Teams that won a championship with their best uniform set

Ark

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/6/2018 at 11:56 AM, Ark said:

My favorite example of this is the 2001 Diamondbacks.

unit0014.jpg

19825377839_208910f9f5_o.jpg

635609756256235313-303-curt.jpg

hi-res-b9e100ce9bb67817634bb23720b4bf80_

Nothing they try is going to improve on that set. Hopefully one day they go back to it.

They got rid of the road uniform in the first Curt Schilling picture after the 2000 season and replaced it with the one in the last picture.  But I agree, that was the best the Diamondbacks ever looked.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:08 AM, whitedawg22 said:

I think this basic design was much improved by darkening both the burgundy and gold. The color balance is much better.

Mark_Brunell_1.jpg

Did they actually darken the colors or is it just the lighting in the picture?  If they did then I agree.

11 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

Did they actually darken the colors or is it just the lighting in the picture?  If they did then I agree.

I think they actually did, whether it was an "official" change or not. To give another example, compare Joe Theismann in the dark jersey to Kirk Cousins last year:

00be9b04abe85f4ff4d8b822e6450e82--redskiredskins-giants__football_58948_c0-169-4

Browsing through Google image search, there are a few shots where the early-80s jersey looks darker, and a few where the current jersey looks lighter, but on average, the burgundy and gold on the current jersey are both noticeably darker.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Yeah, but look at those two photos.  One is bright sunlight, the other an overcast day.  One was taken on film, the other surely digital.  The jersey materials were also changed in between, from shiny to matte.

I don't doubt that they did change the color, but those pictures aren't evidence either way.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, but look at those two photos.  One is bright sunlight, the other an overcast day.  One was taken on film, the other surely digital.  The jersey materials were also changed in between, from shiny to matte.

I don't doubt that they did change the color, but those pictures aren't evidence either way.

Went to the best source, our old friend Donovan/Colorwerx's site.

They did change over time, three different burgundys since 1972, and it is darker now:

8v2MMr9.png

It is what it is.

1970's Cincinnati Reds. Doesn't hurt that the Big Red Machine was one of the greatest teams of all time and won back to back World Series. A classic look that they should adapt to the modern button down jerseys and bring back.

Image result for 1975 cincinnati reds

Image result for 1970's cincinnati reds

On 5/9/2018 at 3:08 PM, flyersfan said:

2008 Phillies. Its there current look but its unique, has stood the test of time and actually pretty awesome, I especially love the numbers.

Couldn't disagree more if you said 2+2=5.  The number font is childish at best, and I don't think the uniform has stood the test of time at all - especially the road uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived