2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

On 8/25/2018 at 8:48 AM, goforbroke said:

@canzman everything looks right for P4 except Baltimore is also wearing white at home. 

In week 1, one team is busting out color rush right away. Another team is wearing a color alt.  I don’t really pay attention to what teams have announced their uniform schedule so this might already be out there.   

this is the kind kind of stuff I can share if you think it’s helpful but it’s not much. 

Also- pants aren’t on the schedule only jersey color.  So I have no clue what pants teams are wearing 

I like the guessing game. So I'd say keep sharing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

It is all but certain that Tennessee will be the team in the color alternate since they've worn light blue in Miami each of the past 2 seasons. The color rush team is quite a mystery though. I think it could be Minnesota or Indy at home in the dome.

Stefon Diggs was talking about wearing all-purple again this year (yuck) on twitter earlier this summer. So I'd expect them to do it at least once this year, IDK about Week 1 though. Hopefully they go all white at least once too.

On 8/25/2018 at 5:48 AM, goforbroke said:

@canzman everything looks right for P4 except Baltimore is also wearing white at home. 

In week 1, one team is busting out color rush right away. Another team is wearing a color alt.  I don’t really pay attention to what teams have announced their uniform schedule so this might already be out there.   

this is the kind kind of stuff I can share if you think it’s helpful but it’s not much. 

Also- pants aren’t on the schedule only jersey color.  So I have no clue what pants teams are wearing 

One guess is the Giants. The other is the Saints.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:13 AM, Gupti said:

The Panthers combo was, uhh.. interesting. It kinda looked a bit awkwardly stuck between being a home uniform and a road uniform. Regardless, I really like the idea of teams experimenting liberally with their combos in the preaseason; they’re not real games, so why be stuck with real combos? It’s something that could make the preseason feel more like it’s just the preseason, even if they might get a little ugly (although what the Jags have been wearing is what should already be there normal home combo, no ifs, ands, or buts.)

^^ This!

on TV it didn't stand out as a great combination, but fun for preseason.  glad to see the P4 @ Pit game returns to the all whites w Steelers in black and gold (call me a traditionalist).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:51 PM, lordholmes said:

mqiqxoo58bsxnml8mwnl.jpg

I'm glad the new owner David Tepper is letting the team try some new uniform combos. I have a feeling the Panthers will get at the very least, a uniform overhaul in the next few years.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wear these black pants with their white jerseys for at least one of their first three regular season dates at BoA Stadium

usatsi_11132416.jpg?w=1000&h=640

I'm really hoping this white over navy look is just a preseason thing and doesn't become their standard road look. This team looks too much like the Seahawks from the broadcast view with this navy-heavy, futuristic look that clearly needs more of the light Titan blue overall. After all, the Titans are known for their "two-toned blue," yet the only notable light blue we really see is under the shoulders, which is blocked by the players arms most of the time anyway. And the two shades of gray/silver on the pants are pretty pointless and could easily be silver and light blue instead. Light blue socks would also look a lot better. There's so much potential with this new set but I feel that it's wasted with combos like this.

I really, really hope its not the Eagles

YVRMUBj.png

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

usatsi_11132416.jpg?w=1000&h=640

I'm really hoping this white over navy look is just a preseason thing and doesn't become their standard road look. This team looks too much like the Seahawks from the broadcast view with this navy-heavy, futuristic look that clearly needs more of the light Titan blue overall. After all, the Titans are known for their "two-toned blue," yet the only notable light blue we really see is under the shoulders, which is blocked by the players arms most of the time anyway. And the two shades of gray/silver on the pants are pretty pointless and could easily be silver and light blue instead. Light blue socks would also look a lot better. There's so much potential with this new set but I feel that it's wasted with combos like this.

I can't even say that there's potential there because I don't think that there's a single element that couldn't be improved by reverting it to what they had last. I've got nothing nice to say about the TennesSeattle TightHawks.

Btw, anyone who can look at this photo and still wants to say that a number outline "adds needed color" can bite me.

9 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

After all, the Titans are known for their "two-toned blue," yet the only notable light blue we really see is under the shoulders, which is blocked by the players arms most of the time anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Titans owner iterate that they'd be going the navy route with Columbia as more an accent? If that's true then the uniforms they're wearing make sense.

Looking at the uniform in that photo and live gameplay though, they clearly made a mistake with these (I mean, it was evident from day one, but it's just exacerbated here).

NSFCvyu.png

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's probably the Lions or Broncos.

The Broncos are wearing their color rush against the Steelers, the navy blue against the Chiefs and Browns.

The Lions wear throwbacks for Thanksgiving and will wear their color rush against the Panthers. I don't know if Detroit will use their third allotment.

I'm thinking the Giants will wear their color rush because it's going to be warm at Metlife, and the Jaguars could wear their teal to combat the heat/sun.

Bengals in white in Cleveland Week 16. Could that be a Browns color rush game? Or it could be like last year where they choose a few random games to throw on the standard browns. Either way, anything is better than white at home. I really hope they wear some sort of brown for the KC and Atlanta games Weeks 9-10 since we already missed out on the Panthers game 

19 minutes ago, sudden said:

The Bengals are wearing Color Rush Week 1 at Indy.

They just announced their uniform schedule on the official Bengals Twitter.

Orange versus Dolphins Week 5 and Saints Week 10.

Huh, why? You only see teams use alts on the road to beat the heat against WAH (Titans, Panthers come to mind), but the Bengals are simply trading white-on-white for white-on-white. It’s not like Lucas Oil is notorious for heat, either, regardless of if the roof is open or not. Why not save them for the home crowd, who Im sure they’re popular with?

If Cleveland wears goes with the color rush 3 times and with what we already know. What do you think the most logical games are? My guesses are...

Week 3 against the Jets

Week 16 against the Bengals

If there is a 3rd? What does everyone think? I really don't think we will see the orange alternate. But I also didn't think we would see brown and orange pants. So who knows.

1 hour ago, Andrew7256 said:

If Cleveland wears goes with the color rush 3 times and with what we already know. What do you think the most logical games are? My guesses are...

Week 3 against the Jets

Week 16 against the Bengals

If there is a 3rd? What does everyone think? I really don't think we will see the orange alternate. But I also didn't think we would see brown and orange pants. So who knows.

I think it's gotta be Atlanta. One out of conference team in the middle of the season between those to games. I'm hoping maybe the Browns secretly got approved to do what the Rams are doing and wear their Color Rush as many times as they want. The fact that the team said "more than once" seems to hint at something more open-ended than just twice. And I doubt they'd wait til Week 16 if it wasn't gonna be something relatively frequent.

The reason l I say week 16 is because it's their final home game and in the past, before these uniforms they've done all brown for the home finale...next question what does everyone think they'll wear in Tampa week 7? Possibly the 3rd color rush week? Or will Tampa be done with white at home at that point in the season?

Any White at homes in week one?

Archived