Re: Photobucket

I've got 10+ years worth of images in Photobucket. Anyone have a way to download them all, in bulk, before Photobucket inevitably sharts the bed and deletes everything? I'd hate to lose it all.

Yes, I've Googled a zillion different iterations of "how to download all of my Photobucket pictures" and nothing I've tried has worked. I don't want to download them all one-by-one, but...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

6 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I've got 10+ years worth of images in Photobucket. Anyone have a way to download them all, in bulk, before Photobucket inevitably sharts the bed and deletes everything? I'd hate to lose it all.

Yes, I've Googled a zillion different iterations of "how to download all of my Photobucket pictures" and nothing I've tried has worked. I don't want to download them all one-by-one, but...

Unfortunately, that's how I had to do it ...

On 4/21/2018 at 4:43 AM, Jimmy Lethal said:

Would you happen to have any recommendations? There's a ton of otherwise-lost concepts on here I'd love to look at again.

I went through and threw my stuff into Imgur, then went back over my NCFA files and replaced the ones I still had pictures of. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The non-easy way to download all your photobucket files...

Prerequisites

Enabling the linux bash shell on Windows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

How to download: https://gist.github.com/philipjewell/a9e1eae2d999a2529a08c15b06deb13d

What I did

I installed the linux bash shell on Windows, just like the Microsoft documentation mentioned - this is fairly easy to follow.

I did the first 9 steps of the "How to download" link above. However, trying to download using the terminal based application (bash) didn't work, as I was getting errors. So instead of the commands on step 10, I did the following two:

tr -d '\r' < photobucket.txt > clean.txt

To remove the carriage returns from Windows, as Unix doesn't like them. (My original file was called photobucket.txt -> where I copied all the links)

cat clean.txt | xargs wget --referer 'http://s.photobucket.com/' --wait=1 --random-wait --input-file=-

This starts a fetch for every single file in the clean.txt file.

Note that all images in the file will be downloaded into the same folder, so if you want to keep the folders you have on Photobucket, you'll have to create the folders and a photobucket.txt file for each folder.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

2 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

How do you navigate through imgur, because it gives me a million pop ups and i cant figure out how to create an account

If you’re on mobile just get the app, it walks you through.

Excellent!

• 3 weeks later...

I used to use Photobucket, before they put that 3rd party stupidity, their site is slow to load from both upload, and download, it was a pain in the butt. Now I upload most of my concepts to Google photos, and some on my DeviantART. I'll might considering imgur site down the road.

• LMU unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

How does one post a picture using the Imgur app? Whenever I select the copy link option in the app and try to paste it into the “Insert other media” -> “Insert image from URL”, it doesn’t accept it. 

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

How does one post a picture using the Imgur app? Whenever I select the copy link option in the app and try to paste it into the “Insert other media” -> “Insert image from URL”, it doesn’t accept it. 

Just open the image link in a new tab and copy+paste.

Archived