Teams that won a championship with their best uniform set

Ark

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I appreciated the quirk of the 76ers being a blue/red team at home and red/blue on the road. 

I hated it.  Their home games were only on pay TV, so I only got to see road games.  When I'd see highlights of the home games on the news, it made me feel like I wasn't even watching the same team, since they looked so different.  Also, maybe it was the materials, or a side effect of the blue number outline, but they didn't look "bright" red, they looked super dull to me.  

For as classy, classic, and regal as they looked at home, they looked garish on the road.

Sixers%2088-89%20Home%20Jersey%20Hersey%  vs Sixers%2088-89%20Road%20Jersey%20Hersey%

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So, if the Golden Knights win the Stanley Cup, do they automatically fit in this category?  And the other category?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

cflma1977opt1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1475787618

Going north of the border again, the Montreal Alouettes won the 1974 and 1977 Grey Cups in these beauties. (The one thing that bothers me, is the lack of TV numbers on the sleeves; they would add them in 1979, before moving them up to the shoulder pad in 1980 to make way for that Alouettes triangle logo).

UBwef0L.png

On 5/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, Ark said:

I prefer the other one because it has the horse logo

rasheed-wallace-and-ben-wallace-of-the-d

As a Laker fan, this one stings.That was supposed to be the 4 peat. Karl and Gary were supposed to get their rings, and we were gonna get our 4th in a row. This is the team I think about when I hear ESPN analysts not understanding why or how the Warriors can be complacent. Teams get tired and teams get complacent when they get used to winning, and it suck's for their fan's.

6 hours ago, O.C.D said:

As a Laker fan, this one stings.That was supposed to be the 4 peat. Karl and Gary were supposed to get their rings, and we were gonna get our 4th in a row. This is the team I think about when I hear ESPN analysts not understanding why or how the Warriors can be complacent. Teams get tired and teams get complacent when they get used to winning, and it suck's for their fan's.

Complacency is part of the problem, but those Lakers also just weren't that good, and ran into a team that was. Payton and Malone were ancient and merely average, and the Lakers' next-best player after those four was... Devean George? Rick Fox?  That team was so top-heavy, and the top two hated each other and already had pocketed three rings.

Also, it wouldn't have been a four-peat - the Spurs won the year before that.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 5/31/2018 at 2:34 PM, leopard88 said:

So, if the Golden Knights win the Stanley Cup, do they automatically fit in this category?  And the other category?

I was thinking the same thing, because when they do get to showing off a new uniform set, they have nowhere to go but up right?

11 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Complacency is part of the problem, but those Lakers also just weren't that good, and ran into a team that was. Payton and Malone were ancient and merely average, and the Lakers' next-best player after those four was... Devean George? Rick Fox?  That team was so top-heavy, and the top two hated each other and already had pocketed three rings.

Also, it wouldn't have been a four-peat - the Spurs won the year before that.

You are correct, I forgot about the Spurs the year before. I'll always look back and say that if Shaq and Kobe could've gotten along and both been motivated 100% to win, they had enough talent to beat Detroit. The Pistons played better when it counted and they deserved the ring that year. It was a hard pill to swallow though.

GettyImages-51710285-768x498.jpg

Enough said.

EDIT: Hadn't even checked the beginning of this thread, dangit. But in my opinion, these are definitely worth listing twice.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

On 5/6/2018 at 7:44 PM, Ark said:

2015-16 Cavaliers

lebron5.jpg

lebron-james-gambled-on-his-future-and-i

lebron-home-page.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

maxresdefault.jpg

Maaan, sometimes I feel so alone in the "I love these" club.

9 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Maaan, sometimes I feel so alone in the "I love these" club.

The primaries are my favorite primaries of all time.  The yellow alt was a great compliment.  Unfortunately the blue and black uniforms were consistently worn, marring the look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 6/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, OnWis97 said:

The primaries are my favorite primaries of all time.  The yellow alt was a great compliment.  Unfortunately the blue and black uniforms were consistently worn, marring the look.

Agree with you on the black and blue.  The other three did a really good job of taking some classic ideas and melding them into a great modern set.  I don't care for the "CAVS" wordmark on the yellow alt, but the other two were great.  Not only are the Finals really boring now, but the Cavs can't even do us a favor and look good (or the Dubs for that matter when they wear anthracite).

On 5/26/2018 at 7:37 PM, colortv said:

I love this Cavs uni, which doesn't seem to get much notice:

LeBron-James.jpg

LeBron-James-Cleveland-Cavaliers-jersey-

Well technically those are both pictures from the 09-10 season, and below are the more recent version with stripes to match the rest of the set. I absolutely agree that these are great though, either one. Puts the original colors on a classic design and has a proper balance with white, unlike the road jerseys. The older one are slightly better IMO.

lebron-james-c4d743c3e85028d0.jpg

Archived