Full list of teams with neon colors?

6 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t understand the purpose of this thread if you already had another one that you yourself started that encompassed all the bright colored unis from before. Why make another thread?

Β 

Agreed, especially since we've already seen this one move into historical teams. Merging the two together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I wouldn't consider the Houston Oilers/Tennessee TitansΒ a bright-colored team. The shade of blue is more of a soft pastel, rather than neon, like the Carolina Panthers.

Yeah, I was gonna say something about that myself. I WOULD consider that uniform bright as opposed to dark, but it certainly isn't neon.

3 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Β 

Would Houston fans object to the Texans rebranding themselves as the Oilers 2.0? I wouldn't object. The original Oilers are the Titans after all.

Β 

I can never get over the beauty of sky blue, white and red.

Not from Houston and not a fan of either the Texans or the Titans, so take my opinion for what you will, but I'd be against this type of a move.

For starters, I think the Texans have a solid identity the way they are, the only real changes I'd make would be to make the red jerseys the primary homes and to wear red socks when they wear the blue pants. The Texans haveΒ established themselves for closing in on 20 years, there's no need to mess with them now. If the team had a bad logo and had several different jersey redesigns throughout their history, then it could be a different discussion. As is, they've had the same (good) uniform set since day one, errr whenever they decided to ditch the white helmet.Β 

Secondly, we don't need to make things any more confusing, historically speaking. I don't want another Browns/Ravens or Hornets/Bobcats/Pelicans situation where for some reason Deshaun Watson is being credited with passing Warren Moon on the franchise's all time passing yards list or something even though the franchise Moon played for is in Tennessee and Watson's team was founded in 2002. They're different teams. The Oilers are in Tennessee and are called the Titans now. They're gone and never coming back.

Β 

Of course, all of this is meaningless because the Oilers nickname is still owned by the Adams family and the NFL has decided that the name is retired, preventing any team from using it again, including both the Titans and Texans.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, jn8 said:

Not from Houston and not a fan of either the Texans or the Titans, so take my opinion for what you will, but I'd be against this type of a move.

For starters, I think the Texans have a solid identity the way they are, the only real changes I'd make would be to make the red jerseys the primary homes and to wear red socks when they wear the blue pants. The Texans haveΒ established themselves for closing in on 20 years, there's no need to mess with them now. If the team had a bad logo and had several different jersey redesigns throughout their history, then it could be a different discussion. As is, they've had the same (good) uniform set since day one, errr whenever they decided to ditch the white helmet.Β 

Secondly, we don't need to make things any more confusing, historically speaking. I don't want another Browns/Ravens or Hornets/Bobcats/Pelicans situation where for some reason Deshaun Watson is being credited with passing Warren Moon on the franchise's all time passing yards list or something even though the franchise Moon played for is in Tennessee and Watson's team was founded in 2002. They're different teams. The Oilers are in Tennessee and are called the Titans now. They're gone and never coming back.

Β 

Of course, all of this is meaningless because the Oilers nickname is still owned by the Adams family and the NFL has decided that the name is retired, preventing any team from using it again, including both the Titans and Texans.

Β 

I understand where you're coming from. For me personally, when a longtime franchise that has had many years of supportΒ and is suddenly yanked from that particular city because of typical pro sports capitalism, the name and history should remain in that city. I include the clubs that you listed. However, if a city gets "their team back" via relocation of another franchise, the original record book stays with the original club that moved - ie. NHL Jets 1.0/Coyotes & Thrashers/Jets 2.0. If the Wild(worst name in sports), decided to rebrand as "North Stars 2.0", then they should own the '67-'93 North Stars 1.0 history because they started off in Minnesota. That's why I hope the SuperSonics 2.0 come via expansion than relocation(unless OKC decided to move back home).

Β 

As for the Texans, it's a sharp brand. The red jerseys with the navy helmets would distinguish that team from other teams.Β 

• Like 2

Cleveland deals are a diseaseΒ to official record-keeping in sports. The fewer there are, the better. The real San JosΓ© Earthquakes are in Houston right now, while the Fake Quakes shouldn’tΒ have the right to the old team’s legacy.

Β 

The Wild are the Wild, they will never be the North Stars (also, if they were, they shouldn’t get the records - the same goes for a future Seattle basketball or MontrΓ©al baseball team). Let them live with their bad name, because it at least gave them a top-10 crest in the NHL.

Β 

The Texans are the Texans, they should NEVER be the Oilers (such an overrated identity that I’m glad is gone). The pastels really needed a contrasting color.Β 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Β 

I understand where you're coming from. For me personally, when a longtime franchise that has had many years of supportΒ and is suddenly yanked from that particular city because of typical pro sports capitalism, the name and history should remain in that city. I include the clubs that you listed. However, if a city gets "their team back" via relocation of another franchise, the original record book stays with the original club that moved - ie. NHL Jets 1.0/Coyotes & Thrashers/Jets 2.0. If the Wild(worst name in sports), decided to rebrand as "North Stars 2.0", then they should own the '67-'93 North Stars 1.0 history because they started off in Minnesota. That's why I hope the SuperSonics 2.0 come via expansion than relocation(unless OKC decided to move back home).

Β 

As for the Texans, it's a sharp brand. The red jerseys with the navy helmets would distinguish that team from other teams.Β 

No, the city does not own the team, the owner does and he has every right to do with his team what he pleases. Fans aren’t entitled to a teams identity no matter how connected they feel.Β 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dont care said:

No, the city does not own the team, the owner does and he has every right to do with his team what he pleases. Fans aren’t entitled to a teams identity no matter how connected they feel.Β 

Β 

Well, I'm going to strongly disagree with you. Maybe, ifΒ your hometown team movedΒ because of the owner's greed for πŸ’²greenerπŸ’²Β pastures, you might say different.Β 

OK, I've gone through several hundreds of schools, and while most of them are common and generic, there are a few that stand out.

Β 

University of Providence Argonauts

DSC_9167.JPG

Β 

Life University Running Eagles (since when do Eagles run???)

51163646_627144961073502_474545185186197

Β 

Allegany College Of Maryland Trojans

maxresdefault.jpg

Β 

Florida Southwestern Buccaneers

2.9.19.FSWBSB.jpg

Β 

I'm surprised how many teams had teal.Β  More than I thought.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really don’t know where to put this, but I guess this’ll work. I didn’t think it deserved it’s own thread, but I did want to share it here.Β IfΒ a mod wants to move it to a better placeΒ or whatever, do what you see fit.

Β I went to the nearby indoor football team’s preseason game last night, the Sioux City Bandits of the Champions Indoor Football.Β The team they played, the Sioux City Stampede (a semi-pro, unpaid, 11 man outdoor team who just wanted an exhibitionΒ game) had an interesting uniform:

CWarp8a.jpg

Bright yellow jerseys and accents on the helmet and pants. They kinda have a little bit of everything going on if you look for it. The Vikings’ helmet decals recolored and placed backwards to look like bull horns, the team name down the leg, the random rectangle outline on the pants, contrasting nameplates, and if you look closely (sorry I didn’t have a better picture), you can see that they have the Miami Dolphins’ number font. It’s not really a bad uniform, especially for a semi pro team, but it’s definitely an interesting jumble of borrowed elements and catalog ordered designs.Β 

• Like 1