steve61

Canadian Premier League

3 hours ago, vtgco said:

I am not very impressed with this new Edmonton logo. Kind of a lateral move, possibly a slight downgrade.

The font for "FC Edmonton" and "2010" on this logo is more boring than the previous logo's, which had pleasant serifs.

The "FC Edmonton" text on top looks off, being in a straight line underneath the curved top of the shield.

I don't really like how the primary focus are the letters "FC" rather than the city name itself. The "E" is just not very visible.

Are those supposed to be rabbit tracks? I just wish they had put their rabbit silhouette alternate logo front and center in this shield.

CcAjkw9XIAILBgH.jpg

I think, altogether, this logo feels just as generic as the last.

I like the double blue, though -- it works well with the Oilers, who keep switching between royal and navy. Add the Oilers' orange or copper (or possibly the CFL team's yellow) and this would be an even better color scheme!

Most of these new logos are what we are seeing lately, yes they are modern, sharp and minimalist but they are just not worthy of being a part of a new league especially soccer. Soccer is romantic and has a history of logos that references heraldic shields, some of these Canadian logos have slight touches of these but have been used wrongly and make people ask more questions than they give.

Overall i'm a little disappointed with what they came up with.

14 hours ago, tigers said:

Most of these new logos are what we are seeing lately, yes they are modern, sharp and minimalist but they are just not worthy of being a part of a new league especially soccer. Soccer is romantic and has a history of logos that references heraldic shields, some of these Canadian logos have slight touches of these but have been used wrongly and make people ask more questions than they give.

Overall i'm a little disappointed with what they came up with.

The crests should be modern since it's a new modern league. Look at MLS's newer logos and the A-League in Australia. Heck look at some of the original ones! Some teams want to alude to their location but not try to shoehorn their name into a city's coat of arms like most English teams did at one time or another. I think Valour FC is pretty clean but Calvary FC could use some work, . . . OK, a lot of work.