2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

I take back everything I said about Jacksonville now that they wearing teal pants.

The Jaguars have been a great example of a team improving their uniform by leaning in to their best combinations. Going teal over white and white over teal with the black helmets and socks absolutely elevated the entire design. 

Its a true lesson that a uniform is the sum of its parts rather than elements in isolation. 

I want to like this Jaguars combination, but the color balance is so off. The helmet is almost entirely black, the jerseys are white and black, and then the pants are entirely teal. There's no cohesion between the elements of the uniform. It looks like the Jaguars forgot their pants at home and had to borrow a pair from another team. The pants badly need a stripe of some kind, and the jerseys need some teal somewhere. 

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I don't usually like all white uniforms, but Miami's look good

It's their best look with these uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

If I were the Redskins, I would've waited to use the white pants this week instead of last week.

Agreed, the gold pants would have looked good against the Colts in all white.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I really don't get the hate for the Redskins gold pants. It looks fine when the home look is burgundy over gold, but there's instances, like today, where burgundy over white makes a matchup look better. When the Redskins play at home and it is known the opponent will wear white pants, the gold pants should be used. When the opponent wears colored pants, the Redskins should wear white. As for when the Redskins are on the road, same deal except with white or burgundy pants. Just leave the gold pants at home.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Turns out, the Redskins ARE wearing white pants again. This is what happens when a team actually listens to fan input. It's only been two games, but I'm wondering if the gold pants were thrown out. 

Trust me the Skins FO never listens to fan input. If I had to guess, they're saving the gold pants for prime time games (they wore them in preseason so they're not gone). Or a more likely reason would be Alex Smith using his clout to make the switch. None of the players that have been on the team the last few season having been demanding those hideous white pants.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived