KingKongTom

Dodgers Home V.01

Dodgers Home V.02

Dodgers Road V.01

Dodgers Home V.01

*PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE READING AND LOOKING AT MY CONCEPT:

As some of you pry have noticed, I have been absent the past couple days. This is not because I quit posting! IT IS BECAUSE I BEEN WORKING ON MY CONCEPT, AND PERFECTING MY CRAFT! I have received more criticism then anyone in this forums history. With that being said, I apologize for lashing out at some of you. I am newer to the game of concepts, and i'm just working on improving my craft. Please forgive me.

League: MLB

League Branding: KingKongTom

Team: Los Angeles Dodgers

The Vision: When I started this Dodgers concept I wanted something unique, iconic, and a form of art. I have created the beast I set out to make. I used a baseball jersey concept, I have got higher quality logos, and I continue to use my A+ presentations. This is the new expectation for Dodger Baseball.

Quote: "To design for the Dodgers, you must have the poise of a Cobra, and the bite of a thousand Lions." -Kong Tom

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Please leave honest feedback. I hope you guys appreciate the hard work I put in.

KKT_Dodgers_C_WB.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is, you used the word beast, A+ and quoted yourself in your post, and then asked us to leave honest feedback, when it doesn't really seem like you think you need it.

Your concept isn't bad, although it could still be cleaner. Give us more insight into why you chose the facets of your design, what led you to choose your font, increase the amount of red, etc. There's not much else to say without that, as it's a rather straightforward concept.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

^^^ Basically what Bruins said.

One of the biggest keys in design meaning. What do the red shoulders/sleeves have to do with the Dodgers? Why did you choose that font? Why did you choose a non-traditional front number placement for a baseball uniform (in relation to the script)?

I'm not gonna lie, your "craft" is far from "perfected". Finding a new paint template and slapping your personal "logo" on a uniform with little to no explanation does not mean you've perfected anything.

Also, saying you've "received more criticism than anyone in this forum's history" is laughable. This place has seen worse, I'm sure.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1 minute ago, mr.nascar13 said:

^^^ Basically what Bruins said.

One of the biggest keys in design meaning. What do the red shoulders/sleeves have to do with the Dodgers? Why did you choose that font? Why did you choose a non-traditional front number placement for a baseball uniform (in relation to the script)?

I'm not gonna lie, your "craft" is far from "perfected". Finding a new paint template and slapping your personal "logo" on a uniform with little to no explanation does not mean you've perfected anything.

Also, saying you've "received more criticism than anyone in this forum's history" is laughable. This place has seen worse, I'm sure.

Is a company/brand going to act like they suck and aren't great at something? No. This is why I ask for UNBIASED criticism from you folk. My reasoning for my personal logo is that its WAY better than Under Armour's. 

1 minute ago, Tim2349 said:

It’s a good start, but I would move the numbers on the front to the left a bit and shrink the name on the back a tad. You used the red well here, and I like how you incorporated the color more into the uniform

Thank you very much for the kind words. I highly appreciate unbiased feedback as the kind you gave me.

The blue thing on the collar is really weird, and if you’re going to make the sleeves a certain color, I’d suggest the other sleeve style, sort of like faux-vests, maybe? Also, your personal logo shouldn’t be in a place where it could potentially hinder the actual design. Place it on the back of the jersey, where the MLB logo usually is, or on the top of the chest, preferably to one side, not in the center. 

P. S. 

1 hour ago, KingKongTom said:

I have received more criticism then anyone in this forums history.

Have I ever told you the story of @llfhockey?

24 minutes ago, KingKongTom said:

Is a company/brand going to act like they suck and aren't great at something? No. This is why I ask for UNBIASED criticism from you folk. My reasoning for my personal logo is that its WAY better than Under Armour's. 

The idea is you aren’t a company, your a person making a concept. Still, companies still wouldn’t use that vocabulary it’s unprofessional and immature. For your concept, it’s better than past trials. @Bruinssummed it up as best as anyone could say so, I Second that

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

23 minutes ago, KingKongTom said:

This is why I ask for UNBIASED criticism from you folk.

They’re giving it to you and you can’t deal with it. I’m glad you’re trying to better your craft, but you have a lot to learn still. 

With that said, this is the one and only warning I’m giving: keep it on track or I’m locking this.

The template is better, I'll give you that. You did use a cleaner script for the Dodgers, although the LA on the sleeves is still a bit pixellated.

The font is really ugly compared to the script. You have a classic script, but pair it with this modern-looking font with weirdly tapered terminals.

You also have the front number on the left side of the jersey. With a script that goes from lower left to upper right, a number on the left makes that side look crowded and unbalanced. With a script like this, the number would look better on the right side.

It's a start, and better than what you put together last week.

That said, you seem to have a persecution complex, or are just intentionally being a troll. Comments like "I have received more criticism then anyone in this forums history." and "I have created the beast I set out to make." don't exactly endear yourself to the membership of the board. Just because criticism is negative doesn't mean it's not valid. If you're only looking for praise, you should just show your artwork to your closest friends, and not on a public forum.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Sorry, but... no. I've been watching your work for a few days without comment, but I feel the need now. Please rethink why you make concepts. Is it because you genuinely enjoy the art? Because you want to improve? Or is it because you think you are perfect and want to tell everyone that you are the best person to ever exist?

"I have created the beast I set out to make."

"...my A+ presentations."

"This is the new expectation for Dodger Baseball."

Is this truly what you think? Spend less time talking about how great you are, and more time explaining why you used specific elements, as mr.nascar said. There are highly highly skilled and established designers on this website (I don't claim to be one). That doesn't mean people are going to look down on you, or that we are "biased." However, it does mean that you will get lots of great feedback and criticism, not because everyone hates you, but because we want to help you improve. You keep asking for "unbiased feedback," but why do you think anyone here would hold a bias against you? We simply look at your concepts and tell you what we think. That's my definition of unbiased. 

Now for concept feedback:

1. I do like the presentation. The template needs work but the background is not bad.

2. Why red? Any rationale?

3. Why that font?

Mainly, listen to feedback and criticism without assuming whoever is giving it hates you. That's true for concepts, and it's true for life in general.

What @slapshot said. Good start, but it could be better. I personally don't like the red on the jersey (except on the numbers). The font doesn't scream "baseball font" to me. That don't belong more in an ice cream parlor, not in a MLB uniform. Just keep tweaking your comfort and it should look fine.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, slapshot said:

The template is better, I'll give you that. You did use a cleaner script for the Dodgers, although the LA on the sleeves is still a bit pixellated.

The font is really ugly compared to the script. You have a classic script, but pair it with this modern-looking font with weirdly tapered terminals.

You also have the front number on the left side of the jersey. With a script that goes from lower left to upper right, a number on the left makes that side look crowded and unbalanced. With a script like this, the number would look better on the right side.

It's a start, and better than what you put together last week.

That said, you seem to have a persecution complex, or are just intentionally being a troll. Comments like "I have received more criticism then anyone in this forums history." and "I have created the beast I set out to make." don't exactly endear yourself to the membership of the board. Just because criticism is negative doesn't mean it's not valid. If you're only looking for praise, you should just show your artwork to your closest friends, and not on a public forum.

I genuinely am not a troll, nor am I trying to come off as a "perfect" person. I'm just trying to sell my concept and have people read something interesting before. I will make a fresh mold of this with an update font, and Swap the number to the right side. Thank you for your feedback.

33 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

Sorry, but... no. I've been watching your work for a few days without comment, but I feel the need now. Please rethink why you make concepts. Is it because you genuinely enjoy the art? Because you want to improve? Or is it because you think you are perfect and want to tell everyone that you are the best person to ever exist?

"I have created the beast I set out to make."

"...my A+ presentations."

"This is the new expectation for Dodger Baseball."

Is this truly what you think? Spend less time talking about how great you are, and more time explaining why you used specific elements, as mr.nascar said. There are highly highly skilled and established designers on this website (I don't claim to be one). That doesn't mean people are going to look down on you, or that we are "biased." However, it does mean that you will get lots of great feedback and criticism, not because everyone hates you, but because we want to help you improve. You keep asking for "unbiased feedback," but why do you think anyone here would hold a bias against you? We simply look at your concepts and tell you what we think. That's my definition of unbiased. 

Now for concept feedback:

1. I do like the presentation. The template needs work but the background is not bad.

2. Why red? Any rationale?

3. Why that font?

Mainly, listen to feedback and criticism without assuming whoever is giving it hates you. That's true for concepts, and it's true for life in general.

I love making concepts, I truly do. I think people are EXTREMELY overreacting to my words. A beast doesn't have to be beautiful, all i'm saying is I created the vision I set out to do. EXTREME overreaction by many of you. I'm just trying to sell my brand of concepts. I will continue to grow and improve my templates. Thanks for the high praise on the background. I used red in order to create something unique and new. I used the font for the same purpose.

35 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

What @slapshot said. Good start, but it could be better. I personally don't like the red on the jersey (except on the numbers). The font doesn't scream "baseball font" to me. That don't belong more in an ice cream parlor, not in a MLB uniform. Just keep tweaking your comfort and it should look fine.

Maybe i'll create a road concept as well tonight and incorporate a blue style more. I'll also change my font.

Well I gald to see you are handling the criticism well this time. Its an okay start. First of all, the number font looks dumb in comparison to the Dodgers script. I get why you added red sleves, but that doesn’t work. The Dodgers logo lacks blue, their signature color. The “King Tom” logo on the uniform NEEDS TO GO. 

This could use some work, but you are definitely improving. Keep it up.

2 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Well I gald to see you are handling the criticism well this time. Its an okay start. First of all, the number font looks dumb in comparison to the Dodgers script. I get why you added red sleves, but that doesn’t work. The Dodgers logo lacks blue, their signature color. The “King Tom” logo on the uniform NEEDS TO GO. 

This could use some work, but you are definitely improving. Keep it up.

So you're saying my "brand" sponsoring my concepts is a no? And thank you for the feedback. I plan on adding blue. Like usual this thread will probably just get shut down before I have time to update my concepts though.

Archived