2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BREAKING: Every team announces it will wear its alternates permanently since that's what every fan wants.

"Who cares about the history/identity we've built for the past 40 years? Bob and Joe like our color rush uniforms, so we'll stick with those."

-anonymous team owner

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You can have both now, can't you? A throwback and a 'color rush', which is the orange alt.

Well, I learned something today!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Rams/niners looked great today.  Niners throwback uniform should be primary.

NOT with those same white socks that they were wearing yesterday.

They need some kind of red themed socks, similar to what was worn in 1994 for NFL-75

deion.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I'll admit, I missed the thread in the latter half of the week and almost thought going to Ravens-Saints yesterday we would see purple-on-black. I guess that's what I get for sitting so high up in the stadium. But getting a closer look at it, the all-purple uniform is beautiful. Didn't think it would get such high praise, but it worked out! Just going to pray that as they wear purple pants more, that it doesn't fall into cursed uniform territory.

As for the Panthers....I can't stand their choice of black pants to go with their white jerseys. Big NOPE for me.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

29 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I'll admit, I missed the thread in the latter half of the week and almost thought going to Ravens-Saints yesterday we would see purple-on-black. I guess that's what I get for sitting so high up in the stadium. But getting a closer look at it, the all-purple uniform is beautiful. Didn't think it would get such high praise, but it worked out! Just going to pray that as they wear purple pants more, that it doesn't fall into cursed uniform territory.

As for the Panthers....I can't stand their choice of black pants to go with their white jerseys. Big NOPE for me.

I was sitting in the lower level corner by the Chain Gang guys.  They still looked sharp from there.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

10 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Who else still has a drop shadow?  I don't remember any.

Check out Canzman's graphics. Cleveland does. Baltimore does (differently styled, but a drop shadow). Cincinnati might - not sure if we call it a drop shadow or not.

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, leopard88 said:

xhjmljhkgvqkym3e07lt.jpg

5 hours ago, canzman said:

Eagles vs. Jaguars
hTKiCps.jpgYCVlH4d.jpg

Browns vs. Steelers
AHM1QZX.jpgDVg8xIs.png
Buccaneers vs. Bengals
A4eYhbN.jpg

10 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Who else still has a drop shadow?  I don't remember any.

See above.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

5 hours ago, canzman said:

Ravens vs. Panthers
4jhtutQ.jpgIUBHBf5.jpg

The Ravens dropshadow is more visible on the white jersey.  The black shadow is hard to see on the purple jersey.  

There is also a purple drop shadow on the black jersey that is hard to see.

s-l300.jpgrav_04_11_allblack_jefflewis_hor_620x620

On 10/21/2018 at 6:28 PM, Ashes of Astroworld said:

No, you're not wrong. One for throwbacks. The other for color rush. 

Can someone post a side-by-side pic of both the Rams' regular yellow pants and the color rush ones? I honestly thought they were the same pants.

2 hours ago, Bluefalcon said:

Can someone post a side-by-side pic of both the Rams' regular yellow pants and the color rush ones? I honestly thought they were the same pants.

Theyre close, but the color rush is navy blue and the throwbacks looks royal blue.

501810462.0.jpg

usatsi_11329711.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=0

This might sound a bit far-fetched, but I think the Saints Ravens game would've benefited from a higher quality broadcast. I've noticed with FOX, some of the games use lower quality cameras than the America's game of the week and 1 or 2 other games. I would've thought this game would be viewed higher given their records, but instead we got a grainy-looking broadcast. If the game was on say CBS in the 1:00 sun I think it would've looked nicer on TV. It looks good in those photos though.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

This might sound a bit far-fetched, but I think the Saints Ravens game would've benefited from a higher quality broadcast. I've noticed with FOX, some of the games use lower quality cameras than the America's game of the week and 1 or 2 other games. I would've thought this game would be viewed higher given their records, but instead we got a grainy-looking broadcast. If the game was on say CBS in the 1:00 sun I think it would've looked nicer on TV. It looks good in those photos though.

FOX uses 720p Cameras. CBS and NBC use 1080i Cameras. I’ve also noticed that FOX games always look alot worse on 4K TVs in comparison.

da0Lbhs.png

17 hours ago, simtek34 said:

FOX uses 720p Cameras. CBS and NBC use 1080i Cameras. I’ve also noticed that FOX games always look alot worse on 4K TVs in comparison.

I knew Fox uses 720p, but still, some of the broadcasts look clearer than others. For instance, look at any America's game of the week game as opposed to that Saints Ravens game. The difference seems pretty clear to me. I'm not sure why that is if it's all in 720p but I guess there are other factors aside from pixels.

17 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Week8:

1 alt, 2 classic, 2 color rush (but one is New Orleans who has been known to veer from the schedule)
Everyone is color at home

Alt = Panthers

2 Classic = Rams, Bears (assuming that isn't considered standard home for the Rams this season)

Color Rush = Texans

Love this time of year when color at home becomes the norm league-wide, aside from the Bucs who will apparently wear white til December and the Browns who basically flip a coin at this point.

Archived