complaints recently about the continued use of Photobucket on the forums. Many members are still attempting to link images directly from Photobucket; however, a few months ago, Photobucket made third-party hosting a feature available only to premium, paid accounts. This has resulted in images from free accounts, which seem to be the majority here on the forums, being replaced by placeholder images that are often much larger than the original intended file encouraging the user to upgrade his/her Photobucket account.

Ā 

What we as a moderating team would ask every member to do is review the content he/she has posted to the boards -- especially (but not limited to) signatures -- and, if it is affected by this issue, move it to another image-hosting site. Imgur is the one I would personally recommend, but I'm certain there are others out there. And if you could refrain from using Photobucket as your hosting site in the future, it would save a lot of headaches for everyone involved.

Ā 

Any questions, please feel free to ask them here.

35 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Ā a few months ago, Photobucket made third-party hosting a feature available only to premium, paid accounts.

Ā 

OuO0I2n.gif

Ā 

119590045.jpg

Ā 

Once again I'll spam https://imgur.com.

Ā 

There's no reason to use anything else.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why did they evenĀ get rid of the free accounts?Ā  And why are they so pricey (really, $400 a month to link an image to forums?Ā  are they idiots?)

I would reccomend using TinyPic.Ā  It's completely free, and you don't even need an account.

GOOD GRIEF I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN A LONG TIME

1 minute ago, Luingus221 said:

Why did they evenĀ get rid of the free accounts?Ā  And why are they so pricey (really, $400 a month to link an image to forums?Ā  are they idiots?)

I would reccomend using TinyPic.Ā  It's completely free, and you don't even need an account.

Ā 

It's $400 for the whole year, not monthly, but still...yeah, it's unnecessarily expensive.Ā 

7 minutes ago, DDR said:

Ā 

It's $400 for the whole year

Ā 

Oh my god.Ā  That is legitimately hilarious.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Since this just happened to me, if you hide all signatures you might want to make sure you didnt have a photobucket tagged image in your own signature.

Ā 

I didnt realize I had this massive Photobucket screenshot.Ā  What a bunch of trolls with that huge image saying "hey guess what, pay us if you want to see us" and our image is so much bigger that your original one.

15 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

There are some useful browser extensions to get around Photobucketā€™s lunacy, but they arenā€™t exactly mobile-friendly.

Ā 

Would you happen to have any recommendations? There's a ton of otherwise-lost concepts on here I'd love to look at again.

53Ocz8U.png

9 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Ā 

Would you happen to have any recommendations? There's a ton of otherwise-lost concepts on here I'd love to look at again.

Ā 

Sure!

Here's aĀ Chrome versionĀ and aĀ Firefox equivalent. If I were you, I'd download the images you want and either store them on your computer or post them on imgur.Ā 

Upon a recommendation from my friend, CS85,Ā I made the switch to Imgur* a while ago and I've never looked back. Imgur is easy and it works. What more does one need?Ā 

Ā 

*Despite all appearances to the contrary, this was not a paid endorsement of Imgur or any of its subsidiaries. Celebrity voices were done by impersonators.Ā 

Ā 

BB52Big.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On 4/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, CS85 said:

Ā 

Once again I'll spam https://imgur.com.

Ā 

There's no reason to use anything else.

Ā 

On 4/20/2018 at 2:38 PM, DDR said:

+1 for the Imgur crowd. I've used a few others, but after switching to Imgur a couple years ago I've never looked back.Ā 

Ā 

On 4/21/2018 at 4:17 PM, infrared41 said:

Upon a recommendation from my friend, CS85,Ā I made the switch to Imgur* a while ago and I've never looked back. Imgur is easy and it works. What more does one need?Ā 

Ā 

*Despite all appearances to the contrary, this was not a paid endorsement of Imgur or any of its subsidiaries. Celebrity voices were done by impersonators.Ā 

Ā 

How do you actually get the direct URL for your photo from Imgur?Ā  All I can ever seem to get is a link that takes you to the post on its site, not just the image.

Ā 

I've been using Tinypic on PC, but have been struggling while in phone.Ā  What's the secret to Imgur?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Right click on the image. Ā Copy image location. Should end in .png, .gif, etc. paste in here. Ā It auto embeds. Ā Iā€™ll paste a more versatile walkthrough tomorrow. Ā 

twitter

Oddly, while I saw the placeholder images in other members' signatures, I'veĀ not personallyĀ had that issue with mine despite not being a premium member on Photobucket. Or at least, I don't think I have.

Ā 

Having said that, the site isĀ absurdly ad heavy to the point where itĀ slowsĀ my browser down to a crawl and is barely usable. I think I'll be making the switch.

mTBXgML.png

PotD:Ā 24/08/2017

6 hours ago, CS85 said:

Right click on the image. Ā Copy image location. Should end in .png, .gif, etc. paste in here. Ā It auto embeds. Ā Iā€™ll paste a more versatile walkthrough tomorrow. Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ll try again when Iā€™m in PC but I swear nothing easy has worked.Ā 

Ā 

How about in phone through the app? Ā Thatā€™s where I do the majority of my posting.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This is how it looks oks when I copy link to photo through the app:

https://imgur.com/gallery/kWKQu4i

Ā 

edit: May have had an a-ha moment. If using iOSā€™s Long-press copy function on the actual image it seems to copy the direct link. Iā€™ve still never found a way to do it through imgurā€™s Interface.Ā 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've got 10+ years worth of images in Photobucket. Anyone have a way to download them all, in bulk, before Photobucket inevitably sharts the bed and deletes everything? I'd hate to lose it all, because the vast majority of it isn't backed up.

Ā 

Yes, I've Googled a zillion different iterations ofĀ "how to download all of my Photobucket pictures" and nothing I've tried has worked. I don't want to download them all one-by-one, but...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived