NBA G-League by Nike (First 5 Courts)

bucknut42

On 5/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, bucknut42 said:

Sorry for the long break, I have been so busy lately, but I finally found the time to finish the first expansion team. The New Orleans Pelicans do not have a G-League team, and now they do. 

Louisiana Gators

The team would be based in Shreveport, and since they're in Louisiana and belong to the Pelicans, I tried a Mardi Gras color scheme, but the purple and green and yellow just didn't work in my mind. So I dropped the purple and added a darker shade of green to the green and yellow. jhEbiMp.png

The home uniform is self explanatory, except for the jersey sides. It's hard to see on this template, but it's supposed to be an alligator tail that meets with the shorts stripe. Same goes for the road jersey. 

HahC1eD.png

NBpAZuV.png

So here it is, the first expansion team in the NBA G-League! I have a team done, but I'm not sure if I want to post them yet or try another team. Another team will be up tonight, regardless of if I make a new team or use the one I have done already.

Not sure if the good folks of Lousiana would warm to a new team called the Gators, especially as of late, but great concept regardless

As a Spurs fan, I really dig to Toros identity, especially the alternate Texas logo. Definitely retains the feel of the parent club while differentiating itself enough to stand out. Maybe fiesta colors? Great work either way!

Austin looks a lot better with its own brand as the Toros. I think it would be even better with another, Austin-specific color (a fiesta color like @TheAdmiral suggested or maybe a copper or orange to appeal to UT fans).

Also I'd replace the vertical line and top curved line of the basketball in the Texas outline secondary logo with the horned T you've done, to make that logo a bit less generic.

Excellent work! Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody! 

I have been very busy and this project fell by the wayside, but I have recently found some free time (and some motivation) and have started the next team. Unfortunately, I am having some trouble tying together the primary logo. I'm working on Raptors 905, and here's what I have so far. 

5RSwtFK.png

I cannot figure out how to turn the dinosaur into a primary logo, because I feel that the animal itself doesn't work as a stand alone. So what do you guys think I could do to tie this together?

spacer.png

I'm a bit bummed that you don't have a full rebrand for this team (like what you did with Austin), but it'll be a fun challenge to find something unique with the current brand.

36 minutes ago, bucknut42 said:

I cannot figure out how to turn the dinosaur into a primary logo, because I feel that the animal itself doesn't work as a stand alone. So what do you guys think I could do to tie this together?

I think there ought to be more Mississauga aspects to this team, so the logo could be the raptor's head inside the Mississauga city outline (like the current secondary)...

6335_raptors_905-alternate-2016.png

Or you could use the multi-colored shield from the Mississauga flag. Maybe put a flat, silhouette dinosaur in the blue top section, and 905 or the M where the gear is...

447px-Flag_of_Mississauga.svg.png

Either way, I'd consider renaming the team to the Mississauga Dinosaurs (or just the 'Saurs). IMO, "Raptors 905" is one of the worst names for a minor-league affiliate.

You could also do something with the lighthouse from the flag; apparently that's a Mississauga landmark.

These are all really good. The Mad Ants is amazing compared to the real-life one. Yours is actually mad, while the real-life one looks sad lmao.

My thoughts on the Toros: Remove that lower horn on the bull, it's out of proportion and looks off, you really don't need it there and I think that would improve the look 10 fold. Also I think the white underneath the head could be filled in with the grey, just my personal preference.

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently found some motivation, so I finally finished the updated Raptors 905 team. The name has been changed to the Mississauga Dinosaurs, and here is everything for them! C&C appreciated as always. 

IIgxJBZ.png

ChuSDgD.png

v4TMYgt.png

I will be creating courts as well for the teams I have completed, so that will probably be the next addition to this thread.

spacer.png

The outline of the dinosaur's head is a bit awkward with all the random spikes, and I find it a little bit strange that the wordmark on the logo sheet is different than the uniforms.

Other than that, it looks good. I like the side stripes, though I'd consider making them longer. Glad you changed the name.

I look forward to seeing more!

Got the first five team's courts done. The goal is to keep them simple, because most teams share an arena with other sports franchises, but I also tried to find some things that could add character. Any ideas or things to add would be appreciated.

O3PnVGd.png

yYdTGFT.png

BWdk5ao.png

weUQfZY.png

WZCPZpi.png

spacer.png

Archived