2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

46 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Why wouldn't the Browns take this opportunity to wear their orange jersey in the hot Florida sun?

It's possible. We're not sure if the Jags are the other alternate, but I doubt it since the Browns refuse to make logical decisions.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Why wouldn't the Browns take this opportunity to wear their orange jersey in the hot Florida sun?

5 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

It's possible. We're not sure if the Jags are the other alternate, but I doubt it since the Browns refuse to make logical decisions.

The funny thing is that when Browns players make public appearances they always wear their orange jerseys. Yet they never wear them on field. What's up with that?

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

20 hours ago, Mitch B said:

I really dig the Texans in red jerseys.  This should be their regular home look.

That would be part of my alternate universe for how the AFC South should look--which also includes Titans using Columbia as their primary color and Jaguars using Teal as their primary color. The Colts would remain unchanged.

24 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

The funny thing is that when Browns players make public appearances they always wear their orange jerseys. Yet they never wear them on field. What's up with that?

Maybe they don't want to waste an alternate uniform on an away game? 

19 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Jaguars look good today. 

Dpfr4gRXcAA4sZ8.jpg:large

I do not like this look at all. The new Jaguars uniforms are tied for the worst in the league with Tennessee and Tampa Bay. These are just not doing it for me. 

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Wonder what prompted the Redskins to go WAH vs the Cowboys--Alumni Weekend (instead of their throwback from the 50s)? Trying to jinx Dallas?

I've got this sneaking feeling they're going to break out "surprise" throwback white uniforms or something. I think they did that with the 75th anniversary. No warning if I remember correctly. Pretty lame, a disappointment, etc. Hope they go white over burgundy.

If those throwbacks included gold pants, might explain why we haven't seen them yet this year.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'd be shocked if any of these predictions are wrong:

Ravens in black

Eagles in black

Bills in all white

Sure hope I'm wrong, but I fully expect the Ravens in black. They love wearing it against teams that don't contrast with it at all and NFC teams in general. They did this last time they hosted the Saints:

First 2 are def wrong.  I dont know what pants Bills are wearing but they are wearing white jerseys

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

First 2 are def wrong.  I dont know what pants Bills are wearing but they are wearing white jerseys

Really? So when is Philly wearing black? They never wait this long. I guess the Ravens will save the black for the Steelers game in Week 9.

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Texans in red is perfect counter to the Cowboys owning navy blue primary.

I was thinking the same thing.  Embrace being the other Texas team.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

12 hours ago, canzman said:

Lions vs. Dolphins
oHuuZhH.pngWenwhrH.png

I wish the Dolphins would just go with this stormtrooper look for all games except for some prime time home games.  Outside of their throwbacks, this is their best look.  I just can't embrace their aqua jersey or the aqua pants.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

11 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Would be nice to see the Browns wear Color Rush, even if it would put them at the max usage for the year. Has a team ever ignored the NFL's alternate jersey rules? Could they just wear CR the rest of the year and pay a fine, or would the league not even let them on the field? 

After getting destroyed by the Chargers, they have only won one game wearing the white jerseys since they debuted in 2015.

I think the Rams are the only team that does that. That is, if you count their throwbacks as alternates. The team asked a permission to the NFL for this to be possible.

On 10/14/2018 at 3:56 PM, Mitch B said:

I really dig the Texans in red jerseys.  This should be their regular home look.

On 10/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, Ashes of Astroworld said:

It really should be. Especially since they won in them. 

The fans seem to be really into the "Battle Red" games.

houston-texans-quarterback-deshaun-watso

wild-texans-fans-celebrate-a-2013-come-f

houston-texans-fan-videos-a-narrative-of

I hope they eventually go with a white helmet. The logo will actually stand out, and it fits the overall look perfectly.

watt-of-the-houston-texans-celebrates-af

McNair-10th-Wallpaper-1280X800.jpg

I never realized that I was in the minority with not liking those white helmets. IMO they look a bit too plain, and the logo was made to work on navy. I also would prefer they stick with navy primaries. Why? While I hope they never change their jerseys, if they do I want a navy uniform with a white-red stripe taking up the whole sleeve cap, and maybe put a star somewhere (although that may be too close to the Cowboys). If you’re going to call yourselves the Texans, go all-in with the Texas imagery.

“Well, if you really want to do the Texas theme, be the Oilers”

NO. It’s a bad and dated look that people only like because it’s nostalgia for them (same with the Expos). The logo is just a oil derrick that looks like it belongs on a clipart website, and floating stripes are obnoxious. However, I did like the idea of Houston getting a “luv ya blue” Color Rush, as it light blue/red is a good color scheme. If you absolutely have to bring back the Oilers, at least modernize them.

ExJworW.png

Archived