Seahawks old logo vs new logo

Dboi2001

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Birds_Wallpaper_1280a.png

Not to imply that I think all of these (or any of these necessarily) are better than the Seahawk... the Ball State logo is horrific.

The Ball State logo looks like the logo form of brutalist architecture. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not to imply that I think all of these (or any of these necessarily) are better than the Seahawk... the Ball State logo is horrific.

Birds_Wallpaper_1280a.png

Of the ones you posted, most of these (as opposed to the OG Blue Jays, Penguins, O's, etc.) are closer to what the Seahawks logo is supposed to be (dynamic and sorta aggressive.)

Of these, the AZ Cardinals and Phila Eagles are the only two in the same class as Seattle's, and it's a tight one between the latter two for supremacy. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

While their logo looks good on a silver backdrop, I didn't like how prominent the color was compared to green (silver helmets and pants). It's the same issue I have with the Patriots as I want to see them as primarily navy and red. I want to see the Seahawks as primarily blue and green. Silver could be used for both of them, but to a minimum, or at least not as much as their other two colors.

23 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

as much as i like the current colors, i think i'd actually like to split the difference— current blue + kelly green

lbHUIJG.jpg

That looks amazing in place of the current drab rainy-day cloud grey color currently being used!

16 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

What about the Emerald color?

Not sure which green you mean. Here it is with the 2002 through 2008 green, 2009 through 2011 green, and 2012 through present green.

A6i7EYj.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

48 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

That looks amazing in place of the current drab rainy-day cloud grey color currently being used!

The rainy-day color was the old one.

22039f_lg.jpeg

I didn't love that uniform, or the color scheme, but at least it was appropriate for the overcast Pacific Northwest.

The current helmet uses a perfectly pedestrian silver.

11266f_lg.jpeg

I always thought it was a bad choice to not make the bottom stripe on the 02 helmets transparent to let that awesome metallic slate show through the logo. In theory they're supposed to be the same color, but by making it opaque and printed blue it made for a third different blue color that didn't appear anywhere else on the uniform. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I always thought it was a bad choice to not make the bottom stripe on the 02 helmets transparent to let that awesome metallic slate show through the logo. In theory they're supposed to be the same color, but by making it opaque and printed blue it made for a third different blue color that didn't appear anywhere else on the uniform. 

True, but you can see on this helmet why they couldn't do that.

22039f_lg.jpeg

Any transparent stripes would show how awkwardly the decal sits on top of those fancy and proprietary Riddell ridges.  The opaque decal hides a multitude of sins.

1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

That's good point.  Its weird that sometimes teams use transparent vinyl for color and sometimes print the color.  I'm not sure how or why that decision is made.  The strangest case to me is the broncos printing navy for a navy helmet;

20588e_lg.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

22039f_lg.jpeg

Any transparent stripes would show how awkwardly the decal sits on top of those fancy and proprietary Riddell ridges.  The opaque decal hides a multitude of sins.

ehh that one ridge going through the logo isn't a huge deal to me. The bigger thing I could never ignore is the GAP.

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 5/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, Cardsblues02 said:

Why don’t they do this? It is near perfect! The blue and green work great in here, and this scheme IS the best Pacific Northwest logo combo. The uniform works so well. Why insist on the highlighter “action” nike neon green? This is great! 

I knew from the start of Htown’s thread that this would eventually happen.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

Archived