2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

39 minutes ago, hormone said:

I could have sworn the giants wore blue/white on the road. I thought they wore gray pants on the road no matter the jersey?

I was hoping that was a mistake when they released their uniform schedule via slideshow on twitter a few weeks ago but apparently it wasn't an error. They wore blue/grey against the cowboys last week. I definitely don't like the white pants being used on the road with the blues, should be exclusively for home. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/elitesportsny.com/2018/09/04/new-york-giants-announce-2018-uniform-schedule/amp/

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Trust me the Skins FO never listens to fan input. If I had to guess, they're saving the gold pants for prime time games (they wore them in preseason so they're not gone). Or a more likely reason would be Alex Smith using his clout to make the switch. None of the players that have been on the team the last few season having been demanding those hideous white pants.

One theory I've heard from local radio host Steve Czaban, who works for the station that was sold by the team over the summer, is that the gold pants being phased out is another sign Bruce Allen is losing clout with the Redskins. Allen brought back the gold pants because the Redskins wore the gold pants when his dad coached the team in the 1970s. 

There may be something to that theory given that the team has a new business management team in place that came from the NFL office. And the Redskins have finally come clean that both their season-ticket waiting list and their sellout streak are both no longer existent.

The Cardinals always seem to wear black in Week 4, usually their 2nd or third home game, this being their third.

That Monday night game is gonna look great. We haven't seen the Broncos wear navy against KC since they switched to orange. It's about time. much better contrast with the red of the Chiefs.

Watching MNF, and I honestly think the only change Tampa should have considered making a few years ago was adding a red socks to their previous set. Maybe even a set of pewter socks to too.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'm in the minority, but I like the Tampa uniforms. The color balance is consistent and they're really unique and have a cool color scheme. Never minded the pewter shoulders or the digital clock numbers. I think it's a solid look and has some personality. But if that uniform designation schedule is correct, we won't be seeing the red again until Week 13 apparently, which would be a shame. If the Jags can win in teal in 100 degree weather, I think the Bucs can handle red in 70 degree weather in November.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'm in the minority, but I like the Tampa uniforms. The color balance is consistent and they're really unique and have a cool color scheme. Never minded the pewter shoulders or the digital clock numbers. I think it's a solid look and has some personality. But if that uniform designation schedule is correct, we won't be seeing the red again until Week 13 apparently, which would be a shame. If the Jags can win in teal in 100 degree weather, I think the Bucs can handle red in 70 degree weather in November.

Theyve grown on me, but for me the biggest issue are the number font.  Change it from something like clock radios to a modern block of some kind and they really arent bad.

At least theyre not the Titans....

12 hours ago, sudden said:

Per their official weekly release, Bengals are in black pants.

This is better than white pants, but there will still be a lot of black. The Falcons badly need the red helmet back with that set if they refuse to bring back the black alts (even though there's a one helmet rule).

Anyone know what the rule is if a team is wearing white at home and then the game gets flexed to Sunday night or vice versa? Would the team get permission to change its uniform? The only example I can think of is all the way back in 2009 when the Dolphins were hosting the Pats in Week 13 on Sunday night. The game got switched to 1pm and the Fins were in white. Chances are they would've originally worn aqua. Makes me wonder..

Archived