2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

1 hour ago, CoasterLine said:

He wears kickers shoulder pads, has for years and in Philadelphia he wears a special cut that essentially looks more like a tank top than a standard jersey. It starts off not looking too terrible but by the end of the game, ends up looking like the photo taken due to everything getting pushed/pulled on line battles. It ends up looking hella stupid, but whatever works for him I guess.

I get that, and I even mentioned that above. This is a league where sock lengths result In fines, and players aren’t allowed to expose their stomachs (not that I want Elliot to go with the crop top look) but this is some how allowed?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has probably been mentioned, but yesterday was the first time I noticed: the black Jacksonville pants have a tiny bit of teal at the bottom (only on the back?).  I assume this was done to break up the leotard look.  I'd say it's at least partially successful.

Image result for jaguars chiefs

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

This has probably been mentioned, but yesterday was the first time I noticed: the black Jacksonville pants have a tiny bit of teal at the bottom (only on the back?).  I assume this was done to break up the leotard look.  I'd say it's at least partially successful.

Partially. It'd still be nice if they wore teal socks. 

Regular Season Week 6 (Part1) (BYES:Lions, Saints)
Eagles vs. Giants
317zmqs.jpgpf4Zbs4.jpg
Buccaneers vs. Falcons
5qsajHe.jpg565i8lS.jpg
Panthers vs. Redskins
db5MYK3.jpgUZCsuSi.jpg
Seahawks vs. Raiders
PaIRqdY.jpgt5RT1eo.jpg
Colts vs. Jets
ocGBnAP.jpgfciJGBH.jpg
Cardinals vs. Vikings
oC2kE8h.jpgUjyaszf.jpg
Steelers vs. Bengals
L3JIijR.jpgbwVxXM3.jpg
Chargers vs. Browns
8pEmLsY.jpgjPKxLUF.jpg

I'm thinking this is the week the Bucs break out the pewter pants given their lack of success lately. They've never worn them against ATL with this set. I think after the way the Jets played, we could see all green again, but they tend to only wear that once a year at home. 

So yesterday we saw the Jags black pants and the Titans light blue pants for the first time, and this week we'll see the black and navy jerseys for the first time.

42 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Week 6 -
Wearing white at home - Browns, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets and Giants (color rush)

2 color alternates

So I guess this is the Jets white out game which always seems to be their second or third home game for some reason and next week is regular Color rush. Odd placement. Color alts would be Chicago and Houston.

4 hours ago, msubulldog said:

I thought that the Rams would mothball that color pants.

I think they might've worn it because last season they won 42-7 on the road with that combo. Hopefully we won't see it again next year but I'm guessing they'll do it again because they won yesterday with that combo

9 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Would be so lit if the Pigskins broke out white over burgundy at home but I guess we’ll be seeing burgundy over white again. May be on track for the most burgundy over white since pre Gibbs 2.0.

They are wearing white at home when they play Dallas in a few weeks, so I imagine we'll see white over burgundy.

So still no one knows why the Saints randomly wore white for the game last night? I can't think of any logical reason. It seems to me more common in recent seasons for teams to wear white at home after already having worn color at home for a day game. We've seen it with the Jets, Browns, Saints, Jags, Bills, Dolphins, Bucs, and maybe some others I can't think of.

Archived