Crosstown Classic Logo Concept

TheScottyZ

This is pretty sweet, for a first concept especially. The idea to sandwich the six-point stars between the Crosstown and Classic is an excellent one, and is the simplest way to bring up the location without saying "Hey, by the way, CHICAGO!!!", which I think is a good thing. The brands are identifiable enough on their own so avoiding the clutter is great. Also love the fact that you outlined the logos and didn't just slap them on there, the realistic grain and highlights on the bats, and the way the stars line up with 1st and 3rd base (simple perfections like that make me happy).  There are a few things I would do, however:

- Like Zeus said, the font isn't perfect. I would choose a more college like, sporty block font, hovering around generic. There don't need to be any frills with Chicago baseball, and rounded edges sorta fit into that category. I'd just keep the text straight as well.

- Lessen the detail on the bats. One of the most important parts of making a sports logo is making sure to stay in the same degree of detail. Therefore to follow the simplicity of the main portion of the logo, I would make the grain marks a little bit thicker and anywhere you have the couple really thin marks, I would attach them but still have them separate at the end to come to two points. I'd also change the highlights to plain white.

- Change the shade of blue. The blue on the field is slightly different than the shade on the Cubs logo.

- Keep all four stars equidistant.

Just a few changes to keep most of what you have intact, but clean up what needs it. Great start though, like it a lot!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

25zhzz8.jpg

Thanks for the replies! 

I have made some updates:

1. Updated the font for a more "sport" feel

2. Toned down the detail on the bats
3. Fixed the distance between the Stars 
4. Changed the blue color on the left side of the field to match the Cubs Logo

Let me know what you think!

Really, really love the flag as the diamond idea. Not a huge fan of the cartoony bats. I understand the light blue is a city flag color, but I'd experiment with it a little.

The font is hard to read for me, mostly because of color choice.  The baby blue and white are too close and strain the eyes a bit.  I'd suggest swapping one of them for a darker tone, or maybe just adding an extra outline in a darker color between the blue and white to create some space.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived