College Hockey Redesign

Section30

Next up are the Nebraska Omaha Mavericks.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for nebraska omaha hockey 2018Image result for nebraska omaha hockey 2018

Home: Pointy Bull on front, red added to the stripes, black shoulders, red numbers.

Away: Black version of the new home, striping doesn't change.

Alt: Red jersey with the logo they used in a one off jersey on front, black shoulders with pointy bull and double O logos.

Alt 2: Throwback to the early 2000's with their old logos.

MxtTVoP.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up is the other worst team in college hockey, the University of North Dakota Fighting Sio... Hawks.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for north dakota hockey 2018Image result for north dakota hockey 2018Related image

Home: Striping from when players like TJ Oshie were there with green on the ends of the sleeves, same logos, no outline around shoulders.

Away: Green version of the new home, green and white switch on striping.

Alt: Black version of away, black and green swap in striping, green shoulders

Alt 2: Throwback to when they were the Fighting Sioux with this unique overlapping stripe pattern that players like Zach Parise wore.

vlz1VQR.jpg

On to the team I've followed my entire life, the St. Cloud State University Huskies.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for st cloud state hockey 2018Image result for st cloud state hockey 2018Image result for st cloud state hockey

Home: Striping from the 80's and early 90's, red shoulders, CST logo on the front, husky logo on shoulders.

Away: Red version of the home, striping meant to look similar to the current red without being a Blackhawks copy, script logo on front, CST on shoulders.

Alt: Throwback to the 50's that they also brought back for Hockey Day MN in 2009, old St. Cloud script on front, big stripes.

Alt 2: Throwback to the 30's and 40's that they also brought back for a one time game in 2013, a different old St. Cloud script on front with big stripes, red shoulders.

e42Dv6Z.jpg

And the final team in the NCHC are the Western Michigan Broncos.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for western michigan hockey 2018Image result for western michigan hockey 2018Image result for western michigan hockey 2018

Home: Same as current home, except the numbers and letters have one outline.

Away: Same as current away, only the shoulders are round now, and numbers and letters have one outline.

Alt: Based on what they wore in an outdoor game, brown and gold instead of black, W logo on front.

Alt 2: Throwback to when they used yellow instead of gold, old logo on front.

C07O5hf.jpg

That concludes the NCHC, next up we have our last conference in the WCHA!

7 hours ago, Section30 said:

Next up is the other worst team in college hockey, the University of North Dakota Fighting Sio... Hawks.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for north dakota hockey 2018Image result for north dakota hockey 2018Related image

Home: Striping from when players like TJ Oshie were there with green on the ends of the sleeves, same logos, no outline around shoulders.

Away: Green version of the new home, green and white switch on striping.

Alt: Black version of away, black and green swap in striping, green shoulders

Alt 2: Throwback to when they were the Fighting Sioux with this unique overlapping stripe pattern that players like Zach Parise wore.

vlz1VQR.jpg

This is my school and I gotta say I’m just not feeling it. I get the throwback to the original Reebok era with the stripes, but it doesn’t work with the new front wordmark. It worked with the head and Sioux font, just not here. Plus the green pant and helmets at home are great, as that was what they wore all the time up until near the 2000s. It feels like too many eras were tried to be mashed together and it just doesn’t work the same. The white primary just seems off. I love your work by the way, just my thoughts on this one.

6 hours ago, Section30 said:

And the final team in the NCHC are the Western Michigan Broncos.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for western michigan hockey 2018Image result for western michigan hockey 2018Image result for western michigan hockey 2018

Home: Same as current home, except the numbers and letters have one outline.

Away: Same as current away, only the shoulders are round now, and numbers and letters have one outline.

Alt: Based on what they wore in an outdoor game, brown and gold instead of black, W logo on front.

Alt 2: Throwback to when they used yellow instead of gold, old logo on front.

C07O5hf.jpg

That concludes the NCHC, next up we have our last conference in the WCHA!

Current homes only have one stripe around the waist so you actually made it better. Road is way better with the shoulders you gave them.

On 4/29/2018 at 3:27 PM, Section30 said:

Next up are the University of Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for umass lowell hockey 2018Image result for umass lowell hockey 2018

Home: Striping from their old jerseys, colors lightened to match school colors.

Away: Same as new home but blue and white flip except on shoulders.

Alt: Red base, striping based on current uniforms, white below the blue stripes so the blue doesn't get lost in the red, white shoulders, River Hawk logo on shoulders.

Alt 2: Throwback to what they wore when they were the Chiefs, Pre 1991

RyD8wof.jpg

Well let me say that I like what you did, for the most part here. I'm partial to using Impact as the number font, so I'd have done that. I'd also put the hawk head on the shoulders of all the uniforms. Other than that, you're golden here!

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Starting off the WCHA we have the University of Alabama-Huntsville Chargers.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for alabama huntsville hockeyImage result for alabama huntsville hockeyImage result for alabama huntsville hockeyImage result for alabama huntsville hockey 2018

Home: Stripes thinned to match the away, Alabama Huntsville with number on chest instead of logo, no outline on shoulders.

Away: Same as current away except the stripes on the sleeves match the bottom with the same amount of stripes.

Alt: Black version of the home, logo on front now.

Alt 2: Throwback to when they were a D2 powerhouse winning national championships, script logo on front.

SiygvES.png

Next we have the University of Alaska-Fairbanks Nanooks.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for alaska nanooks hockey 2018Image result for alaska nanooks hockey 2018Image result for alaska nanooks hockey 2018Image result for alaska nanooks hockey blue

Home: Same as current home only the yellow on shoulders only goes on the front and back, and no more shoulder logos.

Away: Same as current away except no more shoulder outline or shoulder logos.

Alt: Same as new home only yellow and white flip, arched Alaska over number on front.

Alt 2: Based on their current blue alts, lots of stripes with arched Fairbanks over polar bear, yellow doesn't extend to bottom of jersey now.

VzwleK0.png

Staying in Alaska we have the University of Alaska-Anchorage Sea Wolves.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for alaska seawolves hockey 2018Image result for alaska seawolves hockey 2018Image result for alaska seawolves hockey 2018

Home: Same as current home only the shoulder logo is their new UAA logo, and no US flag on front.

Away: Same as current away only the shoulder logo is their new UAA logo, and no US flag on front.

Alt: Yellow jersey with the same shoulders and stripes as main jerseys, green extends to the bottom of the jersey and sleeves.

Alt 2: Fauxback with their old striping and shoulders but with an all yellow version of their logo on the front.

AQ1WoFX.png

Up next is the school I will be attending this upcoming fall, here are the Bemidji State University Beavers.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for bemidji state hockey 2018Image result for bemidji state hockey 2018Image result for bemidji state hockey 2018

Home: Pretty much the same as their current alternate with the script Beavers.

Away: A green version of the new home.

Alt: Their current classic simple home..

Alt 2: Fauxback based off the alternates they wore from 2010-2012

vUThP5y.png

Next up are the Bowling Green University Falcons.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for bowling green hockey 2018Image result for bowling green hockey 2018Image result for bowling green hockey 2018Image result for bowling green hockey 2018

Home: Same as their current home, except the shoulders now extend in the back to the name.

Away: Same as new home but brown and white flip.

Alt: Same as the current alt only simplified shoulders.

Alt 2: Throwback to the late 70's and early 80's.

BYYVHuI.png

Next up are the Ferris State University Bulldogs.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for ferris state hockey 2018Image result for ferris state hockey 2018Image result for ferris state hockey 2018

Home: Same as their current home, except black is removed, stripes are red where black was

Away: Same as new home but red base, white outline on stripes, Bulldog logo on front.

Alt: Same as the current alt.

Alt 2: Throwback to when they made the Frozen Four in 2012

jLgFgd4.png

On to the Lake Superior State University Lakers.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for lake superior state hockeyImage result for lake superior state hockey 2018Image result for lake superior state hockey 2018

Home: I bring back the stripes across the whole arm, that's about it.

Away: Same as new home blue and white flip.

Alt: Same as the current alt except the stripes are touching and anchor shoulder logo.

Alt 2: Throwback to the 90's with their old logo and cream instead of white.

PhHobD4.png

Up next we have the Minnesota State University Mavericks.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for minnesota state hockey 2018Image result for minnesota state mavericks hockey 2018Image result for minnesota state mavericks hockey 2018

Home: Striping based on what they used in the 70's emphasis on purple and yellow, M logo on shoulders.

Away: Same as new home but purple base.

Alt: Black base with no yellow, Mankato script from the 70's.

Alt 2: Throwback to the 80's.

liwUXTZ.png

And finally we have the Northern Michigan University Wildcats.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for northern michigan hockey 2018Image result for northern michigan hockey 2018

Home: I bring back the classic diagonal Wildcats, same jersey as current home.

Away: Green version of home, same wording on front with unique NMU.

Alt: Same as current home.

Alt 2: Throwback the the early 90's.

aDmU8TS.png

That concludes this series, thanks for watching!

Gorgeous. Alaska-Anchorage and Minnesota State are definitely my favorites from this set, but they're all beautiful. Would you be up for trying non-hockey conferences, like the SEC and Pac-12?

53Ocz8U.png

On 4/29/2018 at 2:56 PM, Section30 said:

Next up we have the University of Maine Black Bears.

CURRENT UNIFORMS

Image result for maine hockey 2018Image result for maine hockey 2018Image result for maine hockey 2018

Home: Almost the same as the current timeless classic home, collar now solid light blue.

Away: Same as current away but collar now solid light blue.

Alt: Light blue version of the main two.

Alt 2: Throwback based on what they used in the 90's.

m6tQ1mz.jpg

YES. VERY YES.

mainescarf.png

Archived