Ottawa Senators Undecided About Which Logo to Use Going Forward

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

That flag is actually what inspired the cape in this version of the centurion. It may be my favorite part; a shining example showing how to incorporate a local design element without forcing it.

And now I've learned my something new for today.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

They literally have all the ingredients to create a top-5 look and outright refuse to use any of them. The Senators' design department is a joke. Then again, the Senators are a joke in general.

53Ocz8U.png

The "O" is incredibly boring. I always liked the original Roman senator look, but that doesn't really capture what you'd think Ottawa is about. I like the Peace Tower inside the "O". That would be a good look. 

On 4/30/2018 at 5:35 PM, andrewharrington said:

That flag is actually what inspired the cape in this version of the centurion. It may be my favorite part; a shining example showing how to incorporate a local design element without forcing it.

? That’s brilliant.  I never noticed that.  Now I like that logo even more than I already did.

That 2D centurion is excellent...to this day I don't comprehend why they haven't gone with that.

I've often thought that if they married that particular logo to a re-imagined version of this sweater (minus the Serpentine)...

sensblackalt.jpg

...they'd have a strong and solid identity all their own.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just use this with a matching black at home.  It celebrates the entire history of Ottawa hockey and is the perfect compromise between the roman and heritage themes.  Also put the =O= on the shoulders.

c1TQNG7.png

On 5/4/2018 at 6:04 PM, Morgo said:

Just use this with a matching black at home.  It celebrates the entire history of Ottawa hockey and is the perfect compromise between the roman and heritage themes.  Also put the =O= on the shoulders.

c1TQNG7.png

You nailed it, that's what they should be doing.

c1TQNG7.png

Perfect. That means that they will somehow do the opposite.

c1TQNG7.png

:wub:

c1TQNG7.png

Needs more gold IMO.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Needs more gold IMO.

Agreed. If they’re going to keep that rich shade of gold in the logo, it needs to be present elsewhere. 

I’d also prefer for the chest stripes not to go all the way around because it muddies the numbers. But I know that’s an unpopular opinion around these parts. 

On 04/05/2018 at 6:04 PM, Morgo said:

c1TQNG7.png

I'd rather have shoulder numbers, and have the O on the sleeves. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 4/30/2018 at 8:35 PM, andrewharrington said:

Is it though?  If nobody gets the reference, is it really there?  Not doubting anything that you're saying, but there's a balance between forcing it and this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is it though?  If nobody gets the reference, is it really there?  Not doubting anything that you're saying, but there's a balance between forcing it and this.

My opinion is that if you’re familiar with the Ottawa flag, then it’s there for you to discover. If not, no big deal, because you don’t lose anything by not seeing the flag reference; it’s still a cape.

That’s the sweet spot for me; doesn’t diminish the meaning if you don’t see it, doesn’t carry so much attention that you can’t help seeing it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I was not familiar with the Ottawa flag and had no idea it was represented on the cape but now that I see it, that's just pure brilliance.  The updated 2D centurion needs to become the primary logo.

Archived