Graphics: What if Teams Could Never Change a Logo?

Graphics: What if Teams Could Never Change a Logo?

May 3, 2018 - 15:15 PM

Say, what would it look like if teams just weren’t allowed to change their logo? A scary idea, I know… especially for a fella like me. What we’d see is an interesting mix of design eras scattered across the board; […]

Read More...

Bulls look great, lol. 

Kidding aside, I'm digging the logos for the Cards and Royals. Missouri baseball lookin' retro and sharp. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Charlotte/New Orleans mess would be even more fun under this scenario.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That would be much cooler if the mothership didn’t have so many errors. 

Yeah.  So basically, "show the first logo of every team and match it with the city they play in now."

A better way to make the point would be to photoshop today's players in their franchises' original uniforms.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wouldn't the WHA logos count here?

Carolina

ny6jh5ebeegavpttesj7qp9hv.png

Edmonton

4ref6n01yweqg2zffqtm4vkwf.png

Quebec (the same as their first NHL logo)

i38f7n51eekhaudf9ifgsi1lh.png

Winnipeg

6ul3w51vtsahkei3f1gb.gif

And wouldn't the Stars actually be the Seals and the Sharks actually be the North Stars... or something.

4 hours ago, Ark said:

And wouldn't the Stars actually be the Seals and the Sharks actually be the North Stars... or something.

The Sharks would/should be the Seals, but the North Stars still remained to turn into the Stars a few years later.

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Sharks would/should be the Seals, but the North Stars still remained to turn into the Stars a few years later.

I think the Sharks would be the Sharks.

9 hours ago, Ark said:

The North Stars actually played against th Sharks so no.  I’d say nobody goes back to the Seals or Barons.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

19 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I think the Sharks would be the Sharks.

The North Stars actually played against th Sharks so no.  I’d say nobody goes back to the Seals or Barons.

I used to say it half-jokingly, but the Seals-Sharks connection is really too strong to completely ignore IMO.

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah.  So basically, "show the first logo of every team and match it with the city they play in now."

A better way to make the point would be to photoshop today's players in their franchises' original uniforms.  

That would be good.  It'd also be a lot more work.

But this... this just makes me mad.

nfl-early-season-team-logos-2-1-590x526.

That is not an old Packers logo.  It's about ten years old.  If that.

I, like many others, get a little nostalgic for the good ol' days but the majority of these logos would be out of place today.

POTD (Shared)

Archived