2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

4 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Jacksonville wearing teal, and then white over teal for their home games kind of makes me wonder if they regret not making teal the primary with this redesign. 

Officially, couldn’t they swap the designations? In 2012, the black uniform was switched to primary, which would, in theory, set off the 5-year rule. Nope, they rebranded the next year. So I don’t think that counts, as long as it’s not a brand-new uniform.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Officially, couldn’t they swap the designations? In 2012, the black uniform was switched to primary, which would, in theory, set off the 5-year rule. Nope, they rebranded the next year. So I don’t think that counts, as long as it’s not a brand-new uniform.

Valid point right here. That was very strange and unexpected. They didn't announce it til like Week 5 that year too. But as I've pointed out, with the new 3 time per year rule for alternates, I think their use of black and teal is gonna be about the same anyway.

Have to say the you might see the Browns wearing brown at home at lot more now that they've won a game.When they get a chance to re-design the uniform go back to basics;the uniform worn during the Brian Sipe era,Incorporate the Elf logo and have a Cream colored jersey as a third jersey.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Valid point right here. That was very strange and unexpected. They didn't announce it til like Week 5 that year too. But as I've pointed out, with the new 3 time per year rule for alternates, I think their use of black and teal is gonna be about the same anyway.

Ownership change is what allowed it back in 2012.  Also as far as I know they can change the primary next season and relegate black to an alt, They just can't change the uniforms themselves.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

Have to say the you might see the Browns wearing brown at home at lot more now that they've won a game.When they get a chance to re-design the uniform go back to basics;the uniform worn during the Brian Sipe era,Incorporate the Elf logo and have a Cream colored jersey as a third jersey.

The Browns had lost 14 straight in their brown jerseys from 2014 until 2016. They're currently lost 14 straight in their white jerseys, after their loss to the Saints...although they might break that next week against the Chokeland Faders.

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

2 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Ownership change is what allowed it back in 2012.  Also as far as I know they can change the primary next season and relegate black to an alt, They just can't change the uniforms themselves.

I suspect there's some time by which the Jags would have to alert the NFL and have that approved. I just don't know how much lead up is required for a change like that. The Broncos went through the Tebow season wearing blue despite having announced that the orange jerseys were being promoted to primary status, but I can't remember if that was announced before or during the season.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:55 PM, seahawk9 said:

So whats wrong with plain ?  All uniforms don't have to have busy stripes, two-tone jerseys or helmets, wild piping etc.  Just give me plain pants, jersey and slap a number on it and lets go.    Stop trying to be so different.  Less is more. 

Really? But I could say the same about you. Plain pants in general and especially white pants are high school uniforms. This is the NFL and they can do better, heck they did do better with their first set. 

spacer.png

On 9/17/2018 at 2:16 PM, Gupti said:

If seeing a relatively unembellished uniform makes you angrier than looking at even the Bucs, Titans, or Browns, then I cannot help you.

I don't like the Bucs, Browns or Titans uniforms, but I will say at least they tried. The Bucs went from best look to the bottom 4 looks. At least the Browns kept some of their beautiful stripes and as much as I loathe the Titans set, at least they put some effort into their rebrand. The Jaguars looked at Friday Night Lights and said, I want that generic uniform. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

I don't like the Bucs, Browns or Titans uniforms, but I will say at least they tried. The Bucs went from best look to the bottom 4 looks. At least the Browns kept some of their beautiful stripes and as much as I loathe the Titans set, at least they put some effort into their rebrand. The Jaguars looked at Friday Night Lights and said, I want that generic uniform. 

Perhaps a bit biased but who says just because you have a simplistic design it means you put zero effort in a redesign? Simple is sometimes better and it fits this teams personality, not saying they are perfect but i'd much rather have them than any of the nonsense we had before or the Bucs, Browns and Titans are now using.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

54 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Perhaps a bit biased but who says just because you have a simplistic design it means you put zero effort in a redesign? Simple is sometimes better and it fits this teams personality, not saying they are perfect but i'd much rather have them than any of the nonsense we had before or the Bucs, Browns and Titans are now using.

I'm not a huge fan of the Jags jerseys, but I'll take them over the new Titans's duds any day. And, it has nothing to do with effort. If anything, the Titans tried TOO hard. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, nuordr said:

As others have alluded to, it takes much more effort to create a great simple uniform than it does to create a lackluster one with lots of “stuff.” The presence of all those design elements does not indicate more effort was put toward composing the design or creating the conceptual background. Rather, it shows a lack of direction in distilling the concept down to a focused message and making sure that message is communicated with clarity and harmony.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

21 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The Falcons did exactly this two years ago with back to back games in Denver and Seattle.

https://247sports.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/Bolt/Dan-Quinn-makes-decision-not-to-go-back-to-Atlanta-ahead-of-Seahawks-game--48154169/

That was partially to stay acclimated to the 2 and 3 hour time difference and being across the country, Minnesota and Green Bay are really not that far from buffalo and both only 1 hour behind

10 hours ago, Pauly said:

I don’t think they can now change their uniform schedule, unfortunately it looks like they are stuck wearing predominately white at home this season.

27 minutes ago, Ark said:

The NFL's uniform policy is stupid. If the Browns went back to their old uniforms or used the ones from Thursday for every game and the NFL tried to fine them, public outrage would get them to stop.

If you think there exist some segment of the general public that actually gets outraged over sport's uniform issues, you've obviously spent to much time on this site.

3 hours ago, unimaniac said:

Bucs just posted that they’re wearing red (not color rush) jerseys on Monday night, which is a bit early in the season for them them to be wearing red at home, even for prime time games.

I don't think any team wears white at home at night due to the heat. The Bucs wore red on a Week 4 Monday night game in 2011 against the Colts. Part of the reason I'm glad this is a primetime game. Should be a great looking matchup with all those colors

Archived