Seahawks old logo vs new logo

Dboi2001

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, apeman33 said:

Dude, why don't you just ASK to get banned? Because that's basically what you're doing.

So when I politely ask a question I get harassed? I’m not trying to start anything

You can make arguments about the colors and how they choose to balance them, but they refined the design and the current logo is the best IMO.

I have conflicted feelings about their minimal use of neon green, especially when you have a primarily navy logo going on a navy helmet. 

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

It’s more reflective of the Native art it’s based on than either of the two modern versions. 

I mean I guess but the eye is so dam creepy and just looks more annoyed than intimidating 

1 minute ago, Dboi2001 said:

I mean I guess but the eye is so dam creepy and just looks more annoyed than intimidating 

I’m of the opinion that something doesn’t need to look intimidating to work as a sports logo. I view the original Seahawks logo much like I view the original Dolphins logo. 

An accurate reflection of the area’s art style, warts and all. They both have a bit of kitsch and whimsy that, in my opinion, are lacking from the NFL these days. 

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

It’s more reflective of the Native art it’s based on than either of the two modern versions. 

And that’s why I prefer the original.  That and the bright color scheme. 

The updates are all trying too hard to be tough and “kewl”.  The harder they strain, the less effective they are. 

The older one is personally my favorite. The new one is okay, I prefer the green, sliver and blue to the double blue that they used for a bit (middle one). But overall, they were going for a Pacific Northwest feel and the accomplished this the best in the old logo. I love that old logo, even though the uniforms are not my favorite. I get why they updated it, but the old Hawk, to me, is worlds better.

Anyone remember that old Seahawks alternate logo, the flying bird? Yeah, I like that better than the 2 new ones. Now THAT was a logo. Overall though, the original in this case is superior.

I’m actually a big fan of the current logo overall. I just wish it had the original logo’s colors.

I’m with Cap that logos don’t need to be intimidating to be a good sports logo. However I much prefer what the Dolphins and the Seahawks have now over the old stuff.

Archived