American Premier League

Section30

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"AAAAAAAND NOW! this is the moment fans around the world have been waiting for! LIVE from the CCSLC concepts forum... IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT"S TIIIIIME!!!" - Bruce Buffer if he was announcing that it's time for western expansion.

Our first team west of the Mississippi is Atlético Los Angeles. Known as Los Osos, or the Bears, they are a powerhouse in the west. The third most titles in the leagues history, only 1 behind Buffalo, LA is a contender every year. They are very comparable to Inter New York in the way they are run and the reputation they have. They are a very wealthy team with a lot of money to burn. The appeal of LA along with large amounts of money lure top flight talent from across the world. Atlético LA's history is very influenced by Spanish teams, from their identity to the way that they play. Bears fans are known for the creative and detailed tifo's at every home game, when they play rivals it is especially impressive, often being over 200 feet tall. Speaking of rivals, any team as good as LA is bound to have quite a few like Club San Antonio, but their rivalries with Las Vegas SC and Inter New York are amazing. However, the "California Derby" against Bay United is one of the greatest rivalries in the entire league, the players and fans just generally hate each other. LA has had the better of almost all of their rivals historically though due to their dominant past.

Their logo is a shield slightly based on the one from the LA flag, the team name is in the middle with the Bear from the California flag above it, this is where they got their nickname. Below the team name is the year of the teams founding and the star from the California flag, this is also supposed to represent Hollywood and the walk of fame. On top of the shield is a crown, it is standard in the La Liga to have a crown on top of the crest and with the team heavily influenced by Spain or Spanish teams I thought it would make sense.

Their home kit is very simple, all maroon with gold accents. Their away is a yellow jersey with maroon pants and yellow socks, the jersey has maroon sleeves and the bear from their logo on the left side. Their third kit is the "City of Angels" kit, all  white with gold accents, meant to evoke the look of an angel with yellow being from a halo, there is a sublimated wing pattern on the front of the jersey (similar to the old Minnesota United jersey).

WHVySHy.pngPD0Q5qM.png

Teme a los osos translates to "Fear the Bears"

1 minute ago, soflo_sports said:

Everything about this set is magnífico. Correct if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it be "temas los osos?"

If you're looking for the second-person command form of, "Fear the Bears," it should be "Teme a Los Osos". Pretty fantastic concept here. That badge is very well rendered.

I love the old "two-color, stand-out yet simple font" look. I think you've nailed it more than once in this series. keep it up.

Also, i would make the sleeves on the detroit stripes jersey red that way it feels more like a red jersey rather than them having two grays.

tinysig.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jake3.roo said:

I love the old "two-color, stand-out yet simple font" look. I think you've nailed it more than once in this series. keep it up.

Also, i would make the sleeves on the detroit stripes jersey red that way it feels more like a red jersey rather than them having two grays.

I had that at first but changed it because it just looked like it was all red with 2 silver stripes in the front instead of giving the impression of 5 stripes from the front with a plain back.

I've been following this since the beginning, but this is the first time I'm commenting.  Terrific job so far!  I'm an especially big fan of Pittsburgh and Washington.

On the Spanish issue:

There are a few different routes you could take, and they have slightly different meanings.

The original "Teme" is grammatically correct.  It's a tú command, meaning you're telling someone to "Fear the Bears"; that someone is a peer or someone below you, and given the spite in Atlético's rivalries, that seems apt.

"Tema" is similar, but has a key difference.  It's an usted command, meaning the same as a tú command, but the person you're commanding is someone you respect, or you're in a formal setting.  I think that in the context of a soccer game, that doesn't work as well.

"Temes" is different from what you're aiming for, but I think it could work too.  It's a statement, meaning "You Fear the Bears".  That's even more outright and certain than a command.

"Temas" is a conjugation used in one of two tenses: the negative tú command, or the subjunctive.  In this context, neither is grammatically correct, and they have meanings that you wouldn't want to use anyway.  The negative command would tell you explicitly not to Fear the Bears, while the subjunctive is a statement implies a doubt; in other words, "I doubt that you fear the Bears."

Either Teme or Temes is good; I personally prefer Temes.  However, for what you wanted, Teme was better, and Google Translate was fine (in this instance).

Anyway, thanks for this amazing project!

xglLy43.png38ekInb.png3T2CQrI.png

2 hours ago, Section30 said:

I had that at first but changed it because it just looked like it was all red with 2 silver stripes in the front instead of giving the impression of 5 stripes from the front with a plain back.

I see. I wonder what if you flipped the red and the silver? I don't quite know.

tinysig.jpg

Our next team also comes from the state of California. Bay United joined the APL in 1967 and have been an average team at best., always towards the middle of the western conference. They are named Bay United in an attempt to become "The team" of the bay area. This can be seen throughout their identity with pieces from the major cities in the area. Bay United is unique in that they are the only team in the APL that plays in multiple cities. Of their 19 home matches 15 are held in San Francisco but there are two games held in both Oakland and San Jose. This has become very popular with supporters who try to outdo each other when a match is in their city. Bay united has a very strong following despite not being a very dominant team most years. Bay United is generally liked by most other teams with the exception of a few; Las Vegas, Seattle, and of course the "California Derby" against Atletico LA.

Bay United's crest is a combination of symbols of the three main cities in the area. The team colors are from the San Jose flag, the tree represents Oakland, and the Golden Gate Bridge represents San Francisco. Below the tree and bridge there is a wave representing the Bay and how the cities are connected with one team.

Their home kit is a blue jersey with a wave pattern making hoops that fade the farther up the jersey they go, orange pants and blue socks. Their away kit is white with blue sleeves, pants and white socks, the jersey features a blue and orange vertical stripe. Their third kit is the "gold rush kit" it's simple with it being all black and the only color being from the logos and numbers which are gold.

f7mLvc2.pngx3IWcFt.png

1 hour ago, Section30 said:

Our next team also comes from the state of California. Bay United joined the APL in 1967 and have been an average team at best., always towards the middle of the western conference. They are named Bay United in an attempt to become "The team" of the bay area. This can be seen throughout their identity with pieces from the major cities in the area. Bay United is unique in that they are the only team in the APL that plays in multiple cities. Of their 19 home matches 15 are held in San Francisco but there are two games held in both Oakland and San Jose. This has become very popular with supporters who try to outdo each other when a match is in their city. Bay united has a very strong following despite not being a very dominant team most years. Bay United is generally liked by most other teams with the exception of a few; Las Vegas, Seattle, and of course the "California Derby" against Atletico LA.

Bay United's crest is a combination of symbols of the three main cities in the area. The team colors are from the San Jose flag, the tree represents Oakland, and the Golden Gate Bridge represents San Francisco. Below the tree and bridge there is a wave representing the Bay and how the cities are connected with one team.

Their home kit is a blue jersey with a wave pattern making hoops that fade the farther up the jersey they go, orange pants and blue socks. Their away kit is white with blue sleeves, pants and white socks, the jersey features a blue and orange vertical stripe. Their third kit is the "gold rush kit" it's simple with it being all black and the only color being from the logos and numbers which are gold.

f7mLvc2.pngx3IWcFt.png

Damn. This might be your best one yet.

soflo copy.png

Coming back to the Midwest we head north to my neck of the woods for Minnesota FC. Joining the league at the same time as Bay United, the two have had a similar history. Neither team has been overly successful and both teams are generally liked by most APL fans, the walleye have won 2 league championships. The Walleye got their name from the state fish that is proudly featured on the front of their crest. The Walleye do have some major rivalries with teams like Chicago, Colorado, and St. Louis, but none compare to "The Border Battle" with Milwaukee. Walleye fans are known for being the only team in the APL to have a goal horn, in an attempt to draw on the states love for hockey. Minnesota fans are known for singing during matches, mainly Prince's "Purple Rain" and Bob Dylan's "Knockin' On heaven's Door".

Minnesota FC's logo is a an oval with a walleye in the center representing the state fish and the teams nickname. The team name is spelled out above and below the walleye with plants separating them. People often argue about what the plants are with some saying the plants refer to the states agricultural areas by being wheat, while others say it is wild rice which is the state grain, nobody truly knows for sure. The team colors are blue, green and white; blue represents the 10,000+ lakes in the state, green represents the forests in the north and the plants and agriculture in the south, and white represents the snow that covers the state in the winter.

Their home kit is a classic green base with blue vertical stripes, above the name on the back there is a star to represent MN being the north star state, blue pants and green and blue socks. Their away kit is a white top with blue pants and white socks, there is no green anywhere on this kit as it is meant to represent Minnesota winters, this kit is worn at home if it is going to snow during the game or if their is a lot of snow on the pitch before the game. The "Purple Rain" kit is a purple top with white pants and purple socks, this kit is in honor of Minnesota's own Prince. The socks feature the star logo from the back of the main jerseys and the jersey features lighter purple pin stripes meant to make it look like rain drops. This kit is a huge hit with the fans, and the jersey can be seen all over the place at games and out in the streets of the twin cities.

tnxeV4n.pngv0XZhz7.png

Now we go to the north west corner of the country for FC Seattle. One of the top teams in the west on a yearly basis, they have won 3 APL championships. The Emeralds are known to be a tough team to play especially at home, they have one of the best fan bases in the league. Seattle fans have set league records for noise, and every home match is a sight to see. Emerald fans are often seen wearing their iconic plaid shirts, plaid has become a major part of the teams identity because of this. Seattle has a couple rivals; Colorado and LA are big but their main rivals are Bay United.

FC Seattle's logo is in the shape of an emerald due to the team being in the "Emerald City" inside the emerald there is a S with FC in the loops. The logo is all green with a little white. The SFC logo in the center is based off the old Seattle Metropolitan's hockey logo.

The home kit is all dark green with some light green accents and white logos and numbers. There is a sublimated plaid design on the jersey in honor of the region they represent as well as to honor their fans who wear plaid religiously to matches. The away kit is a white jersey with dark green pants and white socks, the jersey features a center stripe that is dark green until the sponsor where it changes to light green. The third kit is blue with teal accents and pants; the space needle is on the front left of the jersey. This kit is meant to represent the ocean and industry in the city based on it.

lBcpAVU.png6TJvFFp.png

Archived