VOLKSWAGEN CONCEPT LOGO!!! BY KONG TOM

KingKongTom

With all this extreme outrage over VW changing their logo, I have decided to take on the mission of designing the new logo for VW. 

VW Quote: "A car is more than a vehicle, it can be your friend and your life"-Kong Tom

VW: I wanted this logo to be edgy, fresh, modern, all of those with the classical hints of VW's rich and storied history. Here it is.

Tell me your thoughts below.

Kong_Tom_VW_Concept_PRES.jpg

3 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

How is this any different than any of their old logos? Looks like you just took the paintbrush tool and tried to disconnect the 'VW' from the white circle surrounding it. Not well done at all, and really just a downgrade from all of their other logos.

Maybe if you actually knew what you were talking about and knew what the old logo looked like you could see the difference.

5 hours ago, KingKongTom said:

Maybe if you actually knew what you were talking about and knew what the old logo looked like you could see the difference.

If you can't learn to take constructive criticism, you'll never make it as a "designer".

I don't see anything you did that makes it "edgy". You roughed the edges of the inner circle only, added a gray inner shadow, and made the top V section closer to the bottom W so they're only separated by a thin gray line. How does that make it edgy?

Yes, your logo is clearly different than the original. But you did nothing to improve over the original. It looks like you took the original, applied Photoshop filters to some of it, then called it a day.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

1 hour ago, slapshot said:

If you can't learn to take constructive criticism, you'll never make it as a "designer".

I don't see anything you did that makes it "edgy". You roughed the edges of the inner circle only, added a gray inner shadow, and made the top V section closer to the bottom W so they're only separated by a thin gray line. How does that make it edgy?

Yes, your logo is clearly different than the original. But you did nothing to improve over the original. It looks like you took the original, applied Photoshop filters to some of it, then called it a day.

Perhaps OP intended for the background wallpaper to be part of the logo?

Listen, I'm all for concerts, but this is sloppy. First, it's very rough. The V and W aren't symmetrical and the circle is jacked. As we've says before, just take your time and your concept will look better. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

20 hours ago, KingKongTom said:

They are different

Yeah, different in the sense that one looks like it was created in MS Paint and it took about 40 seconds.

Honestly, I don’t like it but I think you could do a few things to improve it. Fix the awkward, random edges to start. It just ruins this “concept”. 

On 4/21/2018 at 2:35 PM, KingKongTom said:

No need to have such a negative tone.  if you want to be taken seriously, taking criticism, whether in your favor or not, should be a priority.

• Atomic locked this topic

Archived