Ottawa Senators Undecided About Which Logo to Use Going Forward

Ottawa Senators Undecided About Which Logo to Use Going Forward

April 30, 2018 - 15:49 PM

The 3d centurion? The heritage “O”? Something else? Whatever logo the Ottawa Senators should use like is always a matter up for debate, even the team itself hasn’t decided what side they’re on. At an team-hosted town hall event held […]

Read More...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

This is so them.

It's perfect that Eugene Melnyk is hesitant to switch to the "O" because Chris Neil told him it's bad luck. There's your franchise in a nutshell.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If there should be one team that is definitely changing its look this coming season, it's Ottawa. How they (and, to an extent, Calgary) are not is comical.

There's one undeniable truth: Standing pat with your uniforms dooms you to the bottom 3 designs in the entire league, and it's not like you've had oodles of recent success associated with the sweater. 

Ducks/Sens/Flames should all be coming out of the gate HOT with new jerseys this fall. Massive fail by all three franchises, which probably make up the ugliest troika of jerseys in the league. 

Am I understanding, too, that the Sens may not have a third as well? Oy vey. If nothing else, you changed your center-ice logo...don't you HAVE to have the "O" on the sweater somewhere? #CommonSENSe

5 hours ago, MBurmy said:

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.png

[/discussion]

It's funny.... this logo is round enough to work with a barberpole setup, and it also plays homage to the 1st logo they ever wore. The fact they won't even consider using it as the primary makes my blood boil. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

It's a very simple cut and paste job.  Copy the updated 2D logo and paste onto the centennial jersey, swapping the silver for gold (or keep as is), and fix the collar.  If they can do a triple colour half collar, there's no way they couldn't do the same for the other half.  If they want a primarily black uniform, then stick the 2D onto the black heritage uniform.  Which ever uniform is left over, slap the O logo onto it for the third.  Come up with an updated Peace Tower logo for the shoulder logo.  No flags anywhere.  Put  it on the helmet if they really want it.

3 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

It's perfect that Eugene Melnyk is hesitant to switch to the "O" because Chris Neil told him it's bad luck. There's your franchise in a nutshell.

Eugene: Erik Karlsson is being haunted by the ghosts of Indians and the only way to make them go away is for him to wear an Indian Head.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

If they're going to stick with the "O," should they borrow from the Ottawa flag?

500px-Flag_of_Ottawa,_Ontario.svg.png

8 hours ago, MBurmy said:

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.png

[/discussion]

That flag is actually what inspired the cape in this version of the centurion. It may be my favorite part; a shining example showing how to incorporate a local design element without forcing it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Damn, that is brilliant.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have no idea why they changed. The 3d Centurion just looks weird. It's a horrible angle for a logo. Faces on logos should be mostly looking in profile. Near perfect, or at least almost in profile.

The O is a classic sweater design. I love the O on the uniform, but not for things like merchandise, etc.

Why can't they wear the O and sell stuff and have signage with the Centurion logo, 2d or 3d? Why must they use the same for both?

Archived