IIHF World Championship Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

These jerseys are crap.  Canada is the only smart country.  They know they have a recognizable brand and aren't going to screw with it when they don't have to.  It's one thing if these jerseys were decent, but it's entirely another story when they look so ugly, with some countries just slapping on the country name with a tiny shield.  

Couple of things:

- Austria is not wearing what was posted. They are wearing the eagle front and center with "Austria" in red on the red jersey and white on the white jersey. Also there is no black on the red jersey, only on the numbers on the shoulders.

- Switzerland is now wearing white helmets instead of their usual black ones.

I hate hate hate that weird 3rd square stuff they have going on in the upper arm section. To me it is such an eyesore that I can't get passed it. It kills the looks. It doesn't belong anywhere on a hockey jersey and I'm not sure what it's supposed to represent or how it was ever approved

I like the Latvia look if they could fix the jagged edges

• 9 months later...

There is gonna be a tweak of Czech Republic jersey for this years IIHF Worlds, since they wish to bring the NIKE jersey closer to the CCM one they use for regular season internationals. Which are these below.

5b2e3a994b6d6e53de4a0200-258220.jpg?20185039482_.jpg

Archived