2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

41 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Week9 -

Only white at home is Ravens who are again listed as a white "alternate". I think we've figured out that's either a typo or something that was abandoned.  Schedule that as regular white at home.

The Ravens website says black jerseys.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/

Week 9

Television

CBS / WJZ Ch. 13 (Baltimore)

Ian Eagle (play-by-play), Dan Fouts (analyst), Evan Washburn (sideline)

National Radio

Sports USA

Josh Appel (play-by-play), Doug Plank (analyst)

Local Radio

WBAL (1090 AM) & 98Rock (97.9 FM)

Gerry Sandusky (play-by-play), Jarret Johnson (analyst), Justin Forsett (sideline)

Spanish Radio

Tico Sports / Radio la Jefa 700AM

David Andrade - Narrador (play-by-play), Allen Gutierrez - Comentarista (analyst)

Pregame

CHALLENGER THE BALD EAGLE; MD AIR NATIONAL GUARD FLYOVER; LARGE USA FIELD FLAG

National Anthem

MUSICIAN FIRST CLASS KENNY RAY HORTON FROM THE US NAVY

Legend of the Game

MATT STOVER

Halftime

HALFTIME COMBINE; 7-ON-7 FLAG FOOTBALL GAME WITH RAVENS ALUMNI AND ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS

Ravens Jersey Color

BLACK

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

tumblr_inline_owvdolh8jn1shrb8p_500.gif

haha I should specify that I squint like Robert and pretend the gold isn't on those jerseys!  From a television-watching perspective I just prefer the contrasting color schemes.

Maybe this illustrates what I mean:

2yun0bp.jpg

Pleasant surprise to see the Browns not in white at home this week.

Gridiron Database has them in color next week vs. ATL too and they've been right about every Falcon game so far

Browns are also in color Week 16 vs CIN.

Carolina said they are wearing in black in Cleveland in Week 14, so that leaves just one more Browns white at home game (3 total on the season)

6 hours ago, _RH_ said:

haha I should specify that I squint like Robert and pretend the gold isn't on those jerseys!  From a television-watching perspective I just prefer the contrasting color schemes.

Maybe this illustrates what I mean:

2yun0bp.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to illustrate with those two pictures, but the bottom one is a few dozen miles better.

8 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Could be changed — FWIW the Steelers specifically says black jerseys on the guide.  But again maybe they changed it. This comes out in like July. 

The Ravens don't usually post their weekly Gameday summary until the beginning of each week, so it should be current/accurate.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to illustrate with those two pictures, but the bottom one is a few dozen miles better.

Fair enough, but I enjoy being able to quickly tell "who is who" in a big pile of bodies.  I think the Rams' royal+yellow is overall better looking, but navy+white looks better against Green Bay.

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I feel like you're tuned into this stuff to know what he's trying to illustrate, even if you disagree with him. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

Texans should wear their color rush as many times as possible. Just enough of a change to not be a bad change and the all  blue non leotard look is a nice change since the red socks are gone. 

I like the Color Rush navy pants better than their standard navy pants. The white has always felt strange to me. 

Using the CR navy pants, the red numbers on the away jersey and the red jerseys in general would make their set more cohesive. I wouldn't want to see the CR jerseys on a regular basis

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

I feel like you're tuned into this stuff to know what he's trying to illustrate, even if you disagree with him. 

I get what he's saying now, but I didn't with the first post.  I don't know if the post was a bit unclear, or if I just didn't read it well enough.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I get what he's saying now, but I didn't with the first post.  I don't know if the post was a bit unclear, or if I just didn't read it well enough.

I think he has a good point. Often times, from a macro perspective, having two teams wearing gold pants at once looks worse than most other matchups, even if there are infuriating design details/color inconsistencies when you look at a high def image or close-up still. 

potd 10/20/12

And now from the Ravens Facebook page, in case further confirmation was needed . . .

https://www.facebook.com/baltimoreravens/photos/a.429037126228/10156003115066229/?type=3&theater

I wasn't able to post the picture directly.  Possible user error.

5 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

And now from the Ravens Facebook page, in case further confirmation was needed . . .

https://www.facebook.com/baltimoreravens/photos/a.429037126228/10156003115066229/?type=3&theater

I wasn't able to post the picture directly.  Possible user error.

Is this a Fraktur-style font? Kind of an odd choice, no?

potd 10/20/12

Just now, DeFrank said:

Is this a Fraktur-style font? Kind of an odd choice, no?

They have been using it in most of their social media material this season.  I'm not sure why.

Website banner (and, yes, the slogan is pretty bad) --

iljogbr29xgweuh1kwkn

16 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

They have been using it in most of their social media material this season.  I'm not sure why.

Website banner (and, yes, the slogan is pretty bad) --

iljogbr29xgweuh1kwkn

Anybody who knows more about fonts and all that want to comment? I'm reading this article. Font makes me feel icky, but I don't think that's valid of me.

potd 10/20/12

Archived