Teams that won a championship with their best uniform set

Ark

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2018 at 5:06 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

For Chelsea this was 2008-09, with the beautiful collars.

Frank+Lampard+Chelsea+v+Burnley+Carling+

(They broke these uniforms out early, for the 2008 Champions League Final; but, unfortunately, they didn't win.)

20120517-074838.jpg

As great as these looked, I preferred the 2017 kit to these. The stripes down the side instead of the shoulders helped it feel less Adidas crap and more striping.

32 minutes ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

The 1991 and 1987 Minnesota Twins

umyRBi5.jpg

The uniform is the same as the one they just scrapped a few years ago but the hat is what pushes it over. I love that hat (the logo also kinda looks like the dome too).

f2207dab69a41cb22756a4a6c0df35fc.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 5/8/2018 at 12:38 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

mfinal-finbacks-bin.jpg

ROSA2286-01-2.jpg

Dallas-Stars-Green-Jersey-1997-2006.jpg

9-1990-New-York-Giants-Copy-2.jpg

Agree with Dolphins, except they looked better with teal facemasks. The Stars had a clever design, one of the best of the late-90s/early aughts, but it's just too dark for my tastes - either a lighter shave of green or more gold, or both, would have looked better. My favorite Heat set will forever be their Mourning-Hardaway look, when they still had the original home and road and had added that awesome red alternate that will forever be a fave of mine. That Giants' set was good but generic. I've really come to like their current one better, from the metal-flake helmet to the quirky red-heavy road jerseys. The GIANTS version might have the current beat for home jersey though.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, infrared41 said:

My picks for a few Super Bowl winners. 

qFnWqfr.jpg

3G8rE5Q.jpg

kGG8fpU.jpg

FWIW, the Vikings lost two of these Super Bowls wearing their best road set. 

Really love my Jets white on white with the striped socks. I really hope they bring back that exact SB 3 look with the football shaped logo and go with a white facemask. I loved our look vs the Jaguars this year at home. Just lighten up the green and footbalize the logo

856384596.0.jpg

usa_today_10320824.0.jpg

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Agree with Dolphins, except they looked better with teal facemasks. The Stars had a clever design, one of the best of the late-90s/early aughts, but it's just too dark for my tastes - either a lighter shave of green or more gold, or both, would have looked better. My favorite Heat set will forever be their Mourning-Hardaway look, when they still had the original home and road and had added that awesome red alternate that will forever be a fave of mine. That Giants' set was good but generic. I've really come to like their current one better, from the metal-flake helmet to the quirky red-heavy road jerseys. The GIANTS version might have the current beat for home jersey though.

The Giants fans I know definitely clamor for the GIANTS uni's however generic they were I think they epitomized a tough blue collar defensive teams. And the blue jerseys had enough pop to them to not be boring. Didn't like their road look though. Kind of drab. Always wondered how the 80's Giants would've looked with blue or silver/grey pants

18 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

886040590_o.jpg

#2 on my list of the greatest professional basketball uniforms. That Bullets set was awesome. The only basketball uniform I like better is the Dr. J era Nets.

6d1be05ef53915cb5dd3b22a42ba0d6e--nba-pifdfd2238b37ff13d0baa53fdd53d4e6c.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

14 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I like that Pistons look. Nothing against it. Would just give the edge to the below which I feel looks more refined

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT17cX8Feg_nKznC76Eb1W

rodman.jpg

I prefer the other one because it has the horse logo

rasheed-wallace-and-ben-wallace-of-the-d

Archived