2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

All teams in white won this weekend. Begs question of next week whether home teams opt for white at home. 

No it doesn't. Football teams aren't uniform geeks like we all are.

It's where I sit.

Saints and Rams both might wear white next week. Saints beat the eagles earlier this year in white (it was color rush though and I don't think they can wear that in the playoffs). Meanwhile the Rams may or may not be able to wear the throwback blue uniforms 

If the Rams can wear their throwbacks boy would that look good under the lights against the Cowboys.But....wearing the all white uni and making Dallas wear the Blue jerseys might be just as good a matchup.Don't think the Saints will change from all black but black and gold pants would be nice.

29 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The league approved the Rams formerly known throwbacks as their primary uniform, right?

It's the OFFICIAL HOME UNIFORM. I'm surprised how many people haven't caught onto that back when it was announced before the start of the season.

However, since they are playing the Cowboys there's a good chance that they will wear white for this game.

bSLCtu2.png

43 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It's the OFFICIAL HOME UNIFORM. I'm surprised how many people haven't caught onto that back when it was announced before the start of the season.

I swear I see this conversation at least once a week. “What would the Rams wear in the Super Bowl?” “What about the playoffs?” “Will they ask for an exception?” “Would the league make them wear throwbacks so the game looks better?” “When will the Rams wear their navy jerseys?”

Every time the Rams are mentioned. The league gave them a pass. Royal is the primary color jersey. When they wear color, they wear the throwbacks. 

12 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't those the rules already in place before 2013? I say this because the Seahawks in 2002 were going to wear Blue at home, and Silver on the road, but the NFL said no. That's why they had the poll to pick which helmet to wear.

I don’t know for certain, but I think they kiboshed the Seattle two helmet plan because they viewed it as “two primary helmets”, and in a league where the helmet is as iconic and representable as the logo, I see where they might’ve  been leading.  

That Eagles Saints game could be phenomenal, but instead it is gonna be absolutely pitiful with Philly in all-white with NO in all black. That's why I wanted Chicago to win. Bears Rams would've been nice and Cowboys Saints would've been far better than Eagles Saints.

Something I've noticed that not many people probably have is that all the teams that won this weekend play at the same time next week. Interesting.

Also, people need to chill with the "this team might wear white cuz this" argument. The Saints are not wearing white at home in the playoffs. Just because they beat Philly in white Color Rush doesn't mean they can't beat them in black. That superstitious way of thinking seems to come when a team LOST in a certain combo and wants to change it up. And I don't see why the league would allow the Rams to wear throwback all season and then say they must wear their hideous mismatched uniforms in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, Froob said:

Chargers Patriots is a great uniform matchup, why the complaining?

It's the best possible uniform match-up under the circumstances, but it is not great. I wouldn't say it's awful either, but both uniforms have issues and are inferior to other uniforms they have worn.

spacer.png

14 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Saints and Rams both might wear white next week. Saints beat the eagles earlier this year in white (it was color rush though and I don't think they can wear that in the playoffs). Meanwhile the Rams may or may not be able to wear the throwback blue uniforms 

The RAMS will NOT be wearing white against the Cowboys, and I have no idea where on Earth you're getting such erroneous information on that. 

The 'throwbacks' as many call them are no longer alternates, they ARE the primary uniforms.  The only reason the white jersey set was worn for the first two LA Coliseum home games was due to the September heat.

This is what was announced just prior to the start of the 2018 season when the RAMS received their league approval on their second attempt.:

(At Dallas) It was the first time the Rams wore those dark jerseys with the new white-horned helmets, which was a change made for the 2017 season. Needless to say, the look was not well received by fans as Twitter erupted by ripping the Rams for even considering that uniform combination.

Fortunately, that look won’t see the light of day again. The Rams have announced that their new primary “color” uniforms are now the (royal) blue and yellow throwbacks, which they’ll wear for five home games in 2018. They were granted permission to wear them as much as they wanted, but they’ll wear white for the first two home games to minimize the impact of the sun and heat.

Hopefully . . . we can now put this never-ending issue pertaining to the RAMS uniforms  right down the Johnny Flusher. 

* * *  SOURCE:  The Sports Wire (appl)

Archived