steve61

Canadian Premier League

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

 

 

QUIT. PUTTING. TINY. ILLEGIBLE. PHRASES. ESPECIALLY. IN. LATIN. IN. YOUR. LOGOS.

 

I believe it's Gaelic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

QUIT. PUTTING. TINY. ILLEGIBLE. PHRASES. ESPECIALLY. IN. LATIN. IN. YOUR. LOGOS.

 

It isn't Latin. It's actually Scottish Gaelic.

Ar Cala. Ar Dachaigh. Ar N-anam. 
Our Harbour. Our Home. Our Soul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

And a third:

 

Copy-of-Wanderers-Pennant-320x107.jpg

This is a beaut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

And a third:

 

Copy-of-Wanderers-Pennant-320x107.jpg

I do like this but, oh boy, another Canadian team forcing a maple leaf into a logo. 

 

Makes even less sense in an all-Canadian league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Halifax had used the actual shape of the Citadel, either horizontally or vertically it's a far more unique shape. 

citadel-hill-non-pixelated.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

I wish Halifax had used the actual shape of the Citadel, either horizontally or vertically it's a far more unique shape. 

citadel-hill-non-pixelated.jpg

 

I was wondering why their logo was shaped like that.  I thought it was somewhat of an odd shape, but now with the context of it being based off of the Citadel, I'm okay with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

I wish Halifax had used the actual shape of the Citadel, either horizontally or vertically it's a far more unique shape. 

citadel-hill-non-pixelated.jpg

 

I completely agree, especially since the shape of the bridge tower would fit perfectly into a vertically oriented version.

 

Something along these lines could work pretty well.

 

qlGzT0Y.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lafarge said:

 

I completely agree, especially since the shape of the bridge tower would fit perfectly into a vertically oriented version.

 

Something along these lines could work pretty well.

 

qlGzT0Y.png

Yeah, this is much better. I was going to come in with the suggestion they actually should’ve used the shape of the citadel — it‘s a much better shape, IMO, than the really boxy one they used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought going with a more literal translation of the Citadel shape would be a bad idea, but you're making me question that opinion @Lafarge. What you've come up with is really sharp.

 

On Twitter there seems to be consensus that the Wanderers look is the best of the three unveiled so far. To me though, I think it might be my least favourite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, the next reveal will be Winnipeg on June 6th. The rumour is that the club's name will be Valour FC. The club is owned by the same group as the CFL's Bluebombers, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar colour scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nas1787 said:

By the way, the next reveal will be Winnipeg on June 6th. The rumour is that the club's name will be Valour FC. The club is owned by the same group as the CFL's Bluebombers, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar colour scheme.

 

If it is, I would make gold the primary with blue being the accent so the two can be the same, yet different at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmonton was announced as an approved city today. And I just got an email from FC Edmonton about a "special unveiling" taking place on Friday. Perhaps a tweaked crest? The graphics were all black, white and silver/chrome; no sign of blue from the NASL days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Edmonton, Hamilton and Victoria (Langford) confirmed, one team left for the 8 teams the league wanted/expected for the first season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now