Canadian Premier League

steve61

I really like the secondary. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

27 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

I wish Halifax had used the actual shape of the Citadel, either horizontally or vertically it's a far more unique shape. 

citadel-hill-non-pixelated.jpg

I was wondering why their logo was shaped like that.  I thought it was somewhat of an odd shape, but now with the context of it being based off of the Citadel, I'm okay with it.

1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

I wish Halifax had used the actual shape of the Citadel, either horizontally or vertically it's a far more unique shape. 

citadel-hill-non-pixelated.jpg

I completely agree, especially since the shape of the bridge tower would fit perfectly into a vertically oriented version.

Something along these lines could work pretty well.

qlGzT0Y.png

• Like 14

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

12 hours ago, Lafarge said:

I completely agree, especially since the shape of the bridge tower would fit perfectly into a vertically oriented version.

Something along these lines could work pretty well.

qlGzT0Y.png

Yeah, this is much better. I was going to come in with the suggestion they actually should’ve used the shape of the citadel — it‘s a much better shape, IMO, than the really boxy one they used.

6fQjS3M.png

I always thought going with a more literal translation of the Citadel shape would be a bad idea, but you're making me question that opinion @Lafarge. What you've come up with is really sharp.

On Twitter there seems to be consensus that the Wanderers look is the best of the three unveiled so far. To me though, I think it might be my least favourite. 

By the way, the next reveal will be Winnipeg on June 6th. The rumour is that the club's name will be Valour FC. The club is owned by the same group as the CFL's Bluebombers, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar colour scheme.

1 hour ago, nas1787 said:

By the way, the next reveal will be Winnipeg on June 6th. The rumour is that the club's name will be Valour FC. The club is owned by the same group as the CFL's Bluebombers, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar colour scheme.

If it is, I would make gold the primary with blue being the accent so the two can be the same, yet different at the same time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Edmonton was announced as an approved city today. And I just got an email from FC Edmonton about a "special unveiling" taking place on Friday. Perhaps a tweaked crest? The graphics were all black, white and silver/chrome; no sign of blue from the NASL days.