Seahawks old logo vs new logo

Dboi2001

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One underrated feature of the classic design was the finish on the helmets. It wasn't a sparkly silver but almost a brushed steel. 

sea-01-blue-drewhallowell-675x380.jpg

Maybe this is my childhood nostalgia but those uniforms are perfection to me. 

3 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

as much as i like the current colors, i think i'd actually like to split the difference— current blue + kelly green

lbHUIJG.jpg

Me too!!! I'd like to see the green lean a little more toward and emerald green like this though:plentyofcolour_emeraldpantone.jpg

Unpopular opinion? I like the green vomit jerseys. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

41 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Me too!!! I'd like to see the green lean a little more toward and emerald green like this though:plentyofcolour_emeraldpantone.jpg

Current navy with original green, current navy with 8BW14's green.

ennEKAz.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

17 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

spot on. i think the current Seahawks logo is one of the very best in all of sports. it has that unmistakable Native PNW style, a more unique color palette, and the boldness of the lines and shapes works better as a logo. meaning when you shrink it down or embroider it, it doesn't collapse on itself. its simpler, more iconic, everything feels like it was carefully considered instead of copied from a photograph. all that just makes it better, but there's also this forward motion and sense of speed to it that i really like where the original is so static. 

Yes, but it's still a floating, streaking bird face. It's ok, but not that good. 

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

Unpopular opinion? I like the green vomit jerseys. 

I'm with you!  I love it when teams use bright bold colors and be different.  

I just became a fan with the new unis, so new logo for me.  The old logo looks tired, new logo is ready for action.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

22 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

there's not a better bird mascot logo than the Seahawks. change my mind :)

Birds_Wallpaper_1280a.png

Not to imply that I think all of these (or any of these necessarily) are better than the Seahawk... the Ball State logo is horrific.

I'm a fan of that Mudhen... but I do love me some cartoon mascots.

Orioles.gif

latest?cb=20160619021720

88c7bad8f0e86fbfc2507db8620e52e2--hurric

reading+phils.jpg

and are we just talking football?   Cuz this one is hard to top;

toronto-blue-jays-cap-insignia-logo-F3FD

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

ennEKAz.png

EIther one fixes a major problem with the current Seahawks logo - there's not enough contrast between silver and white.

75px-Seattle_Seahawks_logo.svg.png

This logo illustrates the danger of simply re-coloring a logo; the original was designed with a very simple color balance.  What worked well with two shades of blue doesn't work with navy and silver.  When the Seahawks changed their color scheme, they should either have used green in that lower stripe or re-designed the logo.

10 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

there's not a better bird mascot logo than the Seahawks. change my mind :)

5281902012.gifxxaqweqffuesooh5n4euube6n.gif2463622017.gif

22084522016.gif

I’d argue that these logos are “different” in their goals from the Seahawks one. However, some of them pull off their thesis a little more than others. The Wally Bird logo is maybe the best cartoon bird ever (and one of my favorite cap logos in baseball), the Penguins strike a good balance between cartoony and striking, while the Hawks’ logo is rather minimalist.

The only one that’s similar to the Seahawks is the Blue Jays, which makes sense given the teams’ similar ages. However, the Jays handled their recoloring far better than the Seahawks did.

I can't look at that Toronto logo around company. It's so beautiful. I weep uncontrollably with joy.....I might need medication.

Also, any bird logo with teeth automatically gets the crap stamp. The bird's beak is essentially it's teeth. Don't give me teeth squared. The Fed's should have came down on Louisville for that!

PS: Thanks to Cap for letting this stand. This is a good topic for this board. Even if spite fueled it. That's some goood moddin'!

I wish Nike had made the bottom of the logo bright green instead of grey. It would have been more in line with the loud, in-your-face Seahawks and an update of the original blue and green logo.

EDIT: I could have read this thread before replying but you know what I didn't

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

ennEKAz.png

Left.  Definitely left.

43 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm a fan of that Mudhen... but I do love me some cartoon mascots.

Orioles.gif

You didn't even pick the best cartoon swinging Oriole.  :P

4bmrvfygivt6dgyw9hntp3aqc.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived