2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

4 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I'd love to see the Ravens wear black over purple once...

I hope we get to see it before the season's out. That look would probably redeem the black jerseys for me.

I think today's purple-on-purple looked good because it had the black helmet and socks to balance out the uniform. Made the full outfit much better than when the Vikings go purple head-to-toe.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

A thing is either unique, or it is not.

I'll try to exercise more care in my use of modifiers in the future.  ?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

7 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That’s two weeks in a row Carolina ruined a potentially great uniform matchup with their pant choice. 

8x29n.gif

Yep. Burn the black pants. #traditionalist 

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

32 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Rams/niners looked great today.  Niners throwback uniform should be primary.

What the Niners should really do is take those throwbacks and use them as inspiration for a new uniform set. This is just a concept I made up myself, but I think they could maybe look something like this.

5tQX941.jpg

39 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

What the Niners should really do is take those throwbacks and use them as inspiration for a new uniform set. This is just a concept I made up myself, but I think they could maybe look something like this.

5tQX941.jpg

I like this idea a lot. The white ones would look even cooler because they'd remind you of the throwback whites so much. Rough mock up:

458507666-594x594.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Not bad guys, but what if we took that and gave it white pants instead to really take after the throwback all the way? Like just go all out with it head to toe?

Im terrible at photoshop so please excuse the roughness, but this is what I’m getting at:

steve-young.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I feel like the Ravens purple pants will end up being mothballed. Both times they've worn them this season they have had bad losses. One of my friends who's a Ravens fan declares it a curse at this point.

They shut out the Titans 21-0 in their purple pants last week.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Rams/niners looked great today.  Niners throwback uniform should be primary.

Only thing I would rather have seen is the rams with white pants for this set and if the niners wore the red socks from the reveal. Definitely would have given the 94 vibes. 

I like the Redskins in white over burgundy, but I prefer the homes with yellow/gold pants. There’s too much white and not enough yellow/gold with the white pants, and the facemask sticks out badly. I would like to see all-white once this season, though.

ExJworW.png

15 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Thats...actually not half bad! I have no explanation for how this is working for me, but somehow it is. 

That's more or less my feeling too.  It looks much better than I ever thought it would.

Maybe, as some have mentioned above, it's the balance created by the black helmet and socks.  Also, the white numbers and pants stripes provide much better contrast than the numbers and stripes on the Color Rush unis.

xhjmljhkgvqkym3e07lt.jpg10_OffenseSecHalf_news.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I thought the Bears dropped the throwbacks this year in favor of the orange jerseys.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived