Recommended Posts

So I was looking at some NFL uniforms today, and the idea popped in my head, what if the NFL allowed teams to put ads on their uniforms. This could be a very real possiblitily in the near future, so I decided to whip up a quick concept of it potentially. This post is not my best work, I just wanted to get the idea across to everyone. For this I went very Boston by putting Dunkin' Donuts on the Patriots home uniform. Tell me your thoughts down below, and if you would like me to do this for any other teams. Thanks.

 

The Vision: I wanted to see what an NFL uniform would look like with an ad on it.

 

Quote: "Ads can produce a large amount of income, but is it worth it to hurt your identity potentially?" -Kong Tom

 

KKT_NFL_ADS_CONCEPT_VOL_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great concept, a pic of Tom with a pixelated logo slapped onto it. I think you accomplished your “vision” so it should just end here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

What a great concept, a pic of Tom with a pixelated logo slapped onto it. I think you accomplished your “vision” so it should just end here

Well maybe if you could actually read what I wrote you would clearly see I said: "I decided to whip up a quick concept of it potentially" or "This post is not my best work, I just wanted to get the idea across to everyone." Maybe actually have an of what you're talking about before you comment something that uneducated. This post was just about peoples thoughts on the NFL getting ads one day potentially. Thanks pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And... he's back!  "Quick concepts" don't fly here. You don't have the money for Photoshop or Illustrator? Gimp and Inkscape are free. You should download them both, work with them for a few years and come back with some serious designs. Your reaction to serious critique of your "designs" shows you are not ready for the world of design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, logoman said:

And... he's back!  "Quick concepts" don't fly here. You don't have the money for Photoshop or Illustrator? Gimp and Inkscape are free. You should download them both, work with them for a few years and come back with some serious designs. Your reaction to serious critique of your "designs" shows you are not ready for the world of design.

This is literally just asking for thoughts on ads on uniforms. I should've posted in another sub forum. Maybe people wouldn't throw temper tantrums in there... I just downloaded gimp and will try learning it. You both struggle understanding the point of this post. And don't think i'm quitting, that's for quitters. I'm sure as hell not one. I love everyone's passive aggressive messages trying to talk :censored: about my work. "You should download them both, work with them for a few years and come back with some serious designs." Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

What a great concept, a pic of Tom with a pixelated logo slapped onto it. I think you accomplished your “vision” so it should just end here

Although this feedback was just trying to be passive aggressive tough, it actually helped because i'm going to focus on non pixelated work. Thanks friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't being passive aggressive. I was giving you advice to take to heart. You should try to hone your craft, behind the scenes before coming here with all the bombast and bad designs. That's all I have to say.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KingKongTom said:

And don't think i'm quitting, that's for quitters

This wins for sentence of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingKongTom said:

 This post was just about peoples thoughts on the NFL getting ads one day potentially. Thanks pal.

If you were on the boards during the NBA’s jersey ad announcement, then it would be clear that no one wants jersey ads. As you said 

 

3 hours ago, KingKongTom said:

but is it worth it to hurt your identity potentially?" -Kong Tom

The answer is no, it’s not. Not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And from taking a step up on the Dodgers to falling all the way back down the stairs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kong Tom Logic:

 

"I quote myself" -Me

-People don't likeit

-I see no problem

My solution: "Everyone hates me waaaaa"

 

*I make a very quick concept*

-People give honest feedback that I should spend more time on my designs and use better software

-I see no problem

My solution: "Why are you all being so passive aggressive?"

 

Look, what I'm trying to say is: I was once 12 on these boards. I posted some really crappy concepts and people reacted similarly to how people have reacted to your concepts. I continued to post some really cringe-worthy stuff and eventually I realized that I wasn't up to the quality that the CCSLC wanted, so I stopped posting concepts to work on my craft. It took me a good 4 years to get to the point where I think I can comfortably share what I make, and I still probably won't for another year or two. Art takes time. I know it's a cliché but quality beats quantity. If someone else makes one good concept, that's better than 20 rushed uniform designs. What I'm trying to say is, look at people on the internet the way you would look at your family. Maybe they come off as mean at times, but they're trying to make you better as a [person/designer]. Try to be the best version of yourself as you can be on the internet. Don't try to make enemies or lash out, but rather, explain your reasoning fully and think of why they would say something. We are all trying to help you. We're all on your team. But you have to listen to us rather than lashing out.

 

TL;DR for everyone but KingKongTom: Be nice, everyone's trying to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jake3.roo said:

Kong Tom Logic:

 

"I quote myself" -Me

-People don't likeit

-I see no problem

My solution: "Everyone hates me waaaaa"

 

*I make a very quick concept*

-People give honest feedback that I should spend more time on my designs and use better software

-I see no problem

My solution: "Why are you all being so passive aggressive?"

 

Look, what I'm trying to say is: I was once 12 on these boards. I posted some really crappy concepts and people reacted similarly to how people have reacted to your concepts. I continued to post some really cringe-worthy stuff and eventually I realized that I wasn't up to the quality that the CCSLC wanted, so I stopped posting concepts to work on my craft. It took me a good 4 years to get to the point where I think I can comfortably share what I make, and I still probably won't for another year or two. Art takes time. I know it's a cliché but quality beats quantity. If someone else makes one good concept, that's better than 20 rushed uniform designs. What I'm trying to say is, look at people on the internet the way you would look at your family. Maybe they come off as mean at times, but they're trying to make you better as a [person/designer]. Try to be the best version of yourself as you can be on the internet. Don't try to make enemies or lash out, but rather, explain your reasoning fully and think of why they would say something. We are all trying to help you. We're all on your team. But you have to listen to us rather than lashing out.

 

TL;DR for everyone but KingKongTom: Be nice, everyone's trying to help.

I truly understand what you're saying, and I 100% agree. I'm just sharing my work through the process of me trying to get better. I just feel people intentionally try kicking me while i'm down. I get my work isn't at a godly level, I really do. I just like to share my work and get feedback related to my work. Like I don't care what people think about my quotes, I want to get feedback on the material i'm putting out and trying to improve on. I already have made great improvement in a 12 day window. I just want people to stop trying to say the popular thing by making fun of my work. Like this post I just wanted peoples thoughts about if the NFL had ads, and I just added a picture to get my point across, and then people start talking about how terrible I am. I'm just trying to improve. I have met a lot of helpful people on here who have guided me in the right direction. I can take feedback, but i'm sick of people just trying to be rude as possible. Like the feedback you gave me here was helpful, and it was heartfelt(intentional or not). Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KingKongTom said:

I can take feedback, but i'm sick of people just trying to be rude as possible.

We're not trying to be rude. People offer you advice and then you "attack" them saying we don't know anything and we don't like your concepts. As @Jake3.roo says, just take your time. I started here in 2011 and my concepts were horrible and I got my fair share of

 what you're getting right now. It took me years to get where I'm at. It might not take you years to perfect you craft, but please don't knock the CCSLC when we are trying to help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take your time. There are no deadlines around here.

 

Explore the Concepts section and see what the designers are doing and the standards they have. There are some incredibly talented people who post here (people who should be designing major league uniforms) and take cues from what they're doing. See how the concepts are rendered, note the attention to detail and try to model your presentation after them.

 

And if you don't have design programs, there are other options available. As noted, freebies are downloadable.

 

I'm no designer and I won't pretend to be but still have ideas so I use what's available online. EA Sports' TeamBuilder is good for football, NHL 18 has a decent hockey uniform customizer, and NBA2K has some options for basketball. Companies such as Under Armour, Nike, and adidas have serviceable uniform builders, and one I've enjoyed is Ripon Athletic. Maybe use those while your design skills improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

We're not trying to be rude. People offer you advice and then you "attack" them saying we don't know anything and we don't like your concepts. As @Jake3.roo says, just take your time. I started here in 2011 and my concepts were horrible and I got my fair share of

 what you're getting right now. It took me years to get where I'm at. It might not take you years to perfect you craft, but please don't knock the CCSLC when we are trying to help. 

I get not everyone is rude, but some people only comment on my threads to have the best smart-a** comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Take your time. There are no deadlines around here.

 

Explore the concepts section and see what the designers are doing and the standards they have. There are some incredibly talented people who post here (people who should be designing major league uniforms) and take cues from what they're doing. See how the concepts are rendered, note the attention to detail and try to model your presentation after them.

 

And if you don't have design programs, there are other options available. As noted, freebies are downloadable.

 

I'm no designer and I won't pretend to be but still have ideas so I use what's available online. EA Sports' TeamBuilder is good for football, NHL 18 has a decent hockey uniform customizer, and NBA2K has some options for basketball. Companies such as Under Armour, Nike, and adidas have serviceable online customizers, and one I've enjoyed is Ripon Athletic. Maybe use those while your design skills improve.

Thank you for the advice for the programs use. I've used 2K and NHL and I enjoy them a lot. I don't know why I never thought about using them for a concept to post in here. I'll go check out what you recommended. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admins, close it down if needed. Nothing more will come from this thread. I got some good pieces of advice though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.