Ark

Teams that won a championship with their best uniform set

Recommended Posts

The 1991 and 1987 Minnesota Twins

umyRBi5.jpg

The uniform is the same as the one they just scrapped a few years ago but the hat is what pushes it over. I love that hat (the logo also kinda looks like the dome too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 5:06 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

For Chelsea this was 2008-09, with the beautiful collars.

 

Frank+Lampard+Chelsea+v+Burnley+Carling+

 

(They broke these uniforms out early, for the 2008 Champions League Final; but, unfortunately, they didn't win.)

 

20120517-074838.jpg

As great as these looked, I preferred the 2017 kit to these. The stripes down the side instead of the shoulders helped it feel less Adidas crap and more striping.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

The 1991 and 1987 Minnesota Twins

umyRBi5.jpg

The uniform is the same as the one they just scrapped a few years ago but the hat is what pushes it over. I love that hat (the logo also kinda looks like the dome too).

 

f2207dab69a41cb22756a4a6c0df35fc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

The 1991 and 1987 Minnesota Twins

umyRBi5.jpg

The uniform is the same as the one they just scrapped a few years ago but the hat is what pushes it over. I love that hat (the logo also kinda looks like the dome too).

First page :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My picks for a few Super Bowl winners. 

 

qFnWqfr.jpg

 

3G8rE5Q.jpg

 

kGG8fpU.jpg

 

FWIW, the Vikings lost two of these Super Bowls wearing their best road set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 12:38 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

mfinal-finbacks-bin.jpg

ROSA2286-01-2.jpg

Dallas-Stars-Green-Jersey-1997-2006.jpg

9-1990-New-York-Giants-Copy-2.jpg

 

 

Agree with Dolphins, except they looked better with teal facemasks. The Stars had a clever design, one of the best of the late-90s/early aughts, but it's just too dark for my tastes - either a lighter shave of green or more gold, or both, would have looked better. My favorite Heat set will forever be their Mourning-Hardaway look, when they still had the original home and road and had added that awesome red alternate that will forever be a fave of mine. That Giants' set was good but generic. I've really come to like their current one better, from the metal-flake helmet to the quirky red-heavy road jerseys. The GIANTS version might have the current beat for home jersey though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

111d9602c54f1333e087c26f73634de6.jpg

The Argos wore this look in their 1983 Grey Cup championship. As far as the Argos' looks go, this is as good as it gets. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 9:43 PM, greyraven8 said:

 

 

9062510.jpg?size=640x420

 

 

This is a crazy picture... are those two Blue Bombers 8 ft. tall, or is the little guy 4 ft. tall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, infrared41 said:

My picks for a few Super Bowl winners. 

 

qFnWqfr.jpg

 

3G8rE5Q.jpg

 

kGG8fpU.jpg

 

FWIW, the Vikings lost two of these Super Bowls wearing their best road set. 

 

Really love my Jets white on white with the striped socks. I really hope they bring back that exact SB 3 look with the football shaped logo and go with a white facemask. I loved our look vs the Jaguars this year at home. Just lighten up the green and footbalize the logo

 

856384596.0.jpg

 

usa_today_10320824.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Agree with Dolphins, except they looked better with teal facemasks. The Stars had a clever design, one of the best of the late-90s/early aughts, but it's just too dark for my tastes - either a lighter shave of green or more gold, or both, would have looked better. My favorite Heat set will forever be their Mourning-Hardaway look, when they still had the original home and road and had added that awesome red alternate that will forever be a fave of mine. That Giants' set was good but generic. I've really come to like their current one better, from the metal-flake helmet to the quirky red-heavy road jerseys. The GIANTS version might have the current beat for home jersey though.

 

The Giants fans I know definitely clamor for the GIANTS uni's however generic they were I think they epitomized a tough blue collar defensive teams. And the blue jerseys had enough pop to them to not be boring. Didn't like their road look though. Kind of drab. Always wondered how the 80's Giants would've looked with blue or silver/grey pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

michael-jordan-chicago-bulls-1-620x506.j

 

pistons-2004-champs.jpg?itok=6O_w5k0n

 

886040590_o.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

 

 

 

886040590_o.jpg

 

 

 

#2 on my list of the greatest professional basketball uniforms. That Bullets set was awesome. The only basketball uniform I like better is the Dr. J era Nets.

 

6d1be05ef53915cb5dd3b22a42ba0d6e--nba-pifdfd2238b37ff13d0baa53fdd53d4e6c.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, ProfessorBigShots said:

The 1991 and 1987 Minnesota Twins

umyRBi5.jpg

The uniform is the same as the one they just scrapped a few years ago but the hat is what pushes it over. I love that hat (the logo also kinda looks like the dome too).

Image result for nation of domination

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a team that has won a championship in every version of their uniform?  Lakers, Yankees?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

 

I like that Pistons look. Nothing against it. Would just give the edge to the below which I feel looks more refined

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT17cX8Feg_nKznC76Eb1W

 

rodman.jpg

 

I prefer the other one because it has the horse logo

 

rasheed-wallace-and-ben-wallace-of-the-d

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

rodman.jpg

1988 Game 6:  Foul on Laimbeer my a**.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now