NBA G-League by Nike (First 5 Courts)

bucknut42

Hey all-

I have noticed a heavy lack of G-League concepts on the boards, and this is my attempt to produce a solid series of G-League concepts. As you all know, the NBA switched to Nike this year, and the G-League joined them as well. Similar to how Adidas did the D-League, Nike as created a jersey template and simply changes the word mark and colors of the jersey for each team. While yes, it is a developmental basketball league, I believe that the teams deserve to have their own identities and own set of uniforms. 

That being said, I have the first team of the series completed. I will be going in no particular order, so let's get this underway shall we?

Fort Wayne Mad Ants

The one requirement I have for the G-League teams is that they follow the colors of their parent team, and the Mad Ants are the first example of this. They are the Pacers affiliate, and they recently switched their colors to blue and yellow. So here is the logo set and uniforms for the Mad Ants. 

me7eVW6.png

The logos are fairly self-explanatory, although the alternate logo needs a little clarification. Fort Wayne is called "Summit City", so the mountain in the W is symbolic of that name.

zx2StzO.png 

Agr3mXt.png

The one thing I wanted to do about the G-League uniforms is move the advertiser from the front bottom to the back. I feel like it cleans up the jersey and makes it look better as well. 

So here's the first team, I'll have a second one tonight possibly but if not, it will be tomorrow morning. C&C appreciated as always. 

spacer.png

Hopefully I can get some more C&C on the Mad Ants, but here's the next team i decided to do.

Rio Grande Vipers

Formerly the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, I dropped valley from the name and shortened it. I also decided to break my one rule of making each team follow their parent club colors, and you can see that here. The Vipers get the old Rockets treatment, red and yellow as their colors. 

XFeY2O6.png

And onto the uniforms:

v08ESH5.png

P8ecVPV.png

Hopefully you all like it! C&C for both teams posted greatly appreciated. I will have a new EXPANSION TEAM tonight. Thanks for looking!

spacer.png

The Vipers look great but that region never refers to itself as Rio Grande or RG. Everything is Rio Grande Valley or RGV. Frequently it’s called the Valley, and only outsiders call it Rio Grande. 

(I lived there for five years and would know.)

17 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The Vipers look great but that region never refers to itself as Rio Grande or RG. Everything is Rio Grande Valley or RGV. Frequently it’s called the Valley, and only outsiders call it Rio Grande. 

(I lived there for five years and would know.)

Very True @BJ Sands!  I was born in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) & still live here in the Valley to this day. Nobody from here ever calls it or would ever call it just Rio Grande (RG).

5 hours ago, Whittier S said:

The way the V and I merge together in the primary logo makes it look like the Cyrillic letter И.

Also the N in Grande looks more like a K

tinysig.jpg

With the new (to me) information about RGV, I have updated the logo sheet and uniforms to reflect the name change. The road uniform has the most major change, the home is simply a logo change on the shorts. typO75v.png

tvpP2A7.png

J1L0cya.png

The next team is not quite finished, as I basically scrapped everything I had right before I was ready to post it. Hopefully should be up tomorrow sometime. We shall see. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, bucknut42 said:

With the new (to me) information about RGV, I have updated the logo sheet and uniforms to reflect the name change. The road uniform has the most major change, the home is simply a logo change on the shorts. typO75v.png

tvpP2A7.png

J1L0cya.png

The next team is not quite finished, as I basically scrapped everything I had right before I was ready to post it. Hopefully should be up tomorrow sometime. We shall see. 

There ya go. Well done. I know fitting Rio Grande Valley is tough, but you did it successfully. 

(The old Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees hockey team had what’s believed to be the longest name in sports history.)

Sorry for the long break, I have been so busy lately, but I finally found the time to finish the first expansion team. The New Orleans Pelicans do not have a G-League team, and now they do. 

Louisiana Gators

The team would be based in Shreveport, and since they're in Louisiana and belong to the Pelicans, I tried a Mardi Gras color scheme, but the purple and green and yellow just didn't work in my mind. So I dropped the purple and added a darker shade of green to the green and yellow. jhEbiMp.png

The home uniform is self explanatory, except for the jersey sides. It's hard to see on this template, but it's supposed to be an alligator tail that meets with the shorts stripe. Same goes for the road jersey. 

HahC1eD.png

NBpAZuV.png

So here it is, the first expansion team in the NBA G-League! I have a team done, but I'm not sure if I want to post them yet or try another team. Another team will be up tonight, regardless of if I make a new team or use the one I have done already.

spacer.png

I’m liking how these concepts are looking for the most part, however:

For a secondary on the Gators, try doing this style of logo (http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/6078/Toronto_Raptors/1996/Alternate_Logo)

Maybe try some sublimated scales on either the RGV or Gators striping

Put the affiliate logo on the shorts on the Gators

That's what- She

While I work on the changes to Louisiana, I have the reigning champions ready to go. 

Austin Toros

The Toros existed from 2004-2014 until they took on the name of their parent club. Personally, I like the name Toros better so that makes a return here. 

0s49Ui1.png

The home uniform is simple and gets the job done. The underarm striping is meant to resemble a bulls horns, as with the road. 

DChAu4z.png

nO6HGfi.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Archived