Politicians (*not rockers or rappers*) in unis and logo-related stuff

keynote

Mitt Romney's instantly iconic custom Jazz jersey inspired this thread (as did this infamous thread from a few years back).

BJEJXSHGNZGAZAX62F4MC3LFI4.jpg

Dbha3JQV4AAPmPo.jpg

As a general rule, the most dignified fashion choice for most politicians is the baseball bullpen jacket. 

George-W-Bush-pitch-e1509341010685.jpg

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470.jpg

But occasionally, a politician gives us a gift. 

Feel free to post pics of politicians wearing sports gear.  Holding up a commemorative jersey (without wearing it) isn't enough.  I'd pass on jerseys from non-professional leagues (although Christie's NYPD jersey is still a classic).  First pitches will do it.  Extra points for jerseys tucked into jeans, worn under blazers, or over Van Heusen dress shirts with rolled-up sleeves.  

(and yeah, feel free to throw in pics of Bill Bradley, Jack Kemp, Jim Bunning, and this glorious silver fox, Rep. Tom McMillen (D-MD))

mcmillen+tom+85.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angus King, then governor of Maine, holding up a cutout of Minnesota's governor at the time Jesse Ventura. This had something to do with an NCAA hockey game bet I think.

KING_VENTURA_713650-600x1006.jpg

That's my Mainer way of segueing into a bunch of Jesse Ventura pictures...

jesse_2.jpgfd32486fc745d5e0db9f0bc88c712f71.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

los-angeles-mayor-eric-garcetti-attends-

Los Angeles major Eric Garcetti in a Dodger jersey.

And, a throwback to the 1990s:

m1T0FxK.jpg

Canadian PM Jean Chretien and Bill Clinton swap 'capitol' jerseys of the Washington Capitals and the Ottawa Senators.

UBwef0L.png

Archived