2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2019 at 8:35 PM, CitizenTino said:

I’ll never understand why the Rams changed to the white horns/facemask and single-stripe pants for their non-throwback uniform sets. It just looks so disjointed from the gold-trimmed jerseys, which have remained unchanged from St. Louis. Either overhaul the whole set or wait to overhaul the whole set until you move into the new stadium.

Because they let social media decide...

39 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

So, Nike can do nice number fonts and traditional Pant Stripes for Pro Bowl Uniforms, but not for Full-Fledged Team Sets? It makes no sense...

Nothing about what nike does in regards to team sports uniforms makes sense. Its beyond frustrating. 

Also what if for the pro bowl the nfl went the way nba did for a few years and have teams where their standard uniforms . One year AFC white NFC color and vice versa the year after.

47 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

So, Nike can do nice number fonts and traditional Pant Stripes for Pro Bowl Uniforms, but not for Full-Fledged Team Sets? It makes no sense...

It’s almost as if Nike is only part of the equation...

Obviously the NFL (Pro Bowl) and the teams have a say in their respective designs.  

This was the best Rams look.  Convince me otherwise. 

If I wanted to see Blue & Maize, I'd watch Michigan. 

kurt.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=0

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

They’re more Delaware (Joe Flacco-era) than Michigan from a color standpoint. And aside from having primarily blue helmets with yellow horns/wings, their uniforms are considerably different.

Michigan’s jerseys are dark blue with yellow numbers and no other notable design on the jersey or yellow pants, while the Rams are royal blue with yellow numbers/horns on the sleeves and their yellow pants have stripes.

This might be a little off topic but is it just me or is NFL Shop/Fanatics terrible for jerseys ?? There's usually never good selection (especially for defensive players) and today I was curious to see if they had rams super bowl jerseys, which they do, but they're isn't a single Men's royal blue it's all the old navy blue: https://imgur.com/a/4qHa7dp

Anyways rant over, this is going to be a really good looking super bowl, thank GOD its not the patriots navy blue vs rams whites.

I know I am in the minority but I like the blue and white helmets. Obviously the problem is the aged jersey with gold. Get a new blue and white jersey set and be done. Maybe yellow swooshes and alternate yellow socks. Then the royal and yellow can stay a beloved alt to be worn maybe three times a year. 

I also like the blue and white helmets. The simplicity of those two colors works well for Penn State, and I think it could for the Rams, too. Bright lights of Hollywood in a dark night kind of vibe. It’s just hard to separate them from yellow, so I do like the idea of a throwback alternate sticking around in that case. 

Archived